PDA

View Full Version : Razerline boats

Seahuff
07-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Was looking at some supercab/centercab models, that caught my eye
Anyone had any experience with these WA plate boats?

Noelm
08-07-2013, 09:32 AM
I guess they are OK, but why not stay on our side of the country and have a look at (say) an Origin? be every bit as good as anything else built in Aus.

Seahuff
08-07-2013, 11:01 AM
I do like the Origins and are at the top of my list, just a bit curious about the Razerlines. There is a 5.3m down the road, I might have see if I can go for a spin in it. A lot easier to test drive cars than boats!!

Sheik
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
the amm from caloundra could be worth a look too, they're a solid little boat

Crunchy
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Go further east again and have a look at the Surtees

Seahuff
08-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Yeah the AMM's look pretty good, got a quote once,bit pricey! Never been in a Surtees , would like to though, how do they rate?

Sheik
08-07-2013, 11:27 PM
yeah im also a fan of the surtees, tough as by the looks of itand certainly by rep. see a good price for a 5.5 with a 100 4pot in QFM this month.

Skusto
09-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Yeah the AMM's look pretty good, got a quote once,bit pricey! Never been in a Surtees , would like to though, how do they rate?

same as a Bar crusher if you have been in one of them?

we have the 560 know called 610 barcrusher and have no complaints at all about them they are a wet boat but that's what the clears are for so stay nice and dry. had it out in some pretty bad seas and always felt safe.

Smithy
09-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Sheik are you talking OMM from Caloundra not AMM from Brendale?

Sent from my ZTE T82 using Tapatalk 2

Seahuff
09-07-2013, 11:27 AM
No, havn't been in a barcrusher either, I assume the Surtees and Barcrusher are virtually the same kind of ride. Seems the Surtees is growing in popularity over here. The Surtees 6.1m gamefisher hardtop looks pretty good, especially if a bit wet.

GBC
09-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Most WA hulls run between 15 and 18 degrees of deadrise. If you want to run big miles fast then maybe not as suited as some east coast stuff.

Crunchy
09-07-2013, 01:16 PM
No, havn't been in a barcrusher either, I assume the Surtees and Barcrusher are virtually the same kind of ride. Seems the Surtees is growing in popularity over here. The Surtees 6.1m gamefisher hardtop looks pretty good, especially if a bit wet.

No not necessarily....they are not the same boat even if they have the same linage

Seahuff
09-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Comparing to the BC, the Surtees go better?

Skusto
10-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I couldn't see any difference on how a surtees would ride better then a bar crusher they are identical hulls the only difference with the surtees is that u can close the ballast underneath to hold water but the bar crusher I am most certain can also do this these days as well. They are the same design surtees used to make them for bar crusher in new zealand until bar crusher wised up that he didn't have that boat design patent over here so they started making the bar crusher using his design over here.

Correct me if im wrong that there is anything different to the hull that the surtees would go better?

ozynorts
10-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I couldn't see any difference on how a surtees would ride better then a bar crusher they are identical hulls the only difference with the surtees is that u can close the ballast underneath to hold water but the bar crusher I am most certain can also do this these days as well. They are the same design surtees used to make them for bar crusher in new zealand until bar crusher wised up that he didn't have that boat design patent over here so they started making the bar crusher using his design over here.

Correct me if im wrong that there is anything different to the hull that the surtees would go better?

I'm not certain but I thought that bar Crusher were making the Surtees in Aust under licence and then went out on their own. Found another forum that seems to confirm it and also some info on changes to the hull design. I have never really looked at them side by side so can't know for certain what the differences are.
http://www.strikehook.com/forum/27-boat-fishing/21071-crawfs-new-toy

Sheik
10-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Sheik are you talking OMM from Caloundra not AMM from Brendale?

Sent from my ZTE T82 using Tapatalk 2
Of course I am Smithy, sorry everyone, I apologise for that, stupidity knows no bounds. I like the OMM at Caloundra and expecially the little MAC 5 looks like a good little boat that I would like to try offshore to see how it goes. Spoke to the crew at boatshow and it is a well priced hull. AMM are also a very good brand according to what I've heard around the traps.
QFM has a list of local boatmakers which is very handy to have. LIsts which boats are made locally and where they are made.
regards Jim

Mr__Bean
10-07-2013, 04:28 PM
If you ask a Victorian, you will get good info and praise on Victorian built boats.

If you ask a Queenslander, you will get good info and praise for Queensland built boats.

You are asking a primarily Queensland forum about a West Australian boat, I doubt many here would have had a true WA Plate Ally boat.

Darren

P.S. If you ask a New South Welshman, you get a sob story over the State of Origin rugby game.

Sheik
10-07-2013, 07:09 PM
If you ask a Victorian, you will get good info and praise on Victorian built boats.

If you ask a Queenslander, you will get good info and praise for Queensland built boats.

You are asking a primarily Queensland forum about a West Australian boat, I doubt many here would have had a true WA Plate Ally boat.

Darren

P.S. If you ask a New South Welshman, you get a sob story over the State of Origin rugby game.
That would be rugby league, not rugby. When you say rugby, you mean rugby union. It's confusing I know, but both are rugby, but if you say "so and so plays rugby" then you are referring to rugby union.
Rugby league is the state of origin where Qld is going for eight straight. Eight!
So to summarise, rugby league is referred to as rugby league or league, but never rugby.
Rugby union is referred to rugby union, union, or rugby.
it's the state of origin rugby league game in just one week, where Qld is going for eight straight. Yes, that's right. Eight.

mhilton
11-07-2013, 08:15 PM
<<<< 7.5m half cab razerline

stue2
11-07-2013, 09:48 PM

I was led to believe that the Surtees is 100mm narrower in the beam than the Barcrusher. according to my neighbour who went from a 6.4 Barcrusher to a 6.7 Surtees at least. He thinks the Surtees is better but it also has a hard top.

cheers
Stu

cobiaman
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Its not a game, its more than that!

tenzing
11-07-2013, 10:26 PM
P.S. If you ask a New South Welshman, you get a sob story over the State of Origin rugby game.[/QUOTE]

I believe that they like to be called New South WelshPERSONS.
That way there are no nasty masculine overtones!
Cheers Brendan
Go The MAROONS 88888888 (eight in a row)