PDA

View Full Version : First Boat - Need some advice

tak35bne
14-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I am looking to purchase my first boat in the next 3-4 weeks. Since it will be a new hull I was wondering if anyone had advice on the fit out options. Obviously I want a floor etc but I must admit I am at a loss where to consider starting.

Any advice?

Dave

ozynorts
14-08-2013, 07:55 PM
What sort of boat? Size? Intended use?
Heaps of info mate we just need a little more info.

tak35bne
14-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I am considering a 2013 Stacer 420 Proline Angler. I have no interest in fishing outside, I am only interested in lure and fly fishing in the estuaries and maybe dams etc. Most times I will be by myself or a max of 2 anglers.

Gon Fishun
14-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Bungs M8. Always start with the bungs. :P

Still_Dreamin
14-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Side console, electric motor as well as 4 stroke. Live bait/fish keeping tank (to keep fish alive for upgrades) some sort of GPS/sounder probably with structure scan for your intended fishing.

Giffo65
14-08-2013, 10:02 PM
As Still dreaming said,but a tiller steer to maximise the room in a 4.2 m boat.How did you go on Wednesday at Currumbin creek,I fished there in the boat but saw nobody flyfishing.I even asked a bloke flicking plastics near the ramp if his name was Dave.

WalrusLike
14-08-2013, 10:20 PM
..,.,I even asked a bloke flicking plastics near the ramp if his name was Dave.

There's poor bastards all over the place being harassed about 'are you Dave ?' just because they are fishing plastics, got a bit of a belly, and a big grin.

I feel sorry for them when they have to admit they aren't him.

I've asked a couple myself. Should known it wasn't him though because they lacked his fashion sense. :)

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

mylestom
15-08-2013, 05:54 AM
Have a look at the Stacer/Quintrex site for the upmarket model and see how they are fitted out. I have a Quintrex Explorer Trophy and like the setup, but still added some hatches and converted front storage to pumped livewell tank. Transom step, side pockets, rod holders, Elec mount. I am not keen on side console and went for Tiller steer. It is all a matter of choice, this is boat nr 8 and has to fit around what I am capable of doing by myself. Good luck, they are a great hull.

gpz1991
15-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Mate has a 4.2 Tabs Bull Shark, 40 tiller, elec, bait well 787 hummingbird, great unit for what you are talking about, he used it for bay, creeks and dams in and around Darwin and uses it for the bays and rivers now he's back in Melbourne

Rodman
15-08-2013, 10:23 AM
M8
I just bought a stessco SF432 Bass Hunter with a 40 four stroke.
Made them put in a centre consol as a side consol made my boat lean to one side
This model has a live bait tank and a kill tank
I am very pleased with it.

Ken

scuttlebutt
15-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm a fan of always going for the max rated HP. Nothing worse than an underpowered boat.

bluefin59
15-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Have a look at the bluefin range while your at it I've had a great run out of mine and don't look like changing , they come in a heap of configurations and they last the test of time well mine has so far ... Matt

kaspa2009
15-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Have a look at clark boats. I've got a 4.35 kakadu pro with a 60hp 4 stroke. Good boat and they come with front and rear casting deck side console and plumbed in live tanks. I fish moreton bay and the rivers and around brisbane.