PDA

View Full Version : Boat inspection required - Maryborough QLD

bradz
30-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi guys
Well after the last debacle I have found another boat on your side of the country. This time in Maryborough QLD.
I have tried Fraser Coast Boats, Barney's and Hervey Bay Marine. Still working through the logistics.
The problem is that the inspection must be done at the sellers house either before 8.30am or after 5pm (difficult hey).
Anyway, can you recommend someone who could do this for me?
Cheers
Brad

J2DAG83
30-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Hey Mate

Not sure if the below is all still the right info but give it a go and if you get through to a bloke called Mark then your on the right track..haha

He has come out to our house and looked after us previously so he may be what your looking for.

Heritage City Marine

Outboard Motors - Maryborough, QLD

120 Richmond St, Maryborough QLD 4650, Australia
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/ui/standard/bpp/phone_icon.png(07) 4122 1770

bradz
30-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Yep. I am trying him too but he is only part time. Will find out more details tomorrow, so hopefully he can help.
Good to hear that you had a good experience with him.
Cheers
Brad

Jarrah Jack
30-07-2013, 04:46 PM
With the market how it is the seller should be offering to take the boat in for an inspection.

Chong
30-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Brad,
I can go have a basic look for you if that helps. I know Mark as well.
Cheers

bradz
30-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi guys

Yep, its damn awkward but there are reasons for it. Due to their work commitments and other issues (which I shouldn't air on this forum), I may have to get it done on a Saturday...if anyone does inspections on Saturday.

Chong, thanks for your offer. May have to take it up.

Here's the thing, the boat has a 2003 150hp XL Evinrude (Bombadier) Direct Injection outboard. For all intents and purposes the motor is in great condition. However, I will be selling the motor and replacing it with a much larger 4 stroke once its back in Perth (I have access to a used 4 stroke at a good price)

I reckon the 150hp is not enough for the boat personally.

Is anyone in QLD is interested in the above motor (about 350 hours) for about $4,500 ? If so, it will save me the problem of trucking it to WA, reducing my transport costs as well. The motor would come with all controls and rigging (except battery cables). If you are happy to inspect it, and it was up to your standard we could get it off the boat and you get a motor for $4,500. Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers
Brad
0438 857 955