PDA

View Full Version : Rics' raw deal & a quick whiparound...ok

solemandownunder
11-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Obviously Ric has been bitten yet again....for the time being anyways....:-?

JUST before I go on....2 people have stepped up to the plate & given me 2 props, NO charge, when I needed THEM....and THANK you guys for your generosity............

NOW...Ric is $700 maybe+ down the tube for a windscreen that will never arrive :-X

If only 70+ Ausfish members throw in $10 each & pledge that to...maybe FatBouy, to get the job done, then I say....here is OUR 1st $10....

Anyone else care to jump aboard and help out a man who does NOT want to see 3rd time unlucky ::)

OUR $10 is here ready to go.......whaddya recon fellas 8-)

This is AUSSIE M8s 8-)

Ray & Kerri.

ric
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the generosity mate, but im not after a hand out from fellow fishers.

I just try and post up my experiences for hopefully others can learn from my mistakes and that way if there are others out there in the same 'boat' then we can help each other out.

Again, i really appreciate your idea and generosity. But i cant accept the money. The fact that your offering to help me is worth far more than the $10 bucks. Thanks mate.

Cheers guys.

solemandownunder
11-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the generosity mate, but im not after a hand out from fellow fishers.

I just try and post up my experiences for hopefully others can learn from my mistakes and that way if there are others out there in the same 'boat' then we can help each other out.

Again, i really appreciate your idea and generosity. But i cant accept the money. The fact that your offering to help me is worth far more than the $10 bucks. Thanks mate.

Cheers guys.

MY point exactly....and I thought you mite react the way you did....good onya M8

BUT, you have no say in what I do...so :P

My thread still stands....it's the Aussie thing to do 8-)

Ray.

Andy H
11-07-2013, 12:30 PM
I'll go out and sell my body on the streets to raise money for you.
I might make $10.00

WalrusLike
11-07-2013, 01:36 PM
If I take up Andys offer and pay the full $10 (even though he's cheaper than that) does that mean I've antied up?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

solemandownunder
11-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Go ahead guys......make the funnies... I actually think they are cute :-*

However, the thread still stands at this point in time 8-)

;)Ray.

upstart
11-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm good for ten bucks. It'd be too easy to transfer to FatBuoys account so the screen can get done.

solemandownunder
11-07-2013, 07:16 PM
According to Rics' original thread....WalrusLike is committed to another $10 :)

SO, $20 in the bank now ;D

Any more ? ::)

Cummon Aussie cummon, cummon, Come on Aussie cummon ....mite be a song in that ;)

Ray.

solemandownunder
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
So...with the kind offer from "upstart"....the tally now stands at $30, thanks M8.

Any more ?

Ray.

Shark Poker
11-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Well I am not going to invoice Ric for his new custom made roof hatch or for the normal on site/travel charges related for the work that I am doing , so that evens things up for the loss of $700 plus, already.
For those of you who would actually like to help Ric, may I suggest (?) that you contact him one afternoon or Sunday morning, then swing by his shed at Thornlands and give him a fresh fish from your boats' icebox!
Because like may guys with such a project he has already spent a year too long in his shed, never having time to actually go fishing.
I think he will be too embarrassed to accept, but such encouragement would be gold.
Pauly

solemandownunder
11-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Well I am not going to invoice Ric for his new custom made roof hatch or for the normal on site/travel charges related for the work that I am doing , so that evens things up for the loss of $700 plus, already.
For those of you who would actually like to help Ric, may I suggest (?) that you contact him one afternoon or Sunday morning, then swing by his shed at Thornlands and give him a fresh fish from your boats' icebox!
Because like may guys with such a project he has already spent a year too long in his shed, never having time to actually go fishing.
I think he will be too embarrassed to accept, but such encouragement would be gold.
Pauly

Thanks Pauly...U are GOLD M8. ;)

THIS is what I am talkin' about guys.......The thread STILL STANDS for any others to offer any "encouragement" that they can...ALL proceeds to FatBouy, aka Pauly.

$30 in the bin so far....and any fresh fish we can supply....ok :)

Need an address for the fresh Fish drop-off but......;D

Ray.

ric
12-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Pauly

I much appreciate that Pauly, thats why your business is so busy, you offer the service everyone expects, but not many deliver.

