PDA

View Full Version : OZ640 hardtop extension and water tank install

OZ 640
22-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Gday All,

Been a while since I have posted up about the boat. Have nearly had it 12 months and through the teething stages.

Not as happy with the service I got after the boat was delivered, but overall very happy with the rig. Would highly recommend Yamaha motors and Performance Plate Boats.

So now looking to do some modifications....... :D

I am taking to my mates place this weekend to extend the hard top. Will still be counter levered with no supports across the back giving unrestricted fishing.
The 2 spotties will be moved to the back and the 6 rod holders in the rocket launcher will be repositioned to have 3 down each side of the hard top. If they went to the back of the hard top the rods in the rocket launcher would tangle with rods in the bait station.
A new 1m strip of led lights will be fitted under the hard top to light up the deck and the spotties will shine in the water.

Next is fresh water...... We are making an aluminium water tank to fit in the bow of the boat and will have the hose in the side pockets. Hoping to get about 100L in the tanks.
I know this will add another 100kgs, however think the extra weight will smoothen out the ride and keep the nose down. Boat seems to handle a bit better with weight in the front so fingers crossed all will be good.

Have attached a photo of the boat as is currently and will take photos over the next week to show progression.

Any input would be great.

Cheers Dale

Matt76
25-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm assuming you don't want to drink the water out of the aluminium tank? Better go stainless or poly if you do.

That's a good pic of the boat!

fisho8
26-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Good stuff OZ keep the pics coming mate as to the progress will be good to see the finished product as Matt said though if you want to drink the water I would go a stainless or poly tank.

Cheers Mick.

OZ 640
27-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your thoughts lads, fresh is just to wash the dishes, quick tub before sleep etc.
All drinking water is bottled and frozen.

Boat was held up as had a problem with the brakes on one wheel of the dunbier trailer. Lads at Mongrel Trailer helped get me going.
Boat is now at my mates place for the next week or so.
Dunbier want me to bring it down for them to give it a once over.
Will be good to know the brakes are back to 100%

Also fitting a custom burly bucket to the transom. :)

Cheers Dale

OZ 640
14-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi All,
So got the boat back and stoked with the hardtop extension.
The water tank ended up about 74 L which is good enough for me.
Also got the berley bucket made up and installed.

Took the boat for a test run on the weekend and none of the mods have changed the performance and handling of the boat....

Hope full to get out again Sunday and show the family all the whales of Moreton then off to 1770 the following weekend with a bunch of boats.

Cheers Dale