PDA

View Full Version : Boat Stolen today from yard Raby Bay...

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Stolen today from yard in Raby Bay in broad daylight, pics taken by neighbour while in progress.

The boat is a Polycraft 6m with a 140 hp Suzuki outboard with a grey bimini. Trailer is a slide, no rollers.

If anyone knows anything or these people in the pic can they please contact the police.

ozynorts
27-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I hope the neighbour also got the rego details for the cops. I hope that you get the boat back mate.

Muddy Toes
27-06-2013, 07:34 PM
No way hey?

2 guys in broad day light not trying to hide their faces, car with number plate clearly visible, dude across the road suspects something could be amiss but doesn't ask questions.

So whats the real story?

part time
27-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Hi mate,
Great neighbour you will owe him a beer or three, I like your chances of getting your pride and joy back. I live close any worry about this happening to myself or one of mate close mates.
Keeping an eye out for these grubs and will assist if seen

Regards
Part Time

ozynorts
27-06-2013, 07:36 PM
A white ute too, I am sure that was the vehicle description of the boats on the sunny coast.

SummerTrance
27-06-2013, 07:39 PM
They look like personalised plates. Unless that ute is stolen these f###s should hopefully get caught, and hopefuuly your boat returned

thelump
27-06-2013, 07:39 PM
What happened to your Baysport Anthony? Or is this a friends boat?

SummerTrance
27-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Toyota Hilux 091 MVT

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 07:43 PM
I hope the neighbour also got the rego details for the cops. I hope that you get the boat back mate.

It is our daughters friend and they have the rego and my daughter just did some digging and its registered to a company called MVT.

The people who took the pic were elderly neighbours who thought that was the best thing to do. Hopefully with the pics circulating around quickly they might some hope of getting it back.

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 07:45 PM
What happened to your Baysport Anthony? Or is this a friends boat?

No not my boat, I park a car in front of it to make it harder on them.

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 07:47 PM

The neighbours are elderly and did the best thing taking pics and not risking getting hurt. Hopefully it will be the pics that gets these mongrels caught.

astro66
27-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Macleay Valley Transport not far down to kempsey....

PixieAU
27-06-2013, 07:58 PM
watching this thread keenly to see justice served

oldie
27-06-2013, 07:59 PM
look at these scum of the earth would ya absolute bottom feeders! Go get a f**kn job you fa$$ots! Really hope they catch them and get it back for ya,

I bought a boat off someone who had it stolen then cops found the thieves fishing out of it in Brisbane! they got it back which is lucky but were over the whole thing after that, i scored a good cast net and couple fishing rods that the scum left in the boat too!

astro66
27-06-2013, 08:02 PM
i would be ringing MVT and asking were ute 91 is.....they look like movers/truckies...might be nothing....

oldie
27-06-2013, 08:02 PM
are we sure its stolen and not sold or getting picked up by friend? seems to easily organised

Could it of been a repo?

part time
27-06-2013, 08:03 PM
These guys are kidding if it isn't stolen, if not i would suggest that they travel the coast doing this for a job. GRUBS of the Earth, hope they catch them before they rip another bloke off.

Part Time

Aussie123
27-06-2013, 08:07 PM
If those plates do stand for Macleay Valley Transport they have a depot in Carole Park so maybe the vehicle and/or boat is there.

Depots
399 Pacific Hwy, Kempsey 2440 (http://www.whogoeswhere.com/directory/location/new-south-wales/victoria/melbourne/macleay-valley-transport-pl/5321/#1148)
10 Allen Pl, Wetherill Park 2164 (http://www.whogoeswhere.com/directory/location/new-south-wales/victoria/melbourne/macleay-valley-transport-pl/5321/#3165)
230 Rodeo Dr, Macksville 2447 (http://www.whogoeswhere.com/directory/location/new-south-wales/victoria/melbourne/macleay-valley-transport-pl/5321/#3905)
c/- Mackay Haulage, 34 Antimony St, Carole Park 4300 (http://www.whogoeswhere.com/directory/location/new-south-wales/victoria/melbourne/macleay-valley-transport-pl/5321/#3906)

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 08:20 PM
are we sure its stolen and not sold or getting picked up by friend? seems to easily organised

Could it of been a repo?

It has been stolen and police have been notified.

I caught someone staking out my boat and have parked a car in front of it since to make it a bit harder.

oldie
27-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Wow So Brazen this is crazy to see it happening in relevant photos like my earlier comment Scum of the earth

It has been stolen and police have been notified.

I caught someone staking out my boat and have parked a car in front of it since to make it a bit harder.

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Would be an easy way to move it, could be stolen plates or ute too.

AnthonyL
27-06-2013, 09:23 PM
look at these scum of the earth would ya absolute bottom feeders! Go get a f**kn job you fa$$ots! Really hope they catch them and get it back for ya,

I bought a boat off someone who had it stolen then cops found the thieves fishing out of it in Brisbane! they got it back which is lucky but were over the whole thing after that, i scored a good cast net and couple fishing rods that the scum left in the boat too!

I agree and its a good reminder how low some people are to do that in daylight, probably not their first rodeo.

wags on the water
27-06-2013, 11:16 PM

If it was one of their cars, wouldn't it have NSW plates?

astro66
28-06-2013, 06:21 AM
they are a transport company...they have an office in cairns i think...not saying its them...i just know the mvt from when i lived in the maclay valley....
just saying its worth ringing there office to see if they have a hilux ute with that rego....cops would be all over it anyway unless the ute/plates are stolen

Homer_Jay
28-06-2013, 08:39 AM
If it is anything like when my car was stolen (out of a locked garage at home) the cops won't give a rats.