Its been chalk and cheese lately. With all sorts of rubbish going on, then on the otherhand, service from paul who was more than happy to turn up on SUNDAY morning for a measure up and advice.

Justin Rossiter
12-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm good for $10
But the flathead fillets might take a while to drop off, Spirit of Tasmania leaves about 7 tonight, so I reckon will be up around Monday.
PM me the account details so I can make a transfer.

J

solemandownunder
12-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Onya Justin...$40 & growin' ;)

Keep the flattie fillets M8, I'll drop some in to Ric for U ;D

Ray.

netmaker
14-07-2013, 04:11 PM
count me in ray. please email details to drandersontaxagent@gmail.com

solemandownunder
15-07-2013, 03:44 AM
Thanks Dave, will do.....wonder if Ric likes Snapper M8 :-?:P;D

up to $50 now guys...keep it cummin good peeps :gossip:

netmaker
15-07-2013, 07:41 AM
wonder if Ric likes Snapper M8 :-?:P;D

too bad if he does. i have none fresh and if he wants frozen he will have to wait till 1770 m&g:P

solemandownunder
15-07-2013, 02:24 PM
too bad if he does. i have none fresh and if he wants frozen he will have to wait till 1770 m&g:P

Ahhhh yes.......the COOKOFF :o;D

2IC
15-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Dave put $10 bucks in for me as well & I'll fix you up
Cheers

solemandownunder
15-07-2013, 08:17 PM
$60 it is now.....Thanks 2IC ;D

As soon as we reach $100, I will pay that over to Pauly personally, and then every successive $100 after that in the same manner.

I would ask Pauly to post the received amounts here for all to see, and then I will PM everyone with my PayPal account for their interest in Rics ongoing achievement with "The Build".

Good to some Ozzies gettin' together over a project :D

Ray & Kerri.

Zippidy
15-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I don't know him, but I sympathise for the position he's in. Please PM me Paypal/Bank details. Thanks.

solemandownunder
16-07-2013, 06:02 AM
I don't know him, but I sympathise for the position he's in. Please PM me Paypal/Bank details. Thanks.

Will do Zippidy and Thanks M8....we now stand at $70.

As soon as we reach $100 and have passed that on to Pauly, I will PM everyone involved.

Thanks again, R & K.

Richo1
16-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Count me in PM the details. Have spent $10 on far less worthy causes many times.

solemandownunder
16-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Goodonya Richo1 & Thanks M8...

Tally is now at $80...only $20 to go for the 1st installment ;)

R & K.

Kato77
18-07-2013, 12:41 PM
yeah i feel Ric's pain - so count me in for a tenner.. PM me the details and i'll flick it across too..

Justin Rossiter
18-07-2013, 12:49 PM
How's this lads

First time poster pulls out a tenner for Ric

Nice work Davo

Kato77
18-07-2013, 01:09 PM
No excuses from others not to chip in now eh?

dogsbody
18-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Got no clue what happened, but I'll chip in.

PM details matey

Dave

solemandownunder
18-07-2013, 06:59 PM
"Kato77 & dogsbody".....THANKS guys....your two pledges have just topped the 1st $100 of $700 Ric lost when he paid up front for the Glass for his cat build....the company went bankrupt approx 2 weeks after Ric ordered & paid in advance.

Previous to that, Ric had arranged & paid around $12,000...UP FRONT AGAIN for a Tri-axle trailer from the states that may never materialise....maybe more to come on that note...

Ric has a thread on the build of the new baby....worth having a good look at what one man is trying to achieve....

Anyhows, I will contact Pauly ( FatBouy ) & make arrangements to get this first $100 to him....as he will now take over the Glass side of things.

Once he has received it & noted the transaction here....I will PM everyone so far with my PayPal details for the deposits.

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

WalrusLike
19-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Goodo Ray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shark Poker
23-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Today, Ray aka. Solemandownunder , delivered a $100 part payment on befalf of some Ausfish Memebers, towards supporting Ric in buying a new set of front glass windows.
I gave ray a receipt for the part payment and the amount is credited on Rics' account.
Thank You Ray and good on all of you!

