PDA

View Full Version : Fibreglass Esky

madmackrel
10-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Wondering wether anybody could build me a custom glass esky or put me in contact with someone.
Cheers MM

Shark Poker
10-08-2013, 01:53 PM
I expect most FG'ers will shy away from this unless it is a BIG icebox that can justify the day plus of labour.
Why don't you build the foam body yourself, and get it fibre glassed by someone?

Pauly

burleygu
10-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Can I ask why you want a glass esky Perry? The cost to have one built just in materials would be the same as buying a 200ltr plus esky then you have to add labor as well. What finish are you looking for on the outside and inside of the esky? A fiber glass mat finish on the inside will stain easily if used as a fish esky as apposed to a fiberglass mold finish which is a smooth glossy finish. Making a mold for a high gloss finish esky 3-4x the price more then just making your sub structure and glassing inside and outside. My mate Adam could give you a price, But be seated for it. Doesn't hurt to ask, Id ring 4 or 5 places and get a list of prices to see who is in the ball park and who is not.
Is his number tell him Tim told ya to give him a ring only drama is he's up at caboolture.