View Full Version : Looking for rubber mat for the floor of my boat

Using it
18-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Who has best range and price in or around Redlands
Floor is 3 mt long x 2 mt wide .found some at Clarks but seemed pretty pricy
Cheers B.D.

mad matt
21-07-2013, 02:21 PM
I use the click together foam mats $15 for 4 work well nice and light take out hose off all good.

Tangles
21-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I tried those foam mats which click together, they are great until they get wet underneath on a figreglass, they get very slippery so i took them out, dont know how they would go on a tinny

marto78
21-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I agree with the foam mats being slippery when wet, they are down right dangerous IMO.

Have a look on Ebay there is usually some good deals on there. I bought a 6.5m roll, 5mm thick and 1.2m wide last year for $65 from a factory in Yatala, the only problem is that it is black so it will be hot under foot in an open boat, no problems in the back of the ute but.

mad matt
21-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I have a ally checker plate floor they don't seem to move on it even when wet.

WalrusLike
21-07-2013, 09:22 PM
I have the Kmart $15 for four jigsaw edge square mat.

I find its best flipped smooth side up. Doesn't seem slippery to me.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

warti
22-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Until someone drops a big greasy cod on them. Dropped one before and it was downright dangerous. I would also like a nice rubber alternative..

WalrusLike
22-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Until someone drops a big greasy cod on them. Dropped one before and it was downright dangerous. I would also like a nice rubber alternative..

Actually I should rescind my comment..... So far my boat has only had little tiddlers on the deck... so I have no experience with a big slippery fish on that mat.

Maybe I should replace it..... Hope I haven't muddied the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rexaway123
22-07-2013, 06:20 AM

REGUPOL all the way... comes in rolls like carpet in many colours and patters. they will ship anywhere from sydney
check their website out, I have mine glued down permanently tho in cut out pattern so I have the thin one. if you gonna leave under its own weight then can get heavier thicker grade
no slip and easier to clean not damaged by fuel either

Tangles
22-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Another option for you,

On the charter boat Baitrunner they had this stuff Vynalite Tube Matt which was awesome stuff, I think Lucky Phill has it now as well, easy on the feet and if laid the right way stuff will wash down the deck easily,

http://www.matworld.com.au/matting-products/pvc-strip-anti-fatigue-matting/vynalite-tube-mat

JB sniper
22-07-2013, 07:45 AM
I second that tube mate 3 of my mates have it in their boats and its great stuff, I will be putting it in my boat shortly. Clark rubber sell it also though it is quite expensive.

Mrs Ronnie H
22-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Mmmm

That regupol stuff is real good. I have checked it out but was not what i was after for our floor.
Just a little off topic but We have carpet which in my opinion should keep fairly cool under foot( I like no shoes in summer) but found it hot and the screws that hold it down nearly burnt through your foot if you stepped on them. I looked at rubber matting and also the foam squares but they to get hot and slippery.

For anyone that has carpet and the same problem I now use some of those removalist blankets you get from supa cheap. I cut them in four and lay them at the back of the boat to stand on and also are great to stop blood etc getting into the carpet. I take them out after each trip and give them a good hose off ready for the next trip.

Just a tip for anyone who wants to keep the carpet clean and feet cool.

If for any reason I end up with a bare floor I think the other option would be regupol or the stuff Phill put down.

Mrs H

Using it
22-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Many thank every body thick I will us regupol
Chees B.D.

Franco
22-07-2013, 08:30 PM
I second the PVC tube removable florring HOWEVER not the smooth tube stuff, but the Vynagrip flat surface with diamond tip tread grip. Have this in my tinny and no matter how much mud / Jew slime / crabbing muck you get on the floor, it grips like sandpaper. Fine on bare feet but a little hard if having to kneel down on it.

I cable tied 2 heets together cut out to the floor area, and its easily removable / washable whenever its a mess. Doesn't hold water, and best thing is once removed you have a smooth surface to hose out all the crap that flushes straight out the back.

Will never have carpet again! The other thing I have on the casting deck is Sea-dek; fantastic stuff and grippy-as.

Horse
22-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Tube mat is good but Franco is on the money with the flat Vynagrip stuff. I found tube mat only lasts a couple of years in the sun as well

cajunnsw
23-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Many thank every body thick I will us regupol
Chees B.D.

Make sure you dont get the black background. It gets way too hot to stand on in bare feet.

I understand that the gray is much better.

rexaway123
23-07-2013, 01:31 PM
correct 100% what he says... that why I chose grey...black will hide any marks but it is very resisitant to any staining of chemicals etc anyway....if you leave fish guts all over it for weeks without hose out you will prob get some brown staining tho

Gazza.Boyne
25-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Is this stuff good for fibreglass boats as well as ally boats

Cheers Gazza

rexaway123
25-07-2013, 04:16 PM
check my picture in earlier up the post trail...mine is stuck down on fiberglass floor instead of having the rough fleck over the flocoat for grip

Dean1
28-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Tried the clark rubber rubber tube matting on fibreglass and it was a nightmare slippery as when it gets wet dangerous now that i think of it..