PDA

View Full Version : Ideas anyone?

lbger
08-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Pretty simple one, i get home today and the bloody dog has jumped up on the bench and got the keys to my boat.. Chewed everything but the kill switch key and ate the boat key!! I live on the goldy (benowa) anyone had to get a replacement before and has a recomendation?
Cheers.
Nathan.

Shark Poker
08-09-2013, 02:41 PM
anyone had to get a replacement before and has a recomendation?.
The dog may well survive this and may not need replacement at all.
You, Sir, are going to be studying 'barkers eggs' for some time to come hoping to find a key inside one of them, so I suggest that you purchase a metal detector.
If it helps, I read here on Ausfish that there are many places on the gold coast for land based fishing.
All the best,
Pauly

Chimo
08-09-2013, 02:49 PM
Nathan

Hope the stuff the dog ate goes thru it OK. We are babysitting the daughters dog at present after we picked it up from the Vets after it swollowed a plastic plug that bunged it up completely.

$2200 later and the dog looks like recovering.

My marine tech has a complete set of keys guess it depends what breed of motor you have?

Cheers
Chimo

Mrs Ronnie H
08-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi
I would be concerned about the dog at this stage. It could end up with an obstructed bowel which would not be a pleasant thing for your doggie to go through. You could try a good dose of castor oil but really i would suggest a trip to the vet.
As for your boat keys I am sure you could get a replacement easier than a replacement doggie friend.

Mrs h

wave dancer
08-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Couldn't agree more Mrs Ronnie H. Not sure if you have seen the thread on dogs in back of 4x4s. Check it out. It's easy enough to replace a set of keys but when it comes to the family pet, its a whole new ball game.

Cheers Mick

burleygu
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Is it a new or old motor? New motors with the user manual state which keey number it uses and another can be sourced from the manufacturer

solemandownunder
08-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Nathan, PM us m8 if you need any advice.....we are locksmiths here is Brissy. Mite be able to help, either personally or with recommendations down your way.

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

oldie
08-09-2013, 06:57 PM
yeah mate what make and model HP is the motor this will help with the advice

Shark Poker
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM
It is a Woof Woof Gulp 2.5" in bronze bass?

lbger
08-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, i rang my mate to tell him what happened because i was freaking out about the dog getting crook. He chews tennis balls and then goes and hides them in a part of the garden.. Yep you guessed it.. There it was! Im guess'n it was lucky it had a chunky rubber cover over the key..

solemandownunder
09-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, i rang my mate to tell him what happened because i was freaking out about the dog getting crook. He chews tennis balls and then goes and hides them in a part of the garden.. Yep you guessed it.. There it was! Im guess'n it was lucky it had a chunky rubber cover over the key..

Good result BUT a Word to the wise....NOW is the time to get more spare keys cut ;)

We carry most marine blank keys in stock if needed.

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Jakers 69
09-09-2013, 06:20 AM
My dog ate 5 packets of gulp plastics , was not pleasant to see the end result.

Chimo
09-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Is that why the dog seemed to have slowed down / aged a lot last time I saw it?

deckie
09-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I dont have a dog.
I have had a dog before.
But i dont have dog anymore.
I dont have a cat either.
Thanx

Sheik
10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
being a vet i've seen lots of dogs come in withobstructions.almost impossible to stop them doing it. labradors are especially prone so if you own one and it strts to drool and vomit, and appers to have a bellyache, then it may well have eaten something. treatment depends on theobstruction and where it is. Keys, for example, would be great to see on xray. othertimes you have to make a bit of a guess as you don't see the object on xray (string etc) but the gut looks likeit might be obstructed. Sometimes ned to give series of xays to see if things are changing. It's often a tough diagnosis. I'e cut out stones, golfballs, tampons, string, bones but inabout half or more of cases you may do surgery and find nothing. It will still cost you $1500 or more. One of the strangest ones I did was to go in and try to find what we thoguht might have been an obsruction-we open it up and can find nothing anywhere, spent fifteen minutes checking gut, small int, large int etc etc and couldnt find anything. Sewed up shaking my head thinking "that was weird, was sure there was something there" and turn of anaesthetic. dog began to wake up and moved it to its cage. lying on surgery table was lump of bone that it had passed out its back end! must have squeezed the gut enough trying to find obstruction that I milked it out.
hope that helps. you were very lucky he didnt swallow them. But i suppose if he had, a little bit of choke in the morning, press the ptimer bulb a couple of times and he would have been purring steadily. Although I forgot to ask if he's two stroke or four stroke?

Apollo
10-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Probably etec keys, hence him not wanting to eat them!!!!!