PDA

View Full Version : Coochie Snaps

solemandownunder
08-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Gunna be on north side of Coochie in about an hour...see if I can scare up some Snaps ;D

TimBOO
08-09-2013, 04:22 PM
How did it go mate? Thinking of heading out there tomorrow morning...

solemandownunder
08-09-2013, 05:29 PM
TimBOO....picked up one little 36.5cm Squire at the red buoy SouthEast point of Coochie near the rocks. About 300 metres west of the red buoy.

Tried the North side, but 2 choppy and even my sand anchor would not hold.....just kept dragging me South East...not ONE bite.....so picked up me toys and headed for the above spot.

Not great bites...2 in total....used Mullet Fillet with a 1/2 oz jig head would you believe....BUT, did the job.

The other bite was a rather small butter bream on a paternoster rig from the sandhills yesterday, rigged for whiting with squid strips.

Was also using another rod with size10 Octopus Circle hook, with thawed cuttlefish...no go.

HOWEVER with 2morrows promise of better weather early, I would NOT discount drifting between the Yellow channel marker and the red marker (or vise versa) over the north side of Coochie...just be prepared for snags on the drift.....I saw some VERY promising ground on the sounder.

As an aside...met up with PeterKroll & his lovely lady, in his Stacer tinny...had a yak...confirmed that the bung I had was not the one he needed, then he went on his merry way....good to meet U Pete. :)

Cheers, Ray.

TimBOO
08-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Yeah I find the north side hit and miss alot of the time. I usually try over at macleay most times... You talking the yellow on the nw side? Ive also found nice ground west of that red beacon on the ne side... At least ya had a go mate....

solemandownunder
08-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Yep...the yellow on the nw side.....and u mention west of the red beacon....I see some good ground in there....tween the 2. 8-)

As to had a go, yep u are rite M8....and Kerri gets the whole fish to herself fer dinner 2nite, baked whole ;D

I jus loves catchin' em for her.....as for meself I am a glutton fer the tings :D

Cheers, Ray.

MrNanks
08-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah I find the north side hit and miss alot of the time. I usually try over at macleay most times... You talking the yellow on the nw side? Ive also found nice ground west of that red beacon on the ne side... At least ya had a go mate....Hey TimBoo,
If you are on Facebook go to the Victoria Point Bait and Tackle page and see the 73 cm Snap caught at Potts Point on the weekend. The guys at the shop are really helpful too. Good luck

Tangles
08-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Soleman,
try fishing really light in the shallows NE of Coochie reefs, ie 1-2 metres, where your fishing you will get what you've got, that red bouy gets hammered and only fishes well on the right tides..if Potts Point again really shallow at night, no light and creep up on the tides

there is a hole nearby, find it and you will be surprised what you will pull in.