PDA

View Full Version : Starter solenoid 150 Suzuki

ShaneC
13-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Gday all,

I'm after a starter solenoid for a mate. The motor is an 08 Suzuki 150 four stroke. Based on web research a solenoid out of a 175 or 200 'should' be the same but unfortunately not a 140. I'm well aware of outboard wreckers and such out there but I was hoping someone might know of a not working version of one of these models in a backyard/ shed/ workshop that we can pinch it off. We can get the part at the right price, however won't get it til the end of next week and we were hoping to sort it before then.

So if anyone knows of one, any info would be great. Don't want anything for nothing, will happily duly compensate someone for the right part, we just want to get it going again smartish.....

Thanks

ShaneC
13-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Or if anyone has the ability and knowledge to point me in the direction of what vehicle may have the same Hitachi starter/ solenoid combo.... Even better!!

Gon Fishun
13-07-2013, 06:08 PM
If its only the solenoid and not damaged, strip it and clean it.

ShaneC
13-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Sorry, double post

ShaneC
13-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Solenoid is damaged mate. Broke it at the bolt. It was really tight and got leaned on too hard and bolt took bottom end of solenoid with it. We got a solenoid to fit that was out of an Astra but it disengages the flywheel as soon as it comes under load. We know its not a power problem or a starter issue as its a twin engine boat so we chopped and changed parts to test all possibilities. It seems we have the wrong after market solenoid so we are trying to get the right one.