PDA

View Full Version : Scott Driscoll MP calls on Qld Government to lift Green Zones at Woody Point

Mike Delisser
11-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Perhaps he's not all bad.
Disgraced Qld MP Scott Driscoll MP made a rare appearance at Parliament question time and put a question on notice to Fisheries Minister, asking to have Green Zones at Woody Point and Scott's Point lifted to allow family fishing to return to these areas.
http://www.news.com.au/national-news/queensland/phantom-redcliffe-mp-scott-driscoll-returns-to-parliament/story-fnii5v6w-1226716455146

Before the last election and also when it was introduced, MP Mark and the LNP said they were firmly against the Woody Point green zone, so the Fisheries Minister's reply to Driscoll's question should be interesting.
The LNP's Steve Dickson (State Minister for Parks, Recreation, Sport & Racing) has recently gone on record claiming the State Government has no plans to alter the current Moreton Bay green zones because they were developed independently using the best scientific data, and rec anglers were consulted during the planning process to ensure the most popular fishing spots were excluded from the zones. >:(

So I wouldn't hold out much hope, but at least we'll have the Minister's response on hansard.

BTW Why does it take some one who was kicked out of the LNP to ask the question?

ozynorts
12-09-2013, 07:19 AM
BTW Why does it take some one who was kicked out of the LNP to ask the question?

Because he is no longer in the party and his opinion is no longer that of the party machine.:o

Mike Delisser
12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Here's the actual "question on notice" Scott Driscoll MP has put to the Qld Fisheries Minister (McVeigh)
635 QUESTION ON NOTICE
ASKED : Wednesday, 11 September 2013
Answer due : Friday, 11 October 2013

MR DRISCOLL Asked the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (Mr McVeigh)—

Will the Minister review and remove the anti-fishing ban via a green zone instituted by the
previous State Labor government in my Redcliffe Electorate, in particular where that green
zone impacts the foreshore and shallow waters between Woody Point and Scott’s Point,
directly out from what has for many years been a well visited family friendly parkland?

bugman
13-09-2013, 04:02 PM
I cant say too much - other than I have been involved with that guy - MP Driscoll ... and he might as well enjoy his time in the sun now because that fraudulent con artist will soon only be seeing the sun through steel bars.

Gazza
14-09-2013, 05:46 PM
His "suggestion" will go-down like a LEAD Balloonny....due to his present "status "....jmo

imo....Just gives more delay-time to the LNP , to reject same ......across QLD.

[or maybe Mark-mp could 2nd. and champion this cause??.....across QLD.]

i won't hold me breath , if even the Mighty Timi , couldn't make a dent-in-ALP-policy......2-date :'(

Mike Delisser
15-09-2013, 01:16 AM
Yes Gazza it would be good if MP Mark backed Driscoll's question to the Minister.

bluefin59
15-09-2013, 07:05 AM
The only backing we seem to get of our favourite M.P is back peddling trying to deny anything that he said and now he has won his seat he will only be interested in looking after his parliamentary entitlements ,so don't waste your time I say 👎👎👎👎thanks Matt ...

Gazza
25-09-2013, 03:38 PM
L::-?N::-?P::-?.........QUEENSLAND :hammer:

X'Mas is coming !!
:hammer::cowboy::laola::dankk2:.....:2vrolijk_08:

Thanks Santa :idea:

Gazza
29-10-2013, 03:59 PM
L::-?N::-?P::-?.........QUEENSLAND :hammer:

X'Mas is coming !!
:hammer::cowboy::laola::dankk2:.....:2vrolijk_08:

Thanks Santa :idea:Well FMD .....
IFFF the lnp "still can't open WOODY to RecFishos BY NOW??" .....
.....LIKE ,how friggin' simple is that to do !!

i suggest , THE LNP HAVE ZERO intentions of "going against" ANY & ALL ALP "REC-fishing" policy

sorry Mark MP & co.....you 'n co HAVE NO BALLS , soo PLEASE,
no further pretend "REC-FISHO-FRIENDLY BULLSHIT , diatribe or SPAM NEEDED"
jmo and sadly pissed off at "nothingness" !!!!!!!!!!! :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

[p.s. bluefin59 , I hereby APOLOGISE 2 U for 'initially' disagreeing with your post]

bannana
29-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Just curious as I don't pay that much attention to the politics around this topic.

What Government (State or Federal) is in charge of implementing and managing Green Zones and Marine parks?

Who was in power when these were first introducing (Labor, Coalition)?

Gazza
29-10-2013, 05:17 PM
GBRMP....WAS libs-howard
Green-zones in "state waters" , is guv't of-the-day , i.e. controls what-is or isn't "green-zones".....simple
p.s. I don't remotely "think" PM Tony Abbott will "override the GBRMP"....do you? or anyone-else?

Moonlighter
29-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Depends what water you are talking about. There are State and Commonwealth marine parks.

Moreton Bay MP is a State beast, in its latest iteration was done by Anna Blight's labor Government.

Gazza
29-10-2013, 08:00 PM
:helpa: ML, sounds like unless Anna is re-elected , :closed: NOTHING will be changed :closed:

Bugga...... :hammer:

Moonlighter
29-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Dont start me Gazza, i was closely involved in the fight against the Bligh green zones. What a experience.

But dont give up on the new Qld Govt guys. These things can take time for all sorts of reasons that many people will never understand. There are some good people in there who wont give up in a hurry, i am confident of that.

Whats that old saying....

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.......

Gazza
29-10-2013, 09:11 PM
These things can take time for all sorts of reasons that many people will never understand Don't start me either m8 , with decision-DELAYING-BS mumbo/jumbo >:(
LNP should just give us ......i.e. the Dumbos & great unwashed .... examples/fact(s) of WTF u mean...please. :-?

sincerely thank all for that anti-greenzone effort[/U]]
BUT ML , i am a little confused with your "battle for moreton bay" scenario.....

[I]Q. DID you have LNP support at THAT time ??????

