PDA

View Full Version : BAD experience on Advance fishing charter Norfolk Island

crazy to fish
01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I am writing this because I don't want anyone to experience what we did aboard Advance in Norfolk Island with Darren Bates, His brochure says half a day charter from 7.30 to 12. We left the Jetty at 9am stopped after 5 minutes and were back at the Jetty at 11am with a few sweetlip, six of us tourists on board and we were charged $900 for the 2 hours fishing.
We were handed budget old gear that had no brake we couldn't play or slow the fish I got skin sheared of from the sharks ripping out line. We asked solely for a kingi trip Darren changed his attitude towards that when we were all committed to the trip leaving the Jetty.
He deceived us on the phone in the morning of the trip by saying we would target Kingis but we had better get down to the Jetty quick while the conditions were still ideal, we had waited five days for the weather to clear so we could go fishing, as you can imagine we were all just so keen to get out fishing.
I said I wasn't happy at all with the trip, his response was (Well you cant make everyone happy) and he walked off. I should have spoken to the locals before I booked the charter because the next day I went out and spent some time talking around town and its clear Darren has a name for being the rip off charter on the Island. Darren has a glossy brochure and a safe looking boat but don't be fooled.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!

mull dog
01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Always skeptical of someone that joins this forum with the sole purpose to bag a business like you have done. Not saying I don't believe you but youre just not going to have much weight to your post with it being your first one. Hope you stick around and contribute more positive stuff in the future.

fat-buoy
01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
My brother was on Norfolk some years ago and tried to get out fishing and even though he had some good and some bad days weather wise he just couldn't get the guy organised to get out to catch some fish... after a bit of frustration he just gave up and didn't have his fishing trip... whether it be the same operator or not I couldn't say but it sounds very much like the same operator to me.

JEWIENEWIE
01-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Pretty sure I went on that boat. Best part of the trip was getting back to the jetty and watching the sharks cruise around sniffing for scraps from our massive::) sweetlip we got.....
JN

crazy to fish
07-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Thanks for your comments, I too like to be a force for good and normally turn away to the negitive however when 6 of us paid so much and had our heart set on a good trip and got ripped off and told stories I decided enough was enough and its time to speak up, In the hopes others don't have to have the same experience. To be for warned is to be for armed !