PDA

View Full Version : Techni Ice 200L long (mack esky) review.

Nicko_Cairns
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Review postponed until tomorrow as I was crook today, the esky arrived at work and my wife left it there!! Wife will be placed on classifieds later!

Seriously though she's a good girl for whacking it on a trolley and leaving it at my desk (although, the car park is about the same distance...) :)

Apparently it's "huge" and "blue", with protective strips underneath so far so good for a $212.50 esky including postage.

No holds barred review here tomorrow, as long as my wife doesn't see this post ;)

Spiderpig
03-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Will she fit in it?

Nicko_Cairns
03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Will she fit in it?

I am more concerned will bits of my body fit in it ;)

DaveNkelly
06-07-2013, 01:09 PM
They are worth every cent.. I will never buy another brand again.. Ice may not last as long as they say it will up our way but if u leave it in the shade you will get a number of days.. even in full sun one the boat. it will stay good for a day or 2..
depending on how many fish you get I guess..

Nicko_Cairns
06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Unfortunately they sent me the wrong model, the 200L square rather than the 200L long and I've just noticed on their eBay page that I have to cover the return postage even though it's their mistake ($65) stuff that! I've emailed them and have put that esky up for sale at cost price for anyone from Ausfish (who fishes out of Cairns thread), it's a bargain I think.

So anyway will see what they say. Haven't taken the wrapping off the esky as I'm selling it, but it looks like a very well priced esky and looks like quality, considering the eskys in my local hardware stores are poorer quality and priced more, crazy!

DaveNkelly
06-07-2013, 01:50 PM
spewin,

It's worth getting another one.. they are top notch..

I get back from work in a week . if U still have it i'll ask around if anyone is interested

Gon Fishun
06-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Did you buy it from Unbelievablycool on Ebay NC?

Cav(J.C.)
06-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Did You buy direct from Tecni ice or from a dealer on ebay?
I had a minor problem with a large ice box which was over two years old, and they replaced it. Payed for transport both ways through Aus. post.
Most reputable company I've ever dealt with.
Cav(J.C.)

Nicko_Cairns
06-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Thanks Dave.

spewin,

It's worth getting another one.. they are top notch..

I get back from work in a week . if U still have it i'll ask around if anyone is interested

Nicko_Cairns
06-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Did you buy it from Unbelievablycool on Ebay NC?

Yes mate. Their fleabay account i Think, cheers.

Nicko_Cairns
06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
From them off fleabay mate, not too concerned as i think I'll sell it easily but have emailed the, anyway to let the, know, cheers.

Did You buy direct from Tecni ice or from a dealer on ebay?
I had a minor problem with a large ice box which was over two years old, and they replaced it. Payed for transport both ways through Aus. post.
Most reputable company I've ever dealt with.
Cav(J.C.)

Nicko_Cairns
08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Okay so I got an email from techniice today, they acknowledged the mistake and are sending me a new esky and paying for postage. I said I'd keep the current esky rather than pay $65 to send it back, so getting my new mack esky for $147.50 pretty happy with that, excellent service despite the initial mistake and a pleasure to deal with.

So.. Two esky reviews will happen, 200L SQR (Square) and 200L Long (mack style). Then i,ll throw the 200L SQR onto the classifieds at cost price. It would be a great esky for reefies on a larger boat.

Reviews next week when the mack esky arrives.

Cheers.

Nicko_Cairns
09-07-2013, 01:26 PM
So a bit days of our lives..but here’s an update.

1. – if you read nothing else, I’m incredibly impressed with the service from techniice and highly recommend them. The initial esky seems great and very well constructed and I’m sure that the second esky will too… full review of both eskys to follow once the mack esky arrives.

Apparently the “buyer pays” part on the eBay website phrased incorrectly, it is purely a change of mind policy, so if you order an esky and then want a different model then you’d pay for postage. In my instance the esky was the wrong model sent to me, so techniice would normally cover return costs, and provide a replacement. In this instance I told them to save their $$ as the esky is a good price and good size for reefies etc and I should sell it easily up here and I’ve already advertised it.

So they’ve sent the correct model esky to me minus postage, plus a bonus cool bag and rod holder as an apology. They also gave me a price reduction on the replacement esky and phoned to apologise for the wrong esky being sent. Talk about great service, I’m very impressed with them (and their eskys).

Cheers.

Nicko_Cairns
15-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Ok, the mack sized 200L-Long esky has arrived, props to Techni ice for their professionalism and excellent service. It ripped off the shipping bubblewrap and my first impression is that this is a solid well made esky for a very decent price.

I haven't seen a better proportioned mack esky around (yet), ideal for macks and will fit plenty of reefies in too.

Full review to come over the next couple of days.

Nicko_Cairns
16-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi guys,

Full review is here: http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?193701-Review-Techniice-200-litre-long-%28mack%29-esky.&p=1492844#post1492844

Cheers,

Nick.