PDA

View Full Version : 12 volt Deck wask pump kit.

Cav(J.C.)
04-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Hi guys,
Have finally decided to bight the bullet and install a deck wash pump. Am getting too old for lugging buckets of water over the side.
Any advice on brands, specs. transom mounted suction, type of hose and nozzle would be appreciated.
I know there are guys out there who have done this, so the benefit of your experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Cav(J.C.)::)

Dan5
04-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I put in a Shurflo kit.....no dramas yet.........just make sure you can freshwater flush it.......I set mine up with a normal 1/2 garden hose fitting on the pickup so all I have to do is plug in a garden hose joiner to my hose and pull the trigger on the deckwash and hold it for a minute or so and the whole system is flushed........so far so good.......

Dan

Cav(J.C.)
04-08-2013, 05:38 PM
::)Thanks Dan,
Have an old Shureflow pump which was standby for fresh water on a bigger boat. Wasn't sure it would be powerful enough. How did you rig the suction?
Cav(J.C.)

hilta1
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Gooday mate, I second the shureflo, I wouldn't touch jabsco again,i put a post on here a few days ago about my dramas with jabsco so wont go over it again just go the shureflo. Regards Mark

rexaway123
04-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Shurflo all the way agreed...have no problems with mine. have a stainless spout out back of back reaching down into water cause my deck sits above waterline self draining. can see on port side there95200

rexaway123
04-08-2013, 07:14 PM
95201Having plug in port valve works well just outside deck area so hose stays clear from problems and can hook on baitboard rather than trying to coil up all time

Dan5
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
::)Thanks Dan,
Have an old Shureflow pump which was standby for fresh water on a bigger boat. Wasn't sure it would be powerful enough. How did you rig the suction?
Cav(J.C.)

Mate Col from Origin installed a water pickup through my hull when the boat was being built............I have seen others where the pickup is running down the transom.

Dan

Stansy
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi cav, another plug for the SHURflo. I have the pro blaster set up as salt water deck wash and it works a treat. The pickup is stainless and runs out and down the transom, great to flick a switch was down boat out on the water.
Mark

Micadogs
05-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I have had 3 years out of a Johnson pump, no issues to date.

Cheers Adam