PDA

View Full Version : Bay wind conditions

braders83
03-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Hi all
Planning a trip to moreton bay around peel or mud as a starter this coming Sunday through to the Tuesday. Had a look at wind conditions on willy weather and its forecast between the 10-15 knot mark. Is this still fish able without being uncomfortable in a 5m runabout?
Might postpone if it won't be enjoyable. Any advice would be great.
Cheers,
Braders.

gaz066
03-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Braders , the forecast currently looks like 15-20 knots from Sunday lunch onward thru to Tuesday , not much fun , if it were me I would be looking for more sheltered water like Jumpinpin

cheers Parksy

Crunchy
03-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Its looking perfect at this point but of course you need to check closer to the time. 15N can be quite uncomfortable from my experience....

SummerTrance
03-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeh the current forecast for Sunday is now 5-10 knots and fine weather. Perfect bay conditions. If that forecast stays the same there will be a billion boats out there, but hey, better than not going.

Moonlighter
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
The run to Peel is very much affected by tides.

There is quite a strong current to the north on a run out tide, and opposite on the run in.

If you get wind against tide, it can and does get pretty ugly between Cleveland and Peel. But then when the tide changes, it will also change quickly and suddenly be very easy going.

So factor that into you decision as well.

I have had plenty of days where we have been offshore, weather great, and we have run all the way bach from the 35's at 4500rpm in the Surtees 5.5 only to come out from behind Peel for the final stretch to Cleveland, and had to back right off and slow down for the last 5kms into Raby Bay. Bizarre stuff, and all because of tide vs wind.

braders83
03-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Cheers fellas will keep an eye on the forecasts and bear all that in mind!