Moonlighter
30-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Don't start me either m8 , with decision-DELAYING-BS mumbo/jumbo >:(
LNP should just give us ......i.e. the Dumbos & great unwashed .... examples/fact(s) of WTF u mean...please. :-?

sincerely thank all for that anti-greenzone effort[/U]]
BUT ML , i am a little confused with your "battle for moreton bay" scenario.....

[I]Q. DID you have LNP support at THAT time ??????. Yes, had strong support.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Politics, like cricket, can be a strange and surprising game at times. And this is the long game, not 20/20.

bannana
30-10-2013, 05:53 AM
GBRMP....WAS libs-howard
Green-zones in "state waters" , is guv't of-the-day , i.e. controls what-is or isn't "green-zones".....simple
p.s. I don't remotely "think" PM Tony Abbott will "override the GBRMP"....do you? or anyone-else?

Gazza,

Well I thank John Howard for the GBRMP then simply because the fishing up there is far better now than ten years ago. It seems to work and fisho's not overly effected. I know some of you guys have issues with the GBRMP and I don't understand why????

For the green zones all you guys seem to bitch about most we can all blame the ALP for this and time will be needed to reverse any poorly thought out decisions. I'm sure there were plenty of poor decisions that were made by the ALP in this area (obviously) because of their Green pressure, persuasions, ill thought out track record and knee jerk reactions to most situations.

Give it time... LNP should be judged on the additional or lesser number of Green zones after there term. We all get to vote on their actions.

Gazza
31-10-2013, 01:56 PM
. Yes, had strong support.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.

Politics, like cricket, can be a strange and surprising game at times. And this is the long game, not 20/20.:blush::disappointed::shout:...... Good 4 u ML , :thumbup: keep "swinging 4 us" :thumbup:

but REALITY m8 , it "does" seem like that support has dissipated DRAMATICALLY since election day....

Anyways m8 :gossip:
Maybe I'm not a grasshopper...;D...just a frilly-necked-lizard?......eating a butterlfy? :-*:P:LOL:
THE LNP aren't EVER going to release ANY "greenzone" unless Commercially-viable...imo

YEP....MARK MY WORDS...:'(
...OR can anybody??.....PLEASE!!.....prove me wrong , no balls needed , just "ACTION" required ;)

Steeler
31-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Semantics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Moonlighter
31-10-2013, 04:37 PM
To quote Sir Humphrey.....

In the fullness of time, all will become clear.

Be patient, my friend. You do not get what you want now, just because you scream louder. In fact, sometimes, the best thing to do is be quiet and patient and the reward you seek may come sooner than you think.

You seem to be pretty much pessimistic about the change we want actually happening.

I, on the other hand, am more of a "glass half full" type of person.

Why? Because I know the people involved and they are quality individuals who have characteristics that i admire: work, dedication and competence. They will get a result for us, i think.

Gazza
31-10-2013, 04:57 PM
fair comment m8....I'll try... here goes ,wish me luck , +ve,+ve,+ve :P

I'm just a typical "empty glass" RecFisho ...OUR PROBLEM ,
not yours ,
not the "REC-FISHO-FRIENDLY" LNP-fraudsters
imo who are weak as piss on "delivery" , and total bullshit on rhetoric promises...never happenning >:(

Yep,yep..."fail"......Bugga :hammer:

I'll-be-bak :-X

Mike Delisser
31-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Well after a long long wait the answer from the Qld Fisheries Minister is in

On the 11th of September Redcliffe MP Scott Driscoll put the following question to Fisheries Minister McVeigh

QUESTION:
Will the Minister review and remove the anti-fishing ban via a green zone instituted by the previous State Labor government in my Redcliffe Electorate, in particular where that green zone impacts the foreshore and shallow waters between Woody Point and Scott’s Point, directly out from what has for many years been a well visited family friendly parkland?

After approximately 1 month we finally got an answer from Qld Fisheries Minister McVeigh

ANSWER:
The Member should direct this question to the Minister for National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing who has ministerial responsibility for marine parks, including the Moreton Bay Marine Park and the activities and zoning arrangements therein.

Not bad hey....took 1 month for the Fisheries Minister to come up with that.
Not to be deterred on the 17th of October Redcliffe MP Driscoll then put this question to Qld Minister for National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing, Mr Dickson MP

Question
Will the Minister move quickly to revoke the Labor Government imposed fishing green zone which exists along the actual foreshore between Woody Point and Scott’s Point, thus presenting a ban on family fishing from the beach, which sits along the edge of a wonderful parkland and BBQ area local Redcliffe people embrace?

Stay tuned........we only have to wait until the 18th of November for the next answer from the Qld State Government.

Gazza
31-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Just...."IMAGINE"....

IFFF private businesses called for "board meetings??" to declare who's INBOX/TRAY is whose....shame,shame,shame ,and friggin disgusting .. :rifle::furious2::wut:

these diks also presently control QLD :'(

CUTTING "GREEN/RecFisho tape , my arse"... imo

PeterKroll
31-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Years ago, I had a board game called 'The Game of Nations'. The whole game was premised on the first rule of a computer program that the CIA used to predict political events in third world countries. That rule was: "Whatever a person expresses as a belief, and whatever a person sincerely intends to do, when they finally achieve power, their primary aim becomes to stay in power".

Their reasons vary of course, but it seems to be true.

Mark Robinson MP
02-11-2013, 08:39 PM
But dont give up on the new Qld Govt guys. These things can take time for all sorts of reasons that many people will never understand. There are some good people in there who wont give up in a hurry, i am confident of that.
Yes moonlighter. It's not over yet.
There are many inside govt who believe there needs to be a better deal for rec fishers. All coastal MPs want fairness and reduction of rec fishing restrictions where it is likely to be low risk to fish sustainability, marine biodiversity and other environmental values. I am still fighting for fairness and we still have time on the clock this term.
I realise that some are running out of patience and others have given up hope.
But again, the best thing ppl can do is contact their local MP so they know your views. If you don't they won't know and it is harder to argue for change.
So, push your polly.

cobiaman
02-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Most of us have given up hope mark, does 1 hook per person in a greenzone ring a bell???

