PDA

View Full Version : Pre Purchase Inspection - Melbourne - recommendations

bradz
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Hi guys
I am about to put an offer on a boat in Melbourne. As such I am looking to get it inspected.
Can anyone recommend someone to me?
I am based in Perth and obviously cant see the boat myself so will be trusting the good folk of Victoria on on this one.
Cheers
Brad
PM or 0438857955

Jarrah Jack
01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
What part of Melb,if it East or S E I'll put you onto someone.

bradz
01-07-2013, 05:44 PM
The boat is located in Vermont.

Jarrah Jack
01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Ring Alan Heib 0424315112 He's an outboard mechanic. If he can't help he may know someone who can.

bradz
01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the info. I will give him a call.
If there are any other recommedations I would appreciate it.

Kind regards
Brad

frosti
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
i only live close to vermont , i can give a good visual but not mechanical inspection

Shark Poker
02-07-2013, 02:49 PM
What sort of boat is it?
Would not that detail steer you in a certain direction?
Do you need the hull and trailer inspected, does it live in the water? What type of engines - o/b or shaft?
And while at it, why not invite any helpful comments from Ausfish Members?

Pauly

(Am Currently working on an improved pre-purchase procedure...)

bradz
08-07-2013, 11:52 PM
I contacted AJ Marine to arrange the inspection...and Alistair was very helpful. Unfortunately the dealer decided to sell the boat out from under me. I booked the inspection last Wednesday for this morning. When I got to work at 8am this morning I see an email that says "sorry Brad, we sold it on the weekend". The buggers didnt even have the courtesy to call me (yes, they had all of my details) to see if I would counter.

What was most upsetting is that we had negotiated a price and arranged the inspection. Not once did he ask for the deposit. Seeing as I was getting it for a really good price I reckon thats why he didnt want a deposit. Looks as though he may have shopped my price around for a better offer.

Jarrah Jack
09-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Thats how it goes with the market place. There's always a chance someone will buy out from under you.

frosti
09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
who was the dealer ?

bradz
10-07-2013, 02:54 PM
I would love to say but not sure if I should.
They didnt do anything illegal...just very imorral.
If you are keen to know I will happily PM but wont post it here.
As bitter as I am, because the boat was a bloody good deal, I need to just get over it and find another boat.

who was the dealer ?

Shark Poker
10-07-2013, 05:36 PM
If you made an offer, subject to an un-identified 3rd party inspection sometime, and with no deposit or Agreement pwk in place, this was a big possibility.

But if there was a contract, deposit etc "subject to check" within a timeframe, then they should not have sold it or even spent any time discussing that rig with a buyer.

Pauly

sleddog
10-07-2013, 05:43 PM
who was the dealer ?

Was it Regal Marine?

chocolatemoose
10-07-2013, 07:00 PM
back in the trading post days that happened often. but at the end of the day if the seller is selling something , i guess they needed it gone. sold asap. i sold a swiftcraft searunner in mesuem quality with all the goodies for 2,500 because i was moving over seas to live in the USA because thats all i had time to get.

maybe something better will come around :)

bradz
10-07-2013, 11:55 PM
I wont comment publicly on who it was.

fisho64
02-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Ive long since learnt-it aint sold til its sold. And while its disappointing to miss out I do make sure I tell people that during the process.
Look at the other side Bradze. If your boat is on consignment and you found that the dealer had foregone a better offer for one with no deposit subject to an inspection, well Id be pissed off.