PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky new trailer

scoota
27-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I have a newish Sportsman Redco single axle braked trailer now 9 months old with a Seafarer V-Sea on it and have done absolutely nothing but washed it using saltaway since new. It is really squeaky and sounds like the suspension need lubricating.
Will be going to Townsville from Bribie Island in a month and would like any advice on preparation for the trip up and back and how to silence that annoying squeak.

Thanks

Scoota...

upstart
27-08-2013, 09:28 PM
What are the plans when you get to Townsville?

scoota
27-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Magnetic Island for two weeks on, in and under the water...

Darren Mc
27-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I drown my trailer suspension and brakes in inox regularly and that seems to stop any squeaking.

Out-Station
27-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Scoota, if you have the time, energy and resolve pull your spring packs apart, pack them with lanotec and re assemble. Otherwise jack your trailer up on the chassis (on side at a time) so the springs are bearing no weight and hence you will be able to squirt a heap of lanox in between the leaves. I do the latter when doing my wheel bearings.

Scott

Greg P
27-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Not sure of your spring hanger set up but possibly the through bolt can be loosened a little if fitted with nylock nuts. That was the recommendation from manufacture on my trailer (Special) for the noise it made going over drive way. Not nice for the neighbours @ 3am. Other thing to look at is what type of bush there is in the spring eye for the through bolt. I changed my springs earlier this year and they had changed from a metal bush to a neoprene version and the trailer is really quiet now.

Schulzy
28-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Scoota, if you have the time, energy and resolve pull your spring packs apart, pack them with lanotec and re assemble. Otherwise jack your trailer up on the chassis (on side at a time) so the springs are bearing no weight and hence you will be able to squirt a heap of lanox in between the leaves. I do the latter when doing my wheel bearings.

Scott

Just adding to that replace and grease your bushes and put an extra nut under ya new niloc nut never re use your niloc a!