PDA

View Full Version : 1770/ pancake creek

rtp1984
15-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Hey all

Just thinking about a trip up this way.

I need to take the family, so need to get there by road.
And I want to catch Spanish macks out of our smallish boats.

Where do you think is best? What time of year.

Sorry about a really open ended post. Just never been up this way.

Thanks
Rob

ozynorts
15-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Two options I think mate. You Drive to 1770 and set out from there. You can camp on shore in Pancake, just need a permit. You can fish the head lands there for reefies and spaniards. The other option is drive to Turkey Beach and boat in from there via the creek. Never done it but have spoken to guys who have. I would recommend the 1770 option if you are taking the family as there is more for them there.

Mike Delisser
15-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Unless things have changed you can also drive to a high tide launch site in Middle Ck up the back of Pancake Ck. I have some mates who have towed and launched a heavy 4.8mt in there with a Commodore. It was a work Commodore though so it does have amazing off road capabilities ::).

Some info here
http://tackleworldbundy.com.au/fishing-maps/bundaberg/pancake-creek-and-middle-creek

Giffo65
16-08-2013, 03:41 AM
From 1770 it is about 16k to Middle rock off Bustard Head,I fished it in my 4.5m CC and got good Spanish there trolling dead Pike when I lived in Bundy.I also was with a mate who put his 4.8 plate boat in at Middle creek,he dragged it in with a Cruiser though,was rough going from memory,also to get from there to Pancack was a trip through mangrove creeks with many forks in the creek, and I had no idea how to get back,also some rock bars to be aware of that way my mate said as we passed through there.

trymyluck
16-08-2013, 05:12 AM
Middle Ck track was ok but after the floods I would not be so sure but they should have any warnings or closers on the website. Pancake Ck is on list of places to camp.
They used to offer a ferry service from 1770 with the ducks i think for campers but not sure on cost or if its still available.

rtp1984
16-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Thanks alot everyone. Sound like 1770 itself is the go. Gives the girls something to do.

What time of year are the macks in close around there?

thelump
16-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks alot everyone. Sound like 1770 itself is the go. Gives the girls something to do.

What time of year are the macks in close around there?

There were a fair few caught up there at the M&G in September last year!