Steeler
02-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Yes moonlighter. It's not over yet.
There are many inside govt who believe there needs to be a better deal for rec fishers. All coastal MPs want fairness and reduction of rec fishing restrictions where it is likely to be low risk to fish sustainability, marine biodiversity and other environmental values. I am still fighting for fairness and we still have time on the clock this term.
I realise that some are running out of patience and others have given up hope.
But again, the best thing ppl can do is contact their local MP so they know your views. If you don't they won't know and it is harder to argue for change.
So, push your polly.

If so many inside your govt believe a better deal should be had and with your HUGE majority why the sloooooooooowwwwwww progress.

Why push you local polly if " Can Do " is a rec fisho's best friend as is already aware of the rec fisho's wish list.

hainsofast
03-11-2013, 08:57 AM
You can make up your own pay and new laws at the drop of a hat Mark, why are you dragging on this issue?

Gazza
03-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Mark-MP wasn't a fit-person to control Fishing ,as per shambles-newman decision :'(

GREENZONES won't be "opened to RecFishing" unless commercially viable
....it's NOW f-a-i-r-l-y "obvious" imo...

Mark(past)and the PRESENT fish-minister,
shows that the LNP were never-ever REC-FISHO-FRIENDLY

>:( MARK MY WORDS ::)
....once the biomass increases , so will commercial "activity"...get used 2 it

Gazza's merry-go-round/groundhog day.....theory ;):'(
[prove-me-WRONG!!! ]
:'(:'( ...AND "I" truly-trust somebody DOES!!!

Mike Delisser
03-11-2013, 08:38 PM
If so many inside your govt believe a better deal should be had and with your HUGE majority why the sloooooooooowwwwwww progress.

Why push you local polly if " Can Do " is a rec fisho's best friend as is already aware of the rec fisho's wish list.

Yes Steeler....prior to the last State election, in the Ausfish thread titled What would change for rec fishos with a Campbell Newman led Government? MP Mark assured us all that Campbell Newman was indeed the rec fisherman's friend.
Mark's exact words were "To start with, Campbell is a BCF bloke - into boats, camping and fishing. He may be an inner city Brisbanite, but he loves Moreton Bay and camping and fishing with family and mates."
But Steeler, the really strange thing is that in all of Campbell Newmann's biographies, not even 1 of these activities is mentioned among his many hobbies and pastimes.
I think we're being played for suckers..........again.

Steeler
03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Not all got sucked in. Mr Semantic and Mr Selfie might have to fess up however.;D;D

bluefin59
04-11-2013, 08:03 AM
The Libs are not doing any thing to help us and are only going to make life tough for us all , even the laws supposedly disigned to control bikies will be able to be used against any group of people who don't conform to his way of thinking . This Cando is going to cause more grief than any sort of help he is supposed to be doing and as far as M.P Mark goes he isn't intitled to bulldust to us anymore as he is just a seat warmer in this government 😝😝😝😝😝Matt

Homer_Jay
05-11-2013, 02:54 PM
MP Mark, why do we need to 'push our pollies' ?

I was of the understanding that they were on side with the loosening of the regulation on green zones, from what you were here saying before the election. Well at least you and 'BCF Campbell' were onside and that changes were implied.

Why didn't you say before the election 'when the LNP get elected, you will need to work hard and push us to get us onside and THEN we may look at some changes'.

Seems to me that would have been a bit closer to the truth.

PeterKroll
05-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Well gents, if you think back to John Howard's era, you may remember the time when he promised, during an election, that he was not going to break any promises. Then, when elected, he broke most of his promises, including the promise not to break any promises. :P

I recall that he said that he had broken promises, but they were 'non-core' promises. :D

So Mark MP, Scott MP, or any other pollie on this forum who is part of the mob in power:

Can you please provide a list of election promises, highlighting the 'non-core' ones? It's too confusing otherwise. And at the moment, I'm assuming that 'non-core' is political speak for 'all'. ;)

Shawn 66
05-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Well gents, if you think back to John Howard's era, you may remember the time when he promised, during an election, that he was not going to break any promises. Then, when elected, he broke most of his promises, including the promise not to break any promises. :P

I recall that he said that he had broken promises, but they were 'non-core' promises. :D

So Mark MP, Scott MP, or any other pollie on this forum who is part of the mob in power:

Can you please provide a list of election promises, highlighting the 'non-core' ones? It's too confusing otherwise. And at the moment, I'm assuming that 'non-core' is political speak for 'all'. ;)
Mate ,
Spot on summation .
Shawn

Gazza
05-11-2013, 04:54 PM
GUTLESS OR "non-core"...only one is true!!.......SIMPLE

Moonlighter
05-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Have any of you lot bothered to contact your local MLA to voice your concern and request them to get on with delivering what was promised?? I bet not.

Reading between the lines (yes, i know this is probably far too subtle for you to pick up) from what Mark said, i think the message he is sending us is that some of Mark's parliamentary colleagues might be either a bit anxious about making the changes required, or might have been swayed a little by some of the greeny spin that they so successfully put on this whole green zone BS. In other words, they might not be 100% on side. Yet.

We can argue all we like about promises etc, but the fact is, not all the LNP members of Parliament are bayside members like Mark is, and so they probably dont get just how important this issue is to us fisher-folk.

I will spell it out a bit more for you, because i know how these things work.

To get action happening on an issue they are passionate about, backbenchers like Mark have to raise it in a party room meeting, and, unless their proposals receive solid support from the majority of other members, then they dont get action, or they get pushed back down the list of priorities.

So by contacting your local government MLA, it helps people like Mark advocate for what we want and enhances the chances of success when he raises things in the party room.

Get it?

You contact your local LNP member, and politely but firmly ask them why they havent acted on this policy by now, and tell them clearly but respectfully that you, your family, and your fishing mates are getting darned tiired of waiting for them to deliver, and ask them for a specific committment to get on with it in the very near future. And to report back to you on progress!

The more of us that do this, the more chance there is of success.

Don't come back to me and say we shouldnt have to do this, because frankly, it is irrelevant. We do what needs to be done to get the result, and this is what's needed.

