PDA

View Full Version : Bait Boards

mattooty
31-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Lookiong at getting a bait board for the boat once I sort out getting a new trailer under it.
I know what I'd like, however my budget will be dictating that I'll probably be only spending around the $150 mark at most.
I just want something that has the bait board (obviously) and hopefully the drawer underneath for storage of knives and essentials. Rod holders would go alright but not essential.
What is out and about? I haven't had a good research yet but will be googling the cr@p out of them this arvo.
I'm always partial to a second hand bargain but haven't found to much around the traps other than the little rail mount cheapies.
Let me know
Thanks.

mutineer
31-08-2013, 12:55 PM
This won't help , but I had same issue all the bait boards for sale are crap , so yesterday I made my own ...cool hey ..oh and cost was $60 for arc alloy rods , and I bought the full sheet and pipe lengths so 300 for that but could make several more out of it , so I guess I used tops fifty bucks ,so if your handy in the shed about 110 all up and if you don't have a welder , a tig won't cost you more than 50-100 for day hire with gas , so forget rods and you will still get out under 150 ..... You pay that for a crap plastic thing

Shark Poker
31-08-2013, 01:01 PM
And what are you using to prevent rattling?
Pauly

mutineer
31-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Sticky rubber from Clark rubbercomes in many widths..cheap cheap

Knotpretty
31-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Mate Baitmate make the best work stations on the market. You may need a little more coin but Rod's boards are bloody great. KP