PDA

View Full Version : Haines 2250L any good??

JB sniper
28-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Hey lads, my mate is lookin at a Haines signature 2250L 1989 model with a 200 Suzuki 2012 model. He wants 43k for it but looks like it might have some stringer rot. Just wonder what these hulls were like.? I had a fair bit to do with HH v series but not the signatures. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Cheers jb

burleygu
28-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I have had no experience with thee 2250L, However I bought a 1990 1850L Which is the same boat just the smaller model. I had to completely rebuild the whole boat due to timber rot which started from design flaws in the boat. Full rebuild on here look at pages 3 and 4 in regards to design flaws.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?191526-Haines-Signature-1850L-Rebuild-and-Refurbishment-on-going-project.

Since finishing it I have put around 30 hours on it. Rides Amazing!!! sits very stable rides level without trim tabs planes super easy. Cops abit of water over the windscreen in rough weather but that's to be expected. If he was serious Id go through the whole boat tapping with a rubber mallet especially if hes asking that money. Would want to be perfect for those $$$

no chicken tonight
28-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I bought one years ago with a soft bit in the deck. Once the soft bit was cut out, all stringers and the rest of the deck checked out perfect.
Loved the boat. Would buy one again, but i think as was said above, would wanna be a perfect boat in every way for that money.

Pazz01
29-08-2013, 07:33 AM
I think it would be a tad underdone with a 200 on it. They are a 7metre plus boat. I'd think it should have at least a 225 or a 250 on it.

As the above had said, if the floor transom etc haven't been restored there is no doubt it will probably need it. Once a little bit of rot is there, I'm sure there will be a lot more when you actually got and open it up.

Pazz