PDA

View Full Version : gota watch the quiet ones.

bobbyb
16-07-2013, 07:40 PM
hi all,
bean lying low and checking in now and then to see whats going on in ausfish world .

lately been seeing posts and comments from lots of members I have never heard from before, but that mite be just that I haven't seen there posts in the past, any way got me thinking about all the knowledgeable people out there that are members and don't say anything.:-?

when I log on I look at the list of other people that are logged on at that time and are amazed by the amount of people on this site that just watch and say nothing.
I,m not very smart and get my bum kicked regularly on here but I got broad shoulders and the way I see it, its all in the name of entertainment. like every one on here I just love being on the water and Herring the stories and seeing the pictures people post. so here's a invitation to everyone that has never said boo on here. have a say, don't be shy, tell use why you love the ocean. let's show the power of the quiet achievers and make this the biggest thread ever on ausfish:D have a go guys;)

bobbyb
16-07-2013, 08:05 PM
come on you lot, 22 views and not a peep.......bring it.

SummerTrance
16-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I was one of those 22 views but thought I pipe up every now and then so I probably dont qualify as a 'quiet one' :P

tunaticer
16-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Good idea Bobby......plenty of opinions worth hearing out there being held by the timid. One thing nobody can take from you is your freedom to speak your mind.

jtpython
16-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Some of us talk to much :P
JT

Schulzy
16-07-2013, 08:46 PM
There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum always helpful. Bit of dribble though haha and plenty of banter

bobbyb
16-07-2013, 09:00 PM
gota love a bit of dribble, but still not hearing from the first timers. out of the closet you lot. tell us what you love about your boat.

I want a bigger one, yer that a statement. seriously I want a 36 footer with a single diesel so I can be totally self sufficient and live the dream..

bobbyb
16-07-2013, 09:37 PM
did I mention my 36 footer will have a dry exhaust and keel cooler, no salt water getting any where near my motor. what would you like???

stinkyfinger
17-07-2013, 05:28 AM
gota love a bit of dribble, but still not hearing from the first timers. out of the closet you lot. tell us what you love about your boat.

I want a bigger one, yer that a statement. seriously I want a 36 footer with a single diesel so I can be totally self sufficient and live the dream..

I had that idea too lol. I have always owned trailer boats over the past 30plus years, then stepped it up 18 months ago to a flybridge with a turbo diesel.
Dam, they cost some money to own and maintain. gone from being debit free to up2 my neck in debit & its still not going 100% yet.
I half wish it would just sink now days lol.

Almako
17-07-2013, 07:02 AM
I had that idea too lol. I have always owned trailer boats over the past 30plus years, then stepped it up 18 months ago to a flybridge with a turbo diesel.
Dam, they cost some money to own and maintain. gone from being debit free to up2 my neck in debit & its still not going 100% yet.
I half wish it would just sink now days lol.

This reminds me of a story my misses told me and has always stuck in my mind when I want to rush out and buy bigger and better.
I found it again on the net below and it applies to so many things.

There once was a successful business man who vacationed in a small village in South America. He happened to meet a fisherman at a local cantina and they struck up a conversation. The businessman was intrigued by the fisherman’s little fishing business. He shared how he took his boat out a few days a week and then sold his catch to the local market.

The businessman’s wheels began turning as he thought of the possibilities this man had. He explained how he could invest in the fisherman’s business and help him expand. Then he could buy another boat and hire friends or family members to work that boat. He could continue to buy additional boats with his profits and eventually get a contract with a much larger market or retailer in the city.

He explained how that, for his business to be successful, he would need to put in a lot of hours to make sure everything was running smoothly, but eventually, the business would run smoothly and the fisherman wouldn’t have to work so hard.

The fisherman looked a little confused by all this. He asked the businessman, “Why would I want to do all of that? What would be the reason?” The businessman told him that he would then have the freedom to fish for fun a few days a week, and spend time with his wife, children and extended family.

The fisherman’s eyes lit up. He finally understood!

Then he turned to the businessman and said, “That is what I ALREADY do! Why would it be necessary to go through all that work and expense, if I am already doing what makes me happy in my life?”

The businessman opened his mouth to speak, and realized he did not have an answer for the man. He shook the fisherman’s hand and left the cantina, and actually began contemplating his own life and why he was working so hard…
Reference: http://livingthebalancedlife.com/2011/the-happy-fisherman/

ITZADOOZEE
17-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Guilty as charged...yes...I am one of the quiet ones, I usually read what everyone else is talking, chatting, arguing about. Got a mid-80's Yalta 18foot halfcab, 115 yammy V4 2stroke, fishin' out of Cairns. Only had this boat for 6 to 7 months now. All previous boats have been too small to get out to the reef. I've taken the yalta out a few times now (whenever I can when the winds not blowin' it's butt off). I am still finding/sounding my own spots out there with mixed results, but luckily the plotter had a few marks left on it which again are returning mixed results such as trout, spanglies, reds, etc. not huge quantities but at least its something and the kids love getting out there and wetting a line & dropping into Green or Fitzroy Island for a dip.
Hopefully when these winds drop I plan to do a few trolling runs around the place as I recently went on a work-provided game charter and discovered some great new trolling areas where we picked up quite a few macks and a small(60-70Lb)marlin.

ozynorts
17-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Another Yalta man. Welcome mate.

bobbyb
17-07-2013, 01:36 PM
hi ITZADOOZEE, good to hear from you. should be plenty of fish up in your neck of the woods,

gota love those Yalta's there a good boat. used to go out to broardhurst reef off Townsville with a mate in his 20 ft Yalta with a v8 mercruiser man that was a great boat.

quiet awhile back now but it was hard work with only 100pound hand lines and non stop pulling in trout 2 at a time all night. cheers and happy fishing.

royslaven
17-07-2013, 05:29 PM
come on you lot, 22 views and not a peep.......bring it.
My missus says that " I say it best when I say nothing at all ", cheers, roy