I have already contacted my local MLA, in fact, i have a note in my diary at the beginning of each month that reminds me to folllow up with him and thats what i have been doing for the last year or so. And offering to help move things forward in any way i can.

So what have you each done to actually help move things forward?

Get on and do it. No excuses. I spelt it out above.

Steeler
05-11-2013, 06:28 PM
May a politely suggest ML your post is confusing.

In the early parts you say Mark's colleagues may be a little tentative and so forth yet in the later stages you say " have not acted on this policy ".

So do they still need persuading to act on a policy or do they need persuading to come up with one ?.

Moonlighter
05-11-2013, 06:59 PM
If you cant understand what is required, Steeler, then I cant help you.

Its not that hard.

Steeler
05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
I will put my take on things and then put my flame suit on.

Mark MP used this website as a vehicle for political self promotion pulling on the heartstrings of rec fisho's on issues close to many on here. The perfect target audience to whip up anti govt hysteria.

In the process of this self promotion Mark made statements and inferences in his position as shadow which at the time he may not have had the full authority of the party to be making.

Post election Mark MP does not get the gig because none of those inferences he made were ever going to come to fruition.

I find it very difficult to believe a state govt with there HUGE majority would be rattled by a minority group or Greens to implement policy.

Or perhaps a policy only existed in the minds of a few.

One might say Semantics, others may say a promise not delivered whilst others may say there was no policy/promise to begin with.

All i know is for all the hysteria whipped up on this website pre election the silence of the deeds is profoundly deafening.

Moonlighter
05-11-2013, 08:53 PM
I find it very difficult to believe a state govt with there HUGE majority would be rattled by a minority group or Greens to implement policy..

And therein is your problem, and that of some others around this post.

You don't understand politics and how political parties work. And when someone who does, tries to put things nice and simply so you can learn,

This post is about Moreton Bay green zones and the Qld Govt acting on its pre-election commitments, in whatever form they might have been. And how we can apply the right kind of pressure to get what we want. Simple.

There is no point bitching about who said what or promised what or how big a majority they have or anything like that. There is no point posting your negativity here, any of you. There is no point calling Mark or others names. All a complete waste of time and energy.

If you want action, you have to get onto them in person, phone or visit their offices. Tell them what you think.

But above all else, do something constructive about it if you feel passionate about the issue.

I guess sometime between now and the next Qld election, either you or me will have major egg on face.

I'm betting it wont be me;)

bluefin59
06-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Sorry champ but most of qld supports the pressure applied to the bikies by the introduction of new bikie laws. There is a few hard core idiots that just want to support their team and oppose anything a lib government introduces but most people have a brain and choose to use it.

You don't fall into this category.
You obviously crossed the line somewhere overnight , bye bye. If the bikies break the law let them be deAlt with by judge and jury as is the way with the LEGAL system not introduce laws that have much more far reaching affects that could end up discriminating against a lot of other groups in the community but I guess you don't get what I put up in the first place . We will see where this all goes but if it starts to affect me myself and others are willing to do what we have to do . Matt

Steeler
06-11-2013, 07:45 AM
" You don't understand politics and how political parties work. And when someone who does, tries to put things nice and simply so you can learn, you seem incapable of understanding the message."

Why don't you as the higher authority enlighten us to these inner intricate workings of politics. Help us to better understand and be more like you.

Moonlighter
06-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Already have, see my earlier post. NFA required.

I'm done.

manta man
06-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Mark MP used this website as a vehicle for political self promotion pulling on the heartstrings of rec fisho's on issues close to many on here.

Well Steeler you got a BULLSEYE MATE. Hav'nt heard all seen anything, about Mark MP since before the last election encouraging everybody to vote for LNP in QLD. MMM.... i wonder why. I notice others involved in this thread have made comments (ah yeh give it time things will happen). Yep things are certainly happening alright (1,000S OF JOBS GONE, DENYING BASIC RIGHTS FOR UNION MEMBERS... AND THE LIST JUST KEEPS GOING. Also some of the comments about the Greenies.. just remember even though i don't agree with some outcomes, without them it would be open Slather for all to destroy. As for the Green Zones i actually support them to some extent, no and i'm not a Greenie. Do we want the same situation in our own backyard, compared to the rest of the world ? Cheers Manta Man.

Gazza
07-11-2013, 01:25 PM
If you cant understand what is required, Steeler, then I cant help you.

Its not that hard.ML...navel gaze time M8
just "maybe" your part of the problem ,not the solution?
jmo

p.s. "previous" red/green tape , still is red/green and also NOW BLUE tape... :'(

PATHETIC !!

Mike Delisser
07-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Got a survey from my local LNP member today, claims it's to collect public feedback for shaping future Gov policies, also claims it's the largest survey of it's type ever undertaken in Qld.
50 questions about what we want...Guess how many questions on rec-fishing?

Steeler
07-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Loving the football analogy ML introduced so will say " look at the scoreboard " and i reckon 0 would be it.

How did i go Mike ?.

As soon as they overcome there fear of minority groups or teeny weeny greenies things should change;D;D;D

Lovey80
07-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Wow Manta Man, that was a bit of a rant. Denying BASIC rights of union members hey? I wish they had taken away the rights of Union officials to walk onto large construction sites and outright lie to their members about politics before the last election. Anyhoo.....

Steeler, I never thought I'd say it but I agree with you. The LNP could have introduced a bill into parliament on day ONE of sitting after they were elected to allow one line one hook in green zones and a further review of the whole MBMP green-zone process and it would not have been a single flake of skin off their noses. Meanwhile, we have a front page bikie war going on which is costing us how much? They managed to give themselves a pay rise pretty quickly after getting in...... While Bligh/Rudd/Gillard have ensured I will never again vote Labor again for the rest of my life, Can-Do has a lot of heavy lifting to do before Clive Palmer gets my donkey vote at the next election.......

Who's starting up the Fishing and Lifestyle party again?

Mike Delisser
07-11-2013, 10:58 PM
That's correct Steller, zero. No interest at all in recfishing.

