PDA

View Full Version : my new old boat

Robbo76
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
http://s23.postimg.org/q0r2szegn/IMG_20130807_144642.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/q0r2szegn/)

Picked up a seafarer v sea for a cheap price. It has the old black anchor v6 on it, but not for long! In saying that the old motor kicks over first hit....

Marlin_Mike
11-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Looking st one of those myself, have been told they are very good reliable boats

murf
11-08-2013, 05:26 PM
good all rounder boat :) need to wear a PFD in them all the time in NSW now :( bit rough in the slop but a great fishing platform the Yamy 70 would be great motor for it, mate has the 80HP Yamy which is great but too heavy IMO

cheers Murf

Noelm
19-08-2013, 11:40 AM
A V6 on a VC? on some sort of pod? jesus, it would be low in the back.

Robbo76
19-08-2013, 02:57 PM
A V6 on a VC? on some sort of pod? jesus, it would be low in the back.

Not at all mate, sits pretty high in the water even with the 75l tank in the back. In the slop it pretty good, it loves weight in the arse though . Sat on 22knots on the way home in average conditions. Overall so far, very happy with it.

Robbo76
19-08-2013, 03:09 PM
good all rounder boat :) need to wear a PFD in them all the time in NSW now :( bit rough in the slop but a great fishing platform the Yamy 70 would be great motor for it, mate has the 80HP Yamy which is great but too heavy IMO

cheers Murf

True? You have to wear a pfd in the vc all the time? It jumps around more than the haines did, but get the weight balanced correct and its pretty good i think. I no complain, i got it for under 5g. :)

Shark Poker
19-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I like V-Seas.
Almost bought one last year.
Have quite a few come thru my workshop and the owners are normally guys whom could afford a bigger and newer boat but like the function of the V-Sea and keep them in great order.
AND they are a boat that an annoyingly high number of visitors and customers have to ask about and comment upon! So I am happy when they leave :)
Re the motor, there were (are) a lot of V-Seas used for deep sea fishing, often with 3 blokes plus all their gear, so 70hp in the swells with that type of load meant that the bigger motors were always going to happen.
I assume the bigger motors make them harder to drive properly and carefully with a lighter load.
The full length canopy is questionable, but you be the judge.
Nice Rig,
Pauly

Robbo76
19-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah, i wouldn't know how they go with a lighter engine. My old man throws half the tackle shop in when we go, so their is always a load i guess. You not a fan of the canopy? I don't mind it, i thought of chopping it back some, but unsure yet.

Noelm
20-08-2013, 11:33 AM
probably be good to get a mod to move this to the boat section?