PDA

View Full Version : idle screw for 2001 yamaha 130hp 2 stroke

PixieAU
07-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi all

Motor is due for a service in about 15hrs but was hoping to make do with a small tweak until then.

Motor is occasionally stalling at idle (in gear), real PITA when lining up the trailer to idle on to it.

Thought a minor tweak on the idle screw might see me over until next service. Really only needs an extra 50 - 100 rpm I reckon.

Can anyone point me to the idle screw. Perhaps a photo or screenshot from workshop manual. I'm sure I could locate it eventually but hoping to avoid the 'trial and error' approach.

Thanks in advance.

whiteman
08-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Small stainless screws with tension springs around the threads located at the top of each carberator next to the brass coloured plug.

Gazza
08-07-2013, 02:16 PM
M8 , if idle specs are "suss" why not just use your "fast idle" lever temporarily.

Spaniard_King
08-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Small stainless screws with tension springs around the threads located at the top of each carberator next to the brass coloured plug.

130 only has 1 idle screw so ???????????????????

STBD side of carbies the screw in question needs a small flat blade screw driver to be inserted from the top of the carbies and screwed down to increase RPM it is stainless steel and will have a spring between the screw head and the carby body

PixieAU
08-07-2013, 06:13 PM
thanks Spaniard, do you do services northern suburbs of Brisbane as well as trailer service?

Gazza, its when it idles in gear and the throttle lever doesn't work in gear.

Spaniard_King
08-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Jim McKinnon is your man "Aqua Mobile Marine" as good as ya get

PixieAU
12-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Jim McKinnon is your man "Aqua Mobile Marine" as good as ya get

thanks man. will look him up when the time ticks over