PDA

View Full Version : Bull shark hot spots Pine river

fairpractice
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Hi Caught a couple of good sized bull sharks off the bank in Hay's inlet at low tide on live mullet last summer.
Wondering if its worthwhile to fish for them from a boat in the Pine. Do I look near the Redcliffe bridges or further up?
Noticed the other day a complete lack of poddy mullet at the moment in Hay's inlet. Figure if bait is scarce sharks will be scarce also.
Would be interested to hear also which season is best.
Generally fish the bottom of the tide at low light, but willing to sit out in the dark if necessary.
thanks john

bowds13
05-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Plenty of bullies in the pine mate. Iv done well on them drifting livies from the highway bridge up to the power lines. Seen some big suckers hanging out around the mouth of the south pine where it meets the north pine... Right were the skiers like to play funny enough

kingcray
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
yeah they are commonly caught off the northern bank west of the highway bridges. They love to eat live eel or big slabs of dead eel. Have seen countless small bullies jump clear out of the water up the south pine

boat and hoe
05-08-2013, 09:17 PM
A mate an i often fish the pine of a night, we find it the best time for bigger fish. Bull sharks are very common up under the highway bridge of a night. We almost alway seen one or two a night on an incoming tide. if you have a cast net there is heaps of bait fish around the street lights on the bridge and just float a few live ones out. Most times they will even swim close to the boat.

We have never gone out just to target them but always have the gear on the boat ready for them.
Hope you are able to get a few.

fairpractice
06-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks for your collective wisdom. I seems like I head upstream toward the fresh. cheers john