PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Friday 12th or sat 13th

lucee81
03-07-2013, 10:33 AM
In looking at heading to the Gold Coast next weekend and wondering if there is any restaurants or cafe that u can pull the boat up to and have lunch.

JulianDeMarchi
03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.harrigansdriftinn.com.au/index.html

It's near jacobs well, but only a 30 mins cruise from the goldie... Very nice pub, I'd recommend the seafood tower..

thelump
03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
The newish Café(licensed) at Tipplers has pretty good food.

lucee81
03-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I've been there a few times and very nice food every time.

lucee81
03-07-2013, 10:43 AM

I don't even know where tipplers is. Please explain

Muddy Toes
03-07-2013, 10:51 AM

What was that old beach shack joint that was around there?

That was pretty cool to run a muck at.

lucee81
03-07-2013, 10:59 AM

Red cordial and cheese sticks is not running a muck.

Muddy Toes
03-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Try it.......

JulianDeMarchi
03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't even know where tipplers is. Please explain

Sth Straddie near millionaires road. http://www.mystraddie.com.au/

Nice camping there, very family friendly. when I take my 5yr old nephew out, its a great place to stop as they have children's play area.

thelump
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM

From my vague memory that may have been the original tipplers tavern? Had a pool etc? That is still there barricaded off but they have a Café hanging off the side of it now. Bit expensive but as Julian said great spot for camping and the kids have a ball down there.

Andy H
03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
If you want to be really posh you can pull up at Marina Mirage and eat in the resturants there. Everything from Macca's to Max Brenner.

grinner2
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
How about taken a bag of mixed seafood & some crusty rolls .....Pull up for lunch .... leave line in water ... eat seafood ... through shells back in as burley .... & catch fish .Top off with a Goldie or 2 down the Goldie .

thelump
03-07-2013, 01:00 PM
How about taken a bag of mixed seafood & some crusty rolls .....Pull up for lunch .... leave line in water ... eat seafood ... through shells back in as burley .... & catch fish .Top off with a Goldie or 2 down the Goldie .

He need to spend as little time on the boat as possible. The threat of electrocution is too high on that vessel!

lucee81
03-07-2013, 01:33 PM
He need to spend as little time on the boat as possible. The threat of electrocution is too high on that vessel!

Haven't you heard, the boat is actually very safe and rewired neat and tidy. Secondly the boat was never unsafe. How does messy wire constitute as unsafe?
I think I will take the posh route due to weather and having my boy onboard.

Also know a little spot in the broad water thy I get leather jackets from. Hmmm.
A day of teaching the young fella how to fish.