Lovey80
08-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm also sick of hearing excuses about "politics". These slimy excuses are the reason why the vast majority of the voting public despise politicians. I reckon it's the reason that nut job Palmer got so many votes at a first election. Because he's FAR from your stock standard, forked tongue Polly which every single one of them always turns out to be.

We just need some straight talking and even straighter acting leadership in this country. I saw an interview of an old enquiry about print media in which a group of the slimy bastards including a young Costello were throwing questions at Kerry Packer. He made a fantastic point about the tons and tons of red tape and regulation each government adds to the country and said they should have to "repeal a piece of old legislation before they can enact a new one". Bloody spot on I recon.

Jefferson was on the money a long long time ago when he said "a government is best that governs least". Time for pollies at all levels to take that on board.

Gazza
09-11-2013, 01:10 PM
As soon as they overcome there fear of minority groups or teeny weeny greenies things should change;D;D;D
Shambles Campbell is GREENER THAN ALGAE , but seemingly has an IQ of an amoeba :'( when it comes to "RECFISHO-FRIENDLY".....

Pathetic gutless wonder...imo

Mark Robinson MP
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Got a survey from my local LNP member today, claims it's to collect public feedback for shaping future Gov policies, also claims it's the largest survey of it's type ever undertaken in Qld.
50 questions about what we want...Guess how many questions on rec-fishing?

Here's a big no brainer for you Mike. If there is a section for comment in that survey why don't you tell them what you want. If you said one-millionth of the crap you give me they will give in straight away.

Mike Delisser
09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Here's a big no brainer for you Mike. If there is a section for comment in that survey why don't you tell them what you want. If you said one-millionth of the crap you give me they will give in straight away.

Perhaps Mark it would be a no-brainer if the LNP had included a section for comment in their "Biggest Community Survey" .................... BUT THEY DIDN'T

Edit - Just in case you didn't believe me. And seriously Lovey80, have you ever backed a winner?
The pics below show there is no section for comment

Mike Delisser
09-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Interesting turn of phrase you used there too MP Mark, why would they (LNP) be "giving in" if they were to move on opening up some Green Zones to limited rec-fishing?

Homer_Jay
10-11-2013, 06:06 AM

If you did one -millionth of the straight out bull$#!? That you shovelled here before the election, we will all vote LNP for the rest of our life!

SHOOTER1
10-11-2013, 08:15 AM
Can"t see how repelling a green zone at Woody Point would upset anyone except a few radicals who if they had their way would ban fishing outright. To me it's a no brainer. Just do it. All I can see is a good news story if this happened.

Moonlighter
10-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Quiz to test your "political antenna" or comprehension of how politics works.

Ex LNP and now disgraced local member Scott Driscoll demands government lift green zones at Woody Point.

Question: Have Driscoll's public demands made it:

(a) far less likely that Woody point Green zones will be lifted; or
(b) more likely that this green zone will be lifted; or
(c) made no difference whatsoever?

There is only one correct answer, which one is it?

Steeler
10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Here is another and not real hard even for those of us including me with apparent numpty idea of how politics work.

Do actions speak louder than words ?.

manta man
10-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm just wondering, what will actually be achieved by opening up these Green Zones. Better fishing ? More Fish to catch? More options?

Mike Delisser
10-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm just wondering, what will actually be achieved by opening up these Green Zones. Better fishing ? More Fish to catch? More options?

That's a good question Manta Man.
The Green Zone being talked about in this case is the Scotts Point - Woody Point Green Zone. It's quite small covers water adjacent to a popular park and picnic ground. Kids could safely fish from the little beach while their parents watched on from the shaded picnic area. The area is also reasonably sheltered from many of the prevailing winds which makes it safe. Also just off the beach but still in the green zone is a great little reef where small boat anglers could fish for Snapper sweetlip cod Tailor and bream, also used to be one of the best sand crab spots in the area. It was the only easily accessible spot like this for small boat anglers on the southern side of the Redcliffe Peninsular.
Ausfish member Lapras summed it up well when he posted this back in 2008
My personal concern is that it covers the only decent section of structure easily accessible in my tinny from the Pine, which for me is a safety issue as much as a fishing one - particularly when I want a family day out.

But probably the major thing achieved if this Green Zone was opened up to recreational anglers would be MP Mark, Campbell Newman, and the LNP would be following through with commitments they made to rec-anglers prior to the last State election, in particular the commitments MP Mark and Campbell made to anglers at the Brisbane Tinnie n Tackle Show only days before the election.

Moonlighter
10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Quiz to test your "political antenna" or comprehension of how politics works.

Ex LNP and now disgraced local member Scott Driscoll demands government lift green zones at Woody Point.

Question: Have Driscoll's public demands made it:

(a) far less likely that Woody point Green zones will be lifted; or
(b) more likely that this green zone will be lifted; or
(c) made no difference whatsoever?

There is only one correct answer, which one is it?

Must be too hard a question . Oh well, i like to be a helpfull fellow sometimes, so here's the answer, and question 2:

Q1 answer: (a)

Q2: why is (a) the answer to Q1?

(a) because in politics you never give an opponent a result they can claim for their own; or
(b) because you dont want to give an opponent, who you dont like since he's done some very dodgy things and damaged your brand, the opportunity to get good publicity for themselves; or
(c) because no other adjacent bayside local MLA's on the Government team have had any significant number of their local constituents contacting them to ask when they are going to do the review of green zones in the Bay that was promised, in one way or another, prior to and/or during the election campaign; or
(d) a combination of all of the above.

This is an easy one.

tunaticer
10-11-2013, 03:22 PM
I would rather see the whole Hayes inlet system reopened than Woody Point. There is ample close to shore reefs available for a 12' tinny that is not in a green zone at redcliffe.
Hayes Inlet was never an overfished area, I suggest it should be a commercial free zone and let the recs go back into there. Recs will not be damaging any of the eco-system with thier light harvest in that creek. The mangrove forest zones will be of no interest to any of the boaties or commercial sector either. It has habitiat protection anyhow being a mangrove forest.

