PDA

View Full Version : Funny Fishing comment.

GCfisherman
20-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Please read this funny fishing comment, all my fellow fishermen, the small paragraph at the bottom of this post was sent to me by a crazy man in America, where else?, who took exception to my article explaining why I consider fishing to be a sport, his response is vitriolic and to me quite amazing.
His attitude and opinion towards all fishermen and women is both startling and actually very funny, well at least I had a good laugh about it every time I thought about it for weeks after. I hope you can see the funny side of it too, either way I would really love to hear your thoughts and responses to it. Please feel free to leave your comment, your opinion will be much appreciated.

READ IT HERE (http://www.yourfishingbuddy.net/Funny-fishing.html)!:o

tunaticer
20-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I don't see it as a sport ever either, a competition sometimes, a past time all of the time and an addiction that is never curable.
There is no way i could ever relate a fisherman to being an athlete. Skilled artisans yes, but athletes no.

cobiaman
20-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Does anyone consider darts as a sport? Drinking beer seems to be a pre requisite....

lucee81
20-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Does anyone consider darts as a sport? Drinking beer seems to be a pre requisite....

do you even know what a sport is? physical activity?

Lucky_Phill
20-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Sport is all forms of usually competitive physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants, and in some cases, spectators.

Given that defination, maybe Fishing could be a Sport, but could Recreational Fishing be a Sport and more importantly, Fishing and Angling are 2 very different animals.

Fishing pertains to a profession. " Professional Fisherman "

Angling is the recreational artform. " Recreational Angler "

The ABT Tour could very well be considered Sport ? The professional context is there, skill and improving on said skill is there and the Spectator value is accomodated.

Food for Thought.

LP

cuzzamundi
20-08-2013, 10:40 PM
ESPN recently did an analysis of all sports, ranking them from toughest to easiest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

Boxing was toughest, and fishing easiest. I found this funny, seeing as they're two of my main passions, and I couldn't give a rip about nearly all the other sports in between!

Cuzza

wayno60
21-08-2013, 12:20 AM
blar blar blar, all I know is that I would rather be out on the water fishing, anywhere, than sitting in front of a puter all day knocking other peoples activities...

Muddy Toes
21-08-2013, 12:37 AM
They never cease to amaze me. Yanks.....bloody moronic, self righteous, pompous loud mouths that have an obvious passive aggressive attitude towards anything that remotely reflects anything to do with opening their minds to see there is more to the world than watching Oprah and eating pretzels. What's wrong with these primitive people that they think they can just stereotype us Aussies?
I hate it when loud mouth yanks stereotype people....
It's just not right and I actually find it quite condescending (that means when you talk down to people to assume intellectual superiority).....bloody yanks, they're so fat.

lucee81
21-08-2013, 05:19 AM
They never cease to amaze me. Yanks.....bloody moronic, self righteous, pompous loud mouths that have an obvious passive aggressive attitude towards anything that remotely reflects anything to do with opening their minds to see there is more to the world than watching Oprah and eating pretzels. What's wrong with these primitive people that they think they can just stereotype us Aussies?
It's just not right and I actually find it quite condescending (that means when you talk down to people to assume intellectual superiority).....bloody yanks, they're so fat.

I take offence to that I have an American wife.

stevemid
21-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I take offence to that I have an American wife.

I think Muddy was satirizing; stereotyping to make a point about generalizing in general--if you know what I mean. Most Americans are like most Australians: hard working, family oriented people who don't make it on to TV. I actually feel sorry for Americans, their whole great middle class has been hollowed out by the move of manufacturing off shore. These are the people whose goal in life-- like many Aussies, was only to have a good job.

I think sport is a competition involving physical exertion, between individuals or teams. Therefore darts would just make it in, but recreational fishing, mountain climbing and jogging would not as they don't involve both components. Fishing tournaments.....borderline, but could be called a sporting event as it does involve both components.

lucee81
21-08-2013, 07:32 AM
I have to disagree Stevemid. I believe by reading Muddy's posts that he is in fact a naughty boy and his mother should have put him over her knee a bit more.

aussiebasser
21-08-2013, 07:55 AM
If fishing is a sport, I'm an athlete. OK, DO I LOOK LIKE AN ATHLETE?

thelump
21-08-2013, 08:12 AM

So our beloved Team Sumo can now be called Team America F#$@ YEAH!

no chicken tonight
21-08-2013, 10:32 AM
so then fishing is not a sport, but a grown man shaving his legs and wearing skin tight licra shorts and riding a bicycle pre dawn to no where in particular on a sunday is? Maybe I just dont get it!

sharkymark2
21-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Of course it is a competitive sport. If I am out there fishing by myself the only competition I have is ( myself ). Dont you always curse the one that got way or curse yourself for doing something stupid to lose a good fish? As a fisherman I am always looking at ways to improve myself. Now with smart phones you can send a quick snap to mates who are sitting in front of the TV. How cruel is that :). Serve themselves right for not being out training like you are ;).

nathank
21-08-2013, 12:03 PM

Just gold mate..

Jarrah Jack
21-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Who cares !

Justin Rossiter
21-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Obviously never had to reel in a 110kg SBT that was being mauled by seals after fighting it for 90min and your arms and legs feel like jelly and you don't think you could turn the handle one time. You then have a coffee and do it all again......

stevemid
21-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Cyclists shave their freaking legs????To get into those Lycra suits? Does Tony Abbott do that?