PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Marine

LittleSkipper
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Just thought I'd post my comments on yet again another outstanding quality of service to the crew at Brisbane Marine (previously SeaQuest Performance).

Went to collect my BMT after it's annual service,attempted to raise the outboard slightly to temporary take the weight off the outboard brace to adjust the two rods that feed through and low & behold the UP function on the outboard and the throttle would not function, only in the down position.

Left the BMT behind for Warren (Snr Mechanic) to fault find who also offered to trailer my BMT to my place of residence. 'Thank You Warren'

Both the 'UP' & 'DOWN' on the outboard and the throttle now function as normal.

Now thats what I call "Customer Service"?

Spaniard_King
07-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Just thought I'd post my comments on yet again another outstanding quality of service to the crew at Brisbane Marine (previously SeaQuest Performance).

Went to collect my BMT after it's annual service,attempted to raise the outboard slightly to temporary take the weight off the outboard brace to adjust the two rods that feed through and low & behold the UP function on the outboard and the throttle would not function, only in the down position.

Left the BMT behind for Warren (Snr Mechanic) to fault find who also offered to trailer my BMT to my place of residence. 'Thank You Warren'

Both the 'UP' & 'DOWN' on the outboard and the throttle now function as normal.

Now thats what I call "Customer Service"?

So I take it that it all worked well for them during the service??

Brisbane Marine
07-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Garry,

Being a switched on outboard mechanic you would probably already understand what was going on and to answer your question yes the trim switch was working fine during service.
The engine in question has an mercury level trim limit switch. With the engine being trimmed all the way up and the vessel pointing down hill the mercury level limit switch was reading a higher than set max trim limit thus allowing no trim up action. As soon as the vessel was levelled out the switch worked fine. This situation also prevented the up switch on the side of the engine from normal function as well. First thing I thought was trim relay, Warren was all over it and knew exactly what was going on. Warren Harris sure does know his stuff and am glad to have him on our team. Hope this answers your question.
Little Skipper thank you for your kinds words and see you next service!

Troy@brismarine.com.au

Still_Dreamin
07-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Very professional response Brisbane marine. Many businesses could learn a lot from the way you handle yourself online.

fisho8
07-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Good to see you are Happy LS they are great guys to deal with and bend over backwards to make sure everyone leaves happy. Well done fellas.

Spaniard_King
08-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Garry,

Being a switched on outboard mechanic you would probably already understand what was going on and to answer your question yes the trim switch was working fine during service.
The engine in question has an mercury level trim limit switch. With the engine being trimmed all the way up and the vessel pointing down hill the mercury level limit switch was reading a higher than set max trim limit thus allowing no trim up action. As soon as the vessel was levelled out the switch worked fine. This situation also prevented the up switch on the side of the engine from normal function as well. First thing I thought was trim relay, Warren was all over it and knew exactly what was going on. Warren Harris sure does know his stuff and am glad to have him on our team. Hope this answers your question.
Little Skipper thank you for your kinds words and see you next service!

Troy@brismarine.com.au

Troy,

If this had been explained to the customer, then we most likely wouldn't be having this conversation.

ric
08-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Very professional response Brisbane marine. Many businesses could learn a lot from the way you handle yourself online.

I have to agree on that.
I have had some talks with brisbane marine lately and they have shown exceptional attitude and service.

Brisbane Marine
08-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Garry,

Appreciate your concern about our business operations and the well being of fellow Ausfish members.
To answer your question yet again, Our customer was fully explained to what had occurred causing the trim operation
situation to the point where we were in his driveway at 6:30pm last night delivering the boat, removed the engine cowl
and walked our customer through the full operation of the trim system and what caused the situation to take place.
We even showed him how to manually operate the trim if he ever has any trim issues in the future.
I hope this answers all your questions and concerns. If there is anything else you need explained please let me know.
More than happy to oblige.

troy@brismarine.com.au

LittleSkipper
09-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Gees! I didn't think such a small thread would cause such a fuss amongst some Ausfishers? Just wanted to voice my extreme happiness at the high level of service I received.

Thanks Troy, you pretty much well nailed it on the head with regards to what was exactly explained to me by Warren.

I merely wanted to keep it simple and to the point without going blah! blah! blah! etc! etc! etc!

Thanks Brisbane Marine.

liltuffy
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Bought Opti oil off Troy today. Showed me round the operation and welcomed me as an old customer, be a person eh Troy.

I'll be back

liltuffy
09-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Gee Mercury's are good :)

Fed
09-08-2013, 11:32 PM
I would have thought they stopped using mercury level limit switches when they changed the old twin rams into the dedicated rams system like the OMCs use.

Something doesn't sound right to me what motor is it Skipper?

Brisbane Marine
10-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Fed,

I am sure you have seen the case where the outboard motor trimmed all the way up
Hits the back of the boat, transom when on a pod or even the bait board.
This limit switch device is a device to add to the outboard to stop the customer from crushing
the cowling when trimming the motor all the way up. When installed the device is then set to cut the up operation of the trim when the desired full trim up level is reached.
Hope this answers your concern.

troy@brismarine.com.au

Fed
10-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Gotcha Troy well done, a good trick to get around a common problem.

LittleSkipper
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM
And that's exactly why I have the mercury filled trim limit switch fitted because I accidently did just what Troy stated when I first bought my boat back in 2010 whilst raising the outboard the cowling made contact with the stern of my boat and slightly cracked the cowling in one corner which I might add cost a few bob to have repaired before having the limit switch fitted.

The switch is a godsend, but I was disappointed that something hadn't been done prior to me purchasing my boat or that Mercury did not already have some cut off device fitted to the hydraulics to prevent the outboard from raising to high and making contact.

Anyways, alls well that ends well.

propdinger
10-08-2013, 12:26 PM
my suzuki has it fitted and saved me a few times when raising the motor and not looking

Fed
10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
The switch is a godsend, but I was disappointed that something hadn't been done prior to me purchasing my boat or that Mercury did not already have some cut off device fitted to the hydraulics to prevent the outboard from raising to high and making contact.
Don't blame Mercury mate they would never condone the use of something that could negate the operation of the tilt support levers.

Think of the legal ramifications, it wasn't so long ago that Mercury were being sued because someone got hit by a propeller, claimed it should have been guarded.
"Only in America", but it may have been an internet myth.

LittleSkipper
10-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Fed, I'm not blaming Mercury, having a trim stop switch prevents myself and someone else from accidently raising the outboard to the point of no return when your finger is on the switch. It also does not negate as you put it any of the support levers.

Mister
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
....The switch is a godsend, but I was disappointed that something hadn't been done prior to me purchasing my boat or that Mercury did not already have some cut off device fitted to the hydraulics to prevent the outboard from raising to high and making contact.

So this is more a boat design issue then (not accommodating a particular outboard) rather than an outboard design problem then?

TopBhoy
10-08-2013, 05:49 PM
So this is more a boat design issue then (not accommodating a particular outboard) rather than an outboard design problem then?
It's neither. The boat is fine, the outboard is fine.....it's an interface and integration issue.;D