Pauly

solemandownunder
24-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Was good to meet up with you Pauly & actually SEE for myself the type of work you do on boats. VERY impressive M8. I really did NOT realise the complex nature of the work you do, especially when it comes to fitting Glass on boats. :o

Thanks again for opting to do this work for Ric.

Well guys & Gals...next post will be the list of good people who have put there hand up towards making this FIRST $100 of $700 needed.
PMs' will follow with PayPal details.

There have been a few more pledges to start the next round & I will post these as well.

ONLY $600 to go now peeps :D

Thanks All, Ray & Kerri.

solemandownunder
25-07-2013, 07:24 AM
The 1st $100 List....now in Paulys hands ( FatBouy ).

Ray & Kerri
WalrusLike
upstart
Justin Rossiter
netmaker
2IC
Zippidy
Richo1
Kato77.....new member
dogsbody

PMs have been sent with details on how to forward the monies.

Thank you ALL for your involvement so far.....STILL a way to go but :)

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Kato77
26-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Hey Ray,

Got the PM - will sort that out.. :)

solemandownunder
26-07-2013, 07:36 PM
OK...round 2 8-)

We ( Ray & Kerri ) are in again for another $10.....

Just got word from another AF member ( Secret Spot ) that he & his missus are in for $20......

That makes $30 so far for the second round.....:)

So....Cummon peeps, Ric may now NEVER get his Triaxle Trailer according to what I have been seeing...$12,OOO down the tubes....JUST like that >:(

WE are only trying to cover the cost of his Glass $700, which Fatbouy (Pauly), who trades as "SAILFISH MARINE WINDOWS & HATCHES" @ Tingalpa here on Brissies' southeast side, is doing now for Ric.

$700 V $12,000 seems small....and THAT is what it is....SMALL, by comparison.....so please put your hands up on this SMALL endeavour where you can ;)

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

solemandownunder
08-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Ok...I will try and be as politically correct as possible......

It really sucks BIGTIME when one of our own gets ripped off by one of our OWN....so to speak.

Get ripped from any other nation and it is "caviat emptor"...let the buyer beware.

BUT to get done by a "LOCAL" is just WRONG on SO many fronts....

For those in the know, if the peeps that are hurting Ric over his Trailer deal EVER try to trade again.....they are idiots.
The reason I say this is THEY came on here purporting that Ric was jumping the gun & that all would be hunky-dorey ::)

NOT so....they REFUSE to communicate and correspond with Ric over a VERY serious matter....no matter WHAT Ric does to try and communicate with THEM :-?

THEY are ...DONE & DUSTED as far as ever trading in Queensland at least for an eternity.......

NOW, here's the deal.....I am bumping this thread to TRY and show that there are TRU-BLU ozzies still out there that will BACK a M8. 8-)

Just read this this tread from the beginning and you will see that Ric was done AGAIN.....by ANOTHER company doing MUCH the same as the importer of his trailer.

Approx $12,000 down the tubes for the trailer & then $700 for the Glass.

ALL I am asking is that Ric pay his dues with the trailer debacle.....$12,000 gone...

BUT, with the Glass....only $700....WE can deal with yeah.....$100 raised so far & another $30 pledged already to try and attain a workable goal of $700.00.

IF you dont like this thread and what we are trying to achieve here....NO probs....but if you do, just $10 per person x another 50+ members and we can at least right ONE wrong.....

There is a basic rule in life.....if you CANNOT help, at least do NOT condemn....but if you CAN help, then man up & do your best.......THAT is ALL I am asking here.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

Richo1
09-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Hi Ray,

Got PayPal sorted and sent to you this morning, also sent an extra $10 for round 2.

Not good when you hear about people getting shafted.

Cheers

Richo

solemandownunder
09-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Hi Ray,

Got PayPal sorted and sent to you this morning, also sent an extra $10 for round 2.

Not good when you hear about people getting shafted.

Cheers

Richo

Goodonya Richo, thanks for that M8 :)

So we are now up to $40 of the second $100 for Rics' Glass.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

ric
09-08-2013, 09:08 AM
I will be either getting my trailer, or my 12k + interest back.. You can count on that. Its a small world out there, what comes around goes around.

Schulzy
09-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Pm details please??

