PDA

View Full Version : Jockey wheels? which one

hilta1
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Ok, just wondering what jockey wheels people use, i have had the standard swing up ones but just a bit sick of replceing them due to either seizing or the last one just kept looking like it was going to collapse at the swing up part. I am not sure weather to go the Alko retractable or the Fulton type. Has anyone got either of these? how do you find them? it is on a kevlacat 2400 so has a fair bit of weight at the towball, also i dont need it to move the boat once it is disconnected, also idea of price on both of these brands. Regards Mark

chocolatemoose
10-08-2013, 09:17 PM
sold a fair whack of fultons. on my second on now. fantastic. id go for the larger single wheel type. the twin wheels used to get stuck and bow on some surfaces.
if you dont fancy ponying up the coin for a fulton id go for a decent swing up with a large pneumatic tire.

hilta1
10-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks, got a price on the Fulton today, $300, if they are good i dont mind paying for it, just want to make sure they are worth it, cheers Mark

deckie
10-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Fair bit depends on the surface you are regularly pushing across.
In terms of the wheel itself i've gone from small solid wheel to large pneumatic and ended up easiest with a large single solid wheel. Thats going across pebblecrete, concrete and brick paving. Go figure...i always assumed the larger pneumatic was the go till i tried a mates large solid wheel.
I'd say best all rounder is usually a single larger pneumatic, but if u can test both in the regular area you use might be worth it.

hilta1
10-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Doesnt have to move, could get away with a flat pad but it is handy with a wheel so as if it moves a little as it comes off the ball, i cant move the boat on the jockey wheel as it is near 3 tonne.

tenzing
10-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I have a big solid rubber ALKO one that winds up out of the way,no swing up.
A real heavy duty bit of kit.
Brilliant
Cheers
Brendan

johncar
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I have the Alko Retractable and very happy with it. Approx 300kg on the ball and handles it easily, great jockey wheel. You do need around 320mm min clearance between the bottom of the mounting plate and the ground so it can lock in.

hilta1
11-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys will see where i can get the alko one from. Mark