Shawn 66
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Must be too hard a question since none of the Einsteins here have answered. Oh well, i like to be a helpfull fellow sometimes, so here's the answer, and question 2:

(a) because in politics you never give an opponent a result they can claim for their own; or
(b) because you dont want to give an opponent, who you dont like since he's done some very dodgy things and damaged your brand, the opportunity to get good publicity for themselves; or
(c) because no other adjacent bayside local MLA's on the Government team have had any significant number of their local constituents contacting them to ask when they are going to do the review of green zones in the Bay that was promised, in one way or another, prior to and/or during the election campaign; or

This is an easy one. Surely one of you rocket scientists can guess the right answer?
Love the attitude .
Shawn

Mike Delisser
10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
I would rather see the whole Hayes inlet system reopened than Woody Point. There is ample close to shore reefs available for a 12' tinny that is not in a green zone at redcliffe.
Hayes Inlet was never an overfished area, I suggest it should be a commercial free zone and let the recs go back into there. Recs will not be damaging any of the eco-system with thier light harvest in that creek. The mangrove forest zones will be of no interest to any of the boaties or commercial sector either. It has habitiat protection anyhow being a mangrove forest.

The more Green Zones opened up (like we were lead to believe) the better as far as I'm concerned Tuna. Of the 2 you mentioned, personally I see more public and especially family value in gaining rec access to the Woody Pt zone, particularly as over 80% of rec angling in Qld is done from the shore. That's almost impossable at the Hayes Green Zone unless you want to drag the kids on a mozzy infested mud hike. We still fish Hayes quite a bit in the boat and do very well without going up as far as the old pipeline and green zone. We also do well from the shore out from the old boat hire and of course The Wells, in the inlet but nowhere near the green zone. But like I said I recon the less green zones the better, I'd vote to open them both up to rec anglers.

Anyway the answer from the Government Minister is due this week so we should see if the Newmann LNP State Gov is as rec-fisherman friendly as Mark told us they were before the election.
Cheers

manta man
10-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh Moonlighter i have multiple choice just for you buddy

A. Are you employed as a right hand man for MP Mark.
B. What sought of connections do you have with LNP.
C. Are you a relative of MP Mark.
D. Or are you a Sibling of Mark MP.

It"s Ok just take your time.

Moonlighter
11-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Oh Moonlighter i have multiple choice just for you buddy

A. Are you employed as a right hand man for MP Mark.
B. What sought of connections do you have with LNP.
C. Are you a relative of MP Mark.
D. Or are you a Sibling of Mark MP.

It"s Ok just take your time.

I see you are still struggling Mike with the answer to Q2. Clear because now you want to play the man, not the ball. Yawn.

I will give you a hint to make it easier. The answer is not a or b. Now, you've got a 50/50 chance!

Does that help?

Steeler
11-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Must be too hard a question . Oh well, i like to be a helpfull fellow sometimes, so here's the answer, and question 2:

This is an easy one.

I respect your right to make your own summation but seriously i reckon you are just trying to wind people up. No one could actually be silly enough to believe that.

I have gone from thinking you were serious on this thread topic to now just taking the p^&s.

Love your work, kinda like a right wing Gazza but without the techni colour.

Keep it up as it is as funny as hell.

I look forward too many more humerous posts.

Gazza
11-11-2013, 11:02 AM
yes Sman ::) , probably heaps of people been BEGGING their local MLA's for the SUPERTRAWLER to mine Woody point...... :2vrolijk_08:

the funny part......>:(
is it seems Scott Driscoll is trying 2 do more 2 be RECFISHO-FRIENDLY in his electorate, than the whole of the QLD-LNP

Moonlighter
11-11-2013, 12:40 PM
All right, one last, final attempt. It is a touch subtle so I am not at all confident you guys will get it, but here goes.

Watch it all the way thru and see if you get the message. Good luck, over and out.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=91YxXk3fmw8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D91YxXk3fmw8

Steeler
11-11-2013, 12:50 PM
The book is just as bad.

Bad humour this time.

Mike Delisser
11-11-2013, 03:16 PM
I see you are still struggling Mike with the answer to Q2.

If I'm the Mike you're referring to I'll need more info as I haven't got a clue what you're on about Moonlighter, cause you've quoted Manta Man.

Lovey80
11-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Edit - Just in case you didn't believe me. And seriously Lovely80, have you ever backed a winner?

I'm not sure why I am even responding to you considering you maintain the inability to show me enough respect to stop intentionally misspelling my name because you think it's funny or something but

WTF are you talking about?

Mike Delisser
11-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure why I am even responding to you considering you maintain the inability to show me enough respect to stop intentionally misspelling my name because you think it's funny or something but

Sorry Lovey80, I never noticed, I always thought it was Lovely80. I just went back and edited it for you anyway.
Seems you're wrong yet again, shouldn't jump to conclusions Lovey80. Seriously, wasn't intentional at all.

Lovey80
11-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Mike I've pointed it out to you in the past. Ah well carry on like you always do with that condescending petty nature of your posts like you always do without answering my question.

Gazza
13-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Lovey-Dovey.... :-* .... don't be precious ::)

Follow the topic , me Blokey-Wokey M8 ...... :P

GUTLESS... Qld Government WON'T lift Green Zones at Woody Point

pretty-witty....HEY!! ;)
gazza-wazza ;D;D

Gazza
13-11-2013, 09:20 AM
All right, one last, final attempt. It is a touch subtle so I am not at all confident you guys will get it, but here goes.

Watch it all the way thru and see if you get the message. Good luck, over and out.

Good vid m8 :thumbsup: ...I've learnt heaps , thanks heaps for your input......my "mindset" is NOW in-the-ZONE :thumbsup:
(a) Green Zones = take "the cheese" away
(b) RecFishos believed the ALP Guv't STOLE "the cheese" and then voted (c)
(c) the New(man) Guv't WON'T return "the CHEESE" :gossip:

Steeler
13-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Perhaps a copy of the book should be distributed to all LNP MP's ML ?