The facts
09-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi All, I will donate 250.00 towards this. PM me the details.

Justin Rossiter
09-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Whoa, talk about upping the ante !!

solemandownunder
09-08-2013, 02:12 PM

Thank you for such a generous contribution The Facts.

I would rather that you forward such a large sum to Paul himself thanks M8.

Having just spoken to Paul now, he will PM you an invoice for $250 credited to Rics' account.

Once this has been paid, Paul will post the confirmation here in this thread.

Your input under the circumstances is very welcome....

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

solemandownunder
09-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Pm details please??

Schultzy...ur in for $10 M8 ?

The way we are working this is that once we have each $100 worth of pledges, we then give that to Paul on everyones behalf....THEN we will contact all the contributors with the means to be able to pay us for what WE have paid Paul in advance.

Keeps things nice & tidy & above board.

Thanks again, Ray & Kerri.

Schulzy
09-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah mate too easy

solemandownunder
09-08-2013, 02:29 PM
WELL done Schultzy.......Thanks M8,

Ok...as it stands at this point, we are up to $50 of the second $100....in total $700 to be realised.

So far...& up until TheFacts places $250 in Pauls' hands we stand at $150 of the $700 needed...

If TheFacts does this rather quickly, I will call it as $400 received thus far....and start a new tally with only $300 to go...ok.

Thanks everyone and keep it coming :)

Ray & Kerri.

MacDougall
09-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I'll chuck in some. At least a tenner. I'll see how I feel (how drunk I am) by the time you give me the details to make the transfer lol.

solemandownunder
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I'll chuck in some. At least a tenner. I'll see how I feel (how drunk I am) by the time you give me the details to make the transfer lol.

Thanks MacD....every little bit is most appreciated M8.

SMALL amounts add up & by the time we are finished here, at least SOME wrong with righted.

And if I am correct...we now have $60 towards the second $100 :) WELL done guys & gals.

Thanks again, Ray & Kerri.

Shark Poker
09-08-2013, 08:55 PM
$$$ Administrative Meeting, Please, All invited.
So unless anyone has a better idea, I can send all contributors an invoice by email.
The invoice is from my company (sailfish marine windows). And shows company details, ABN etc
Once the $funds are received I can resend the invoice back to you as a receipt, with PAID stamped on it, and notify Ray (solemandownunder) so that he can post an up to date tally.
Obviously the funds are kept towards Rics' account.
Would anybody like to suggest a better way to administer this type of transaction?
Pauly

upstart
09-08-2013, 09:25 PM
I paid by PayPal. Very easy!!
Happy to chip in.

solemandownunder
10-08-2013, 07:20 AM
$$$ Administrative Meeting, Please, All invited.
So unless anyone has a better idea, I can send all contributors an invoice by email.
The invoice is from my company (sailfish marine windows). And shows company details, ABN etc
Once the $funds are received I can resend the invoice back to you as a receipt, with PAID stamped on it, and notify Ray (solemandownunder) so that he can post an up to date tally.
Obviously the funds are kept towards Rics' account.
Would anybody like to suggest a better way to administer this type of transaction?
Pauly

M8 I am happy to go with whatever is the best way here, BUT you would be making a lot of extra work for yourself.

I suggest that you are replying to a post/s that seem to have gotten deleted rather quickly...I just saw them, went back for another look..and..GONE.

It certainly would help if anyone wanted individual receipts for maybe: Tax purposes or if they felt more comfortable paying into Rics' account directly with yourself ?

If you dont mind the extra work here, I am only TOO happy to post the results as we go.

Just to keep things tidy, It would also be my suggestion that we complete round 2 first as we are nearly at target.

Cheers, Ray.

Muddyfeet
10-08-2013, 07:20 PM
While I,m sure Ric is a great guy I am also pretty sure he is not short of a quid if he is building a 7.5m cat. They don't come cheap. It is a noble thing you do Soleman but my $10 will be staying in my pocket. Maybe raise some funds for a more needy cause?

Richo1
10-08-2013, 08:34 PM
If I had the $ I certainly wouldn't be building a boat that's for sure, just go straight out and get a new one! Spent $20 on pizza tonight, no big deal.

solemandownunder
11-08-2013, 03:46 AM
While I,m sure Ric is a great guy I am also pretty sure he is not short of a quid if he is building a 7.5m cat. They don't come cheap. It is a noble thing you do Soleman but my $10 will be staying in my pocket. Maybe raise some funds for a more needy cause?

