PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island- Dream Trip

therapy
01-09-2013, 08:51 PM
G'day fellow Ausfishers. Sometimes you wonder about the vagaries of life, it's ups and downs, the good and the bad. Over the last 6 months I have watched my old neighbor and mate of 40 odd years stricken and eventually taken by the curse of bowel cancer at the age of 44. I lost contact with him for 20 of those years due to both working away and moving in different circles but had re-connected over the last 3 years. He was a great bloke and is sadly missed. If you can draw a positive out of a tragedy then the upside to his passing was a further re-connection with a group of old school mates that I hadn't seen allot of in the intervening years.
We were great mates at school and after for a time but then life gets in the way and you get busy. You lose perspective of what should be important and that is friends and maintaining relationships with people that had a profound impact on your past which in turn has a large impact on your future. We are after all a product of our environment and a large part of you environment is your mates and shared experiences.
Anyway, the upside to this renewed vow to stay in touch with old mates has resulted in me being asked to go to Fraser for a week from the 13th of September till the 20th, staying in a house (don't know where yet) and fishing from another blokes 6.5 mtr Barcrusher, something I have always dreamed of doing but until now haven't had the opportunity or means to do. Beach launching, fishing the near reefs off Fraser, bar-b-q's on the front deck of an arvo!!! That is what heaven will be like I reckon. 5-10 every day would be nice as well!! lol...
I have travelled the length of the back of Fraser in my boat but have never set foot on the front of the island so to say I am excited would be a massive understatement!! Slightly pointless post I suppose but just wanted to share my excitement and put a thought in peoples minds that if you have the means to contact an old friend but haven't done so then make the call. Old friends are gold friends and as you get on in life you can't have too many mates.
I hope to be posting a great report after the 20th so until then...

Cheers....Terry......

Oceanranger24
01-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Too true and well said Terry
Phil

murf
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
mate you will have a ball up there, the fishing is great and the times with mates priceless

cheers Murf

rtp1984
02-09-2013, 07:11 AM
I will be up there the same week Terry, so I hope the 5 to 10 are the go.

Thanks
Rob

JEWIENEWIE
02-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Staying at Double Island Point lighthouse houses with an Old School Friend that same weekend...........
JN

therapy
06-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Got some more info now. We are staying at a place called the beach house, one of the more basic houses on Fraser but still more comfortable than camping and I would sleep wrapped up in a sheet on the beach if I had too!! ( Been done before) This time next week I will be drinking a cold beer on the island!! Good luck to you Rob and JN. I hope the weather gods play the game and we get some nice glassy days to get out and slay some red fish! Now I going back down stairs to sort some tackle, tie some rigs, write a shopping list for tomorrow, watch the Bunnies and Roosters bash the snot out of each other...and have a cold beer.....

Cheers...Terry....

YOOT
06-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm heading up Wed 11th, 6am barge, Patrol packed to the gunnels. Looks to be great weather, might pass by you and never know it, enjoy your stay, I am in the last stages of planning now :) Can't wait.

therapy
08-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Yoot,
I will be the guy around 6 foot 3", 100kg's, short full beard, shaved head (no.2), nursing a carlton mid and a grin like Miranda Kerr's bikini line man. If you see someone fitting that description say g'day.......

Cheers....Terry.....

YOOT
09-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Yoot,
I will be the guy around 6 foot 3", 100kg's, short full beard, shaved head (no.2), nursing a carlton mid and a grin like Miranda Kerr's bikini line man. If you see someone fitting that description say g'day.......

Cheers....Terry.....

LOL - Looks like I'll be saying hello to a lot of people then!! ;D