They are the ones who need the motivating to get on with it.

PeterKroll
13-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I guess that makes me Petey-meaty Krolly-Wally. Not the first time I've been called that, incidentally.

PeterKroll
13-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Actually, Clive Palmer has all the cheese.

Gazza
13-11-2013, 10:16 AM
maybe Clive "puppy" Palmer ;D
could buy the GREEN ZONES & donate them to the public , for ACCESS by the public??
an ex-lnp supporter .... "philanthropist of the 21st. Century" :beer:

:laola::laola::laola:

Mike Delisser
19-11-2013, 04:30 AM
Well today should be the day we see how fisherman-friendly this LNP Gov really is and if they were just p##sing in our pockets at the Tinny n Tackle Show just prior to the last election. Fingers crossed but the Minister responsible has recently said that the Moreton Bay green zones were selected with science, and only after consultation with anglers to avoid popular fishing spots.

Mike Delisser
19-11-2013, 06:32 PM
And the answer to will Campbell "BCF kinda bloke" Newman and the fisherman friendly LNP move to revoke the Bligh Labor green zone out from the beach between Scott's and Woody Point is..............

NO

Driscoll's question to the Minister was
Will the Minister move quickly to revoke the Labor Government imposed fishing green zone which exists along the actual foreshore between Woody Point and Scott’s Point, thus presenting a ban on family fishing from the beach, which sits along the edge of a wonderful parkland and BBQ area local Redcliffe people embrace?

And the Minister's answer
The Moreton Bay Marine Park is a multiple-use marine protected area which protects, via zoning and other management arrangements, outstanding marine environments and fish habitats while allowing for a range of commercial, recreational and tourism pursuits.
The Scott’s Point Marine National Park (green) Zone was implemented in March 2009 following the review of the Moreton Bay Marine Park zoning plan by the former Government.
Currently, 84 per cent of the marine park is open for recreational fishing. This area includes a wide range of fish habitats such as mangrove lined estuaries, seagrass meadows, rocky shores and reefs, deep ocean and surf beaches.
Six artificial reefs were constructed or enhanced at a cost of $2 million to provide new opportunities for recreational fishing, further adding to the range of key fishing locations in the marine park. Due to the popularity and success of these reefs a further $2 million has been allocated to the construction of artificial reefs in Moreton Bay and Great Sandy Marine Parks.

Moonlighter
19-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Newsflash

Redcliffe MLA Scott Driscoll resigns from Parliament. Just prior to being kicked out.

Steeler
19-11-2013, 09:48 PM
So once the dust settles on Driscoll the green zones should be lifted seeing he will not be around to take any of the kudos.

Have i understood that right or still have no idea how it works

Moonlighter
20-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Have to wait and see, wont we.

Made that phone call/email to your local MLA yet?

Never know, a little friendly nudge might help kick things along. The more of us that do it, the more likely the result, reading between the lines in the Ministers response.

Steeler
20-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Wouldn't think a nudge would be required after all the rhetoric leading up to the last state election eh ?.

Moonlighter
20-11-2013, 08:27 AM
No, you wouldn't.

See, i just agreed with you!

Now, you have a try.

A little nudge for your local MLA certainly wouldn't hurt, would it?

manta man
20-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Well goodbye Mr Driscoll....oh and geez if you"d seen him on the News last night. One would be thinking where"s the money going down too Morgan"s Buffet every night. Now with another expensive By-Election looming, and already suggestions of pressuring MP's about lifting Green Zones is'nt their more important things we could think of ? We still have 84% where we can drop a line. Oh and just for the record they Green Zoned one of my all time.. best and favoured Beach Fishing Locations in S/E Queensland... yeh was"nt happy at first but hey i moved on, so why can"t others do the same. Oh and don't come back and tell me they lied, because they only tell you what you want to hear anyway.

Camhawk88
20-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Actually, Clive Palmer has all the cheese.

Wrong- Clive ATE all the cheese.

Moonlighter
20-11-2013, 03:42 PM
This today on Nugget's site:

http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=20739.msg149446;topicseen#new

"Door still slightly ajar for access to Moreton Bay Marine Parks
In a letter from the Office of the Premier dated 05 NOV 2013
The Government is investigating options to further enhance access opportunities within the marine park. Consideration is being given to the interests of recreational fishers and also the results of the ongoing research and monitoring program to inform these decisions.
Why then are these closures still in place without the research?
To make a change, flick your local MP an email and voice your opinion.

Mike Delisser
20-11-2013, 10:20 PM
The thing that erks me about politics is that if Campbell only held a 1 seat majority, every LNP member would be going as hard as they could to defend Driscoll. Just as federal Labor did for Craig Thompson last year, and just as the Coalition Gov is doing for Geoff Shaw right now in Victoria.

Lovey80
20-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Good thing enough people saw the light at the last election and gave Labor the boot in big numbers. That muppet needs to be gone.

Mike Delisser
20-11-2013, 10:45 PM
This today on Nugget's site:

http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=20739.msg149446;topicseen#new

"Door still slightly ajar for access to Moreton Bay Marine Parks
In a letter from the Office of the Premier dated 05 NOV 2013
The Government is investigating options to further enhance access opportunities within the marine park. Consideration is being given to the interests of recreational fishers and also the results of the ongoing research and monitoring program to inform these decisions.
Why then are these closures still in place without the research?
To make a change, flick your local MP an email and voice your opinion.

That's one of the problems right there Moonlighter, the Gov is considering doing what the said they would be doing if elected. I don't remember MP Mark using the word "consider" when talking about fishing issues before the election.

Any copies or links to this letter this letter or is more bait for gullible rec-anglers.

Moonlighter
21-11-2013, 06:48 AM
I think it simply comes down to the changed dynamics internally within the LNP post election. Thats my summation, anyway.

The LNP went into the election with a far smaller group of MLA's than they had afterwards, and the ones in the Parliament afterwards include quite a number of small L liberals from inner city seats that have at least some greenish tinge about them. They just dont "get" what we fishers are on about, they think that we should be happy with what weve got because to some extent at least, they have swallowed the green spin about the green zones, like so many people who dont actually understand this stuff in the community also have done.