Thats' ok Muddy...thanks for considering anyway.

Cheers, Ray.

solemandownunder
15-08-2013, 02:41 PM
So...$60 towards the second $100 installment of the $700 target to date.:)

Then, the rest gets handed over to Paul ( Sailfish Marine Windows ) direct.

Just $40 to go......8-)

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

solemandownunder
29-08-2013, 07:27 PM
If I had the $ I certainly wouldn't be building a boat that's for sure, just go straight out and get a new one! Spent $20 on pizza tonight, no big deal.

Thanks for the advance M8...MOST appreciated :)

Ok....it would seem it is time to put this baby to bed....SO....with Richos' prepaid $10 for this round...and our $10...plus the other 3 pledges (one being for $20)....I will now officially shut down this thread.

Early next week, I will give Paully the amount of $60 which he will duly receipt & then we will send the details to the other people concerned for payment.

Thank you all for your support for a M8. THAT is what it is....NO more/NO less.

Thanks...Cheers & Beers, Ray & Kerri.

solemandownunder
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Thanks again for you offer "The Facts"....we know there is a lot happening behind then scenes, so to speak, and we appreciate the sensitivity involved, so no more comments will be made on this thread by ourselves regarding what is in situ.

Is your offer of $250.00 STILL valid ? We would certainly hope so :)

Please PM FatBuoy - Paully, to make the necessary arrangements ASAP to confirm this....OR by your reply here...Paully will Invoice you direct...whatever suits for you.

To this point, $160 has been raised in total....$100 being paid earlier & now the other $60 paid to Paully today & duly receited.

Once "The Facts" has arranged the $250 direct to Paully....the total outcome should be a total of $410 towards the Total of $700 lost for the Glass on Rics' boat.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

solemandownunder
19-09-2013, 08:40 PM
The Facts obviously has no intention of coughing up....8-)

So $160 is the total raised....once Pauly confirms this, We will send out the appropriate details to those that pledged the last $40.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

Shark Poker
19-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes that's correct.
Ray made a special trip to hand over the $60 raised last week.
Pauly

The facts
20-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I have been in direct contact with Ric. Rics trailer is in Brisbane and is off the ship. Only problem is that Leisure Freight & Import have not paid the freight to the shipping line.
Very messy situation. The moderators of this site are to close to the owner of this Company.

Shark Poker
20-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Yes we knew that, but are not mentioning that particular subject on this thread.
Let us not have another case of you and that other company using Ausfish as a battleground for your differences.
Now are you honouring your promise from 9 August ? Please confirm this and I will send you a PM.

By the way, I stated that I would make Ric a custom roof hatch at the start of this thread. It will be finished this coming week.

Pauly

solemandownunder
20-09-2013, 07:52 PM

Simple question The Facts...are you going to honor your word :-?

Yes or no is fine...at least one way or another....

If you have not responded by Monday 23rd, we will ask the mods to lock this thread on the 24th.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

Muddy Toes
20-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Bring on the 24th i say....................

MrNanks
20-09-2013, 11:49 PM
By the way, I stated that I would make Ric a custom roof hatch at the start of this thread. It will be finished this coming week.

Pauly
A very nice offer Paul. It was really nice to catch up with you the other day.
Cheers Dave

The facts
21-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Simple question The Facts...are you going to honor your word :-?

Yes or no is fine...at least one way or another....

If you have not responded by Monday 23rd, we will ask the mods to lock this thread on the 24th.

Thanks, Ray & Kerri.

Lock the thread, I deal direct with Ric

Shark Poker
21-09-2013, 12:36 PM
The Fact is that 'The facts' has chosen not to, or is incapable of , answering a direct Yes/No question.
Hardly an encouraging characteristic for someone who apparently works in a logistic communications role.
Not to mention the small detail of broken promise/ forgotten commitment issue.
The evidence is above.
But this thread, created and seen thru by Ray , will still go down as a very decent and positive AF story.

Captain Seaweed
21-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I hope this works out for Ric and others involved.