PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a 150hp 2003 Evinrude Direct Injection for $4500??

bradz
31-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Hi guys

Following on from my earlier post, this is not an Expression of Interest...but it sort of is. Mods - if this is deemed an EOI please let me know if it is not suitable.

I am having difficulty gettying a motor on a boat inspected before i purchase it. The motor will be sold after buying anyway because the boat needs a much bigger one.

The current motor is a 2003 150hp XL Evinrude (Bombadier) Direct Injection with 350 odd hours. Not overly sure of the market value but guessing $4500 roughly.

If you are interested in this sort of motor for around $4500 and are happy to inspect yourself I would love to hear from you. Its located in Maryborough, QLD.

Cheers
Brad

outwide1
31-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Brad i have been trying to sell a 175HP Evinrude DI 2005 model with 500 hours,well looked after and only ever had the Evinrude 2 stroke oil used in it.
Mate i can't give it away for $4500.

ozscott
31-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Are these a FICHT? If so yep, you might have trouble shifting it.

Cheers

bobbyb
31-07-2013, 06:54 PM
every body wont's a 4 banger these days.

do a deal with outwide1 for his 175; maybe....bit bigger

Shark Poker
31-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Are these a FICHT? If so yep, you might have trouble shifting it.

Cheers

He is right, you know.
Pauly

Spaniard_King
31-07-2013, 07:00 PM
Ring KNP Marine at Southport,

I put quite a few trade ins through them.. he's bought Etecs from me before

bradz
31-07-2013, 07:26 PM
This is just getting all too hard. May just have to give it a miss I reckon.
Thanks again for all of your replies.
Cheers
Brad

Shark Poker
31-07-2013, 08:45 PM
That would be the best decision for you Bradz.
I read that you have had some offers to assist with this and another vessel of past interest, that you have not taken up.
Also note that you would not describe the vessel/ BMT.
There are heaps of members on the AF forum that could have helped you with specific info rather than just referring a 'Someone' to look at an entire rig.

bradz
31-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Hi Fatbuoy

I wasnt trying to be elusive at all. The first boat was a Haines Breeze 630 which Regal Marine sold from under me when I had an inspection booked. I did take up the advise of some members here and had arranged for the inspection to be done by the mechanic recommended. The bloody yard sold it anyway.

The current boat is also a Haines Breeze 630 but this time with a 150 Evinrude 150 2003 model. The only reason i didnt go into detail was in case the owners are on this forum. I have no intention of keeping the motor...its underpowered in my mind, but the owner is so "special" that any mention to him that their is something wrong with his pride and joy and he just about threatens to not sell it to me.

If the truth be known, you guys have been awesome. The owner of the current boat I am looking at is pretty difficult to deal with. Its not a personal thing, but I have honestly had easier experiences buying boats overseas than I have had with some East Coast sellers (I am sure you aren't all a bad mob). This current seller will only let me inspect the boat before 8.30am or after 5pm on weekdays (good luck with that) or on Saturdays. He wont let me have it taken to a yard to test it in a tank. Again, pretty hard to get someone to do the inspection on a Saturday.

When you are trying to get all of this to work it does get pretty complicated.

Not sure if you were implying that I was not taking up peoples offers because I am being elusive...far from it. Choong (I think) offered to have a quick look. Unfortunately I need to get it looked over a little more thoroughly than a quick look. Thats nothing against Choong, but when you are spending the best part of $35000 you want to make sure its being done right.

Sorry if this comes across as being a little abrupt but its not intended. Your tone implied that I was not being serious or perhaps just sounding people out. Not the case at all. Just trying to get it to work.

Cheers
Brad

mutineer
01-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Your Gunna spend at least another 10 for a refit in a guess , have you found or looked for one in the 45 range with the motor you want ? Just saying

tenzing
01-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Hey Brad
Traded the evinrude 175 (2005 500+ hrs) last year on a new suzi 175.
Didnt even try to sell it because as others have suggested they would be hard to move and I didnt want to spend the time and effort for the likely gain of a few extra bucks.
The one you are talking about is older and smaller and while its actual value to someone could be a lot more, I am guessing that you are thinking it is worth about double what you might get as a trade if you want to do a deal fairly promptly. Not what you want to hear but real world stuff with those donks unfortunately
Cheers
Brendan

Noelm
01-08-2013, 08:35 AM
If the boat is a good buy, why not at least give it a go with the current motor? or even fly over and give it a test run, flights are not that expensive these days, especially when compared to the price of the boat.

bradz
01-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi guys
I have allocated $45k for the full budget. I have now found a buyer over here for $4500 for the motor, provided it checks out OK. So, now I just have to find a mechanic who can inspect on a Saturday.
I'll keep you updated as to how I get along.
Cheers

cormorant
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Bradz. So you don't end up caught with a motor you need to make sure the mechanic looking at the motor actually has the software and skill to look at any codes and confirm all details from the EMM . Would be worth checking with a local BRP dealer if that engine number has had any warranty claims or failures as it is all logged if it has been serviced by a etec technician. Compression check just doesn't cut it for a check on a direct injected motor these days.

Casey Ison
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
ahh disreguard that just did some research on these donks cheers! good luck with it all mate.

bradz
01-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, ive decided to give it a miss. Just couldnt get the planets to align on this one.

Soap opera over...for now.

ahh disreguard that just did some research on these donks cheers! good luck with it all mate.