We have all experienced it at some time- you have a group of people who together agree on a particular position, then you double the size of that group with new players and the whole dynamic changes. The new group then has to work out their own take on things, their own priorities and so on.

It leaves people like Mark with a tough job to do because they believe in a particular position, but now they have got quite a few new faces to convince, and at the same time he is not a minister so hes got to work cooperatively with the new power players.

Look, you are correct that it was a position that us fishermen will argue forever and a day that the LNP took to the last election so it should be a no-brainer and SHOULDN'T need any further discussion. But when you add the change in numbers and views that I mentioned earlier, it is obvious that it is now not that simple, unfortunately. Should be, but isn't.

One thing i do know is that we can either sit back and throw rocks at the LNP and people like Mark because of that, or we can try to do something constructive to push them in the right direction. I also know that if you abuse them, threaten them and do other things that make them look like idiots or liars, then they are hardly likely to want to help you out, are they?

Thats why i think that we need to start a considered, polite campaign where we get as many people as possible to contact their local LNP member and say something to the effect of:

"Look, we know you took a policy to the election where you promised to review the restrictions on fishing in the moreton Bay marine Park to improve access for recreational fishers. We have been waiting patiently, but we are now at a point where we expect to see some clear action to review those restrictions ASAP, as has been done in other states.

"We know the psuedo science used to justify the lock-out of rec fishers was dodgy and missed key steps including a risk assessment of the impact of rec fishing in those green zones. The time for thinking about it is past, the time for action is now.. Please discuss this with the fisheries and National parks ministers and let them know we are expecting immediate action to implement the policy you took to the election and that we voted for."

It is at least worth a try.

So i ask everyone reading this thread, phone or call your local LNP member and say something to them along the lines of the suggestion above. Or, copy and paste it into an email and send it off to them ASAP and ask them to get back to you without delay with their answer. I think there is a fair chance that if enough of us do this, it might just tip things in our favour.

Grant

Gazza
21-11-2013, 07:53 AM
ML...any Guv't that wins "power" from opposition ,
gains extra MP's to enact their "in opposition" policies/statements
Didn't you know that ???

p.s. your new angle on "why things don't get-done" , is cute.

rayken1938
21-11-2013, 08:04 AM
"that make them look like idiots or liars"
They either the above or not it is their own actions that gives that impression and if no one tells them so they will never change. There has been sufficient time for them to get their act together and stop patting themselves on the back.
What is the use of emailing your minister when you cannot get a response.
Cheers
Ray

Homer_Jay
21-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Seems like BCF Newman has sorted out the protection zones/deals with the Irwin's for the top end.
Maybe now that's out the way he will get around to winding back the green zones as promised before the election.

OR is BCF Newman and his party starting to show their real COLOURS

Mike Delisser
21-11-2013, 09:42 PM
If only Driscoll had just photographed his "willy" and sent the pic to some one he was having an extramarital affair with......he'd still be a State Member of Parliament and still a member of the LNP

Gazza
26-11-2013, 12:22 PM
a vote for LNP-Redcliffe , is now a pathetic vote for....

GREEN Zones , staying GREEN ZONES :thumbsdown:

Lovey80
26-11-2013, 02:02 PM
If only Driscoll had just photographed his "willy" and sent the pic to some one he was having an extramarital affair with......he'd still be a State Member of Parliament and still a member of the LNP

I didn't think any of the above was against the law? Purely a personal matter.

split-shot
27-11-2013, 08:38 AM
May be they could create an artificial reef just outside the green zone with all th BS generated by the government.

Mike Delisser
27-11-2013, 03:02 PM

I didn't think any of the above was against the law? Purely a personal matter.

Yes Lovey, that was my point.....disgustingly sleazy but not against the law, therefore if Driscoll had just done what Peter Dowling MP did...........he'd still be a State Member of Parliament and still welcome in the LNP. :):)

Lovey80
27-11-2013, 03:36 PM
And so he bloody should be regardless of his party affiliations! If he'd been ejected from parliament over a completely private matter he would of had a lay down mazaire legal case.

I don't give two cents for what a Polly gets up to in his or her bedroom, it's none of mine or anyone else's business. He does his job he was elected to do then he shouldn't have a problem.

It's a pitty that the Australian media has gone so far down the tabloid route that they even published it.

Homer_Jay
28-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Own bedroom.....?

Wasn't he knocking her off on the tax payer funded parliamentary desk?? :-*

:o

Gazza
28-11-2013, 02:45 PM
a vote for LNP-Redcliffe , is now a pathetic vote for....

GREEN Zones , staying GREEN ZONES :thumbsdown:
Lovey :-* , please stay on topic m8....
p.s. Lib-Ferals .......... keep firing blanks in the politics forum :)

Steeler
28-11-2013, 04:37 PM
I can't wait til the next QLD state election. Can Do will be labelled a Stihl or Husky kinda guy, very anti green. The BCF one surely could not be trotted out again.

Homer_Jay
28-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I would say he is a chameleon sort of guy!

Although, maybe we just didn't pick up on the BCF thing....... Blokes who Can't Fish!

Lovey80
28-11-2013, 09:24 PM
The LNP went into the election with a far smaller group of MLA's than they had afterwards, and the ones in the Parliament afterwards include quite a number of small L liberals from inner city seats that have at least some greenish tinge about them. They just dont "get" what we fishers are on about, they think that we should be happy with what weve got because to some extent at least, they have swallowed the green spin about the green zones, like so many people who dont actually understand this stuff in the community also have done.

I think you need to revise your understanding of what a small L liberal is. I consider myself one and as far as I know there is only one small L liberal party in Australia. The LDP. Check out their fishing policies, they are the most fishing friendly part in Aus (that has more than two policies).

Gazza
08-12-2013, 12:45 PM
well ,with the feds-in-bed with the green-slime..... scratch Woody off the agenda.... :angryfire:
SHAMBLES-campbell , MP-Mark , take a hike :dankk2: