PDA

View Full Version : opinions please

hally
03-07-2013, 07:17 PM
looking at buying a new boat,actually looking at 3, tabs jumbo 5.4 converted to a side console,tabs territory pro 5.1 side console and formosa 5.2 side console all with max horsepower and all brand new.My problem is which one as they have all got good points.Most of my fishing is in moreton bay, estuary,but i would like to do a little offshore work.So any opinions on these boats are appreciated. :-? cheers hally

Mrs Ronnie H
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi
We own a Formosa 5.2 runabout and love it. Brother has 5.5 centre console and i love it as well. They handle well and Bro and i often go out to Banks and stay overnight. We have a 90hp suzuki on ours ,Bro has 115 suzi.

Mrs H

bf90
03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I have a 5.4 tabs half cab southerner, 8 out of 10 trips is off shore work for me, the rest is in the bay. It is a great boat, if you want to go for a spin in the drink to see what the tabs is like, drop me a line. Cheers, Brad.

Noelm
04-07-2013, 11:22 AM
you have done the hard part, deciding what you actually want, so... now all you have to do is get the best deal you can, all of those boats mentioned are as good as each other, pick the one that has the most 'stuff" for the price.

NAGG
04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
If you are considering a TABS - I would look at a Seajay Striker (Plate Xtreme) .... they do both a 5.1 & 5.6m

Certainly a good choice if you want to do the offshore work ....

Chris