I would keep investigating myself just in case.

myusernam
28-06-2013, 08:56 AM
i would have thought the cops should be able to find them with that number plate.
Keep us posted!

Originboats
28-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Jarrah Jack
28-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Both boats were territory style boats.

Triple
28-06-2013, 10:32 AM
The pics are doing the rounds on Facebook so hopefully someone finds the boat before its relocated or burnt out to hide evidence. Also really hopeful that someone finds the thieves before the cops do... >:(

wags on the water
28-06-2013, 10:46 AM
The pics are doing the rounds on Facebook so hopefully someone finds the boat before its relocated or burnt out to hide evidence. Also really hopeful that someone finds the thieves before the cops do... >:(

Shared on FB (with authority from Anthony) to spread the word. If you could share it on your page too it would be appreciated.

becka85
28-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Wow the nerve of these idiots Hoping the boat gets returned

Chang Jiang
28-06-2013, 11:46 AM
would look good on tonights news

AnthonyL
28-06-2013, 03:31 PM
i would have thought the cops should be able to find them with that number plate.
Keep us posted!

I hope they manage to crack this case when they have been supplied with pics of the theft in progress and were called while it was in progress. The pics have the rego number and a couple of good pics of the guys, which they could blow up.

I don't think they get this level of info very often so if they don't solve it there is no hope for others who get ripped off.

The home owners were home all day then went out for a couple of hours and boat was gone when they got home so they must have been watched.

I had someone pull up a few times looking at my boat a while back as it in my front yard and we are on corner of a main road. I got paranoid so parked an old car in front of it just to make it a bit more difficult.

TREVELLY
28-06-2013, 03:55 PM
If you are paranoid do post 1

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?176813-Improving-a-Dunbier

do hope they get the parasites!

dogsbody
28-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Not necessarily transport company rego, could be blokes initials

bazza65
28-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Surely this incident and photos has to be aired on the 6 pm news. Someone will recognise these thieves.
bazza.

Giveitacrack
28-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I knew a bloke who had his boat stolen a few years back at Narangba.They had to cut a chain to a post,another lock on the hitch.The neighbours across the road seen them but these blokes were loading fishing rods,esky's etc into the boat as cover.They even waved to the neighbours who said they waved back as they thought they were borrowing the boat.Hope the cop's throw the book at these grubs when they are caught.

AnthonyL
28-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Not necessarily transport company rego, could be blokes initials

Cops said it is registered to a business but wouldn't give any more info.

TREVELLY
28-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Cops said it is registered to a business but wouldn't give any more info.

Me thinks the boys were working on the wrong job

Almako
28-06-2013, 07:59 PM
How do I share this to Facebook ?

wags on the water
28-06-2013, 08:54 PM
How do I share this to Facebook ?

You can find the details and photos on the Offshore fishing SEQ page, Fishing central Qld page or my page.

wayno60
28-06-2013, 11:23 PM
its already on face book mate.

Shark Poker
29-06-2013, 07:08 PM
A guy I know works for QLD Police told me, while we were discussing a break and enter and stealing of an entire of an ATM from a local supermarket, that the "suspects" did not even cover their faces....
Apparently the penalties are so light.....

oldie
29-06-2013, 07:23 PM
shoot the bastards or at least cut one finger off per charge

Jeff72
29-06-2013, 10:00 PM
I am so sick of unlocking locks at my place that i keep saying to the missus that if i catch someone in the act i fear my actions thereafter. The penalties for these acts are so leniant IMHO that there is virtually no deterent. I really hope they find your pride and joy in good nick or your insurance comes to the party so you can move on. Good on your neighbours across the road. I dont blame them for not confronting the scumbags given their age. I feel sick looking at the photos i must admit.

bazza65
30-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Anthony,
Just because a person holds the registration papers [even if it is in their name] it does not prove ownership of that vehicle or vessel.
bazza

astro66
30-06-2013, 07:20 AM
the police dont want to help...i have these young guys 18/19 jumping my fence and stuff dissapearing...
i have caught them in the act and have rang the police only to be told its such a minor crime if i touch them at all no i cant even hold them till the cops get there....i will be charged with assult i mean wtf is that....if they get caught a guy with a mask will be dealing justice...dont know who he is

Andy H
30-06-2013, 07:54 AM
[/QUOTE] if they get caught a guy with a mask will be dealing justice...dont know who he is[/QUOTE]

That would be Batman. No one knows who he is.

Originboats
30-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I just noticed on Face book another one stolen yesterday from Wello Point, centre console home built platey, looks like a 140 SUZI on it.........

LittleSkipper
30-06-2013, 08:38 AM
A very brazen theft I must say?

Looking at those pics makes me think that could be my Polycraft that gets stolen one day?

I already have 3 locks on my trailer, 1 wheel clamp and 2 locks on the hitch.

Even that probably would not deter the most brazen thief with advancements in cordless power tool technology?

Bastards! I hope they get attacked by a billion fire ants?

Axl
30-06-2013, 09:20 AM
A very brazen theft I must say?

Looking at those pics makes me think that could be my Polycraft that gets stolen one day?

I already have 3 locks on my trailer, 1 wheel clamp and 2 locks on the hitch.

Even that probably would not deter the most brazen thief with advancements in cordless power tool technology?

Bastards! I hope they get attacked by a billion fire ants?

I sincerly hope they catch these pricks, but I must ask did it have any locks on it as LittleSkipper has mentioned above?

My boat is out the back of my house to get to it you have to go under the house no side access, my front gate is padlocked the camper trailer sits in front off it as does my 4X4 and the wifes Commodore all gaurded by a 65kg Bull Mastiff and it stills has a hitch lock on it at all times.

Whilst I understand that these type of attachments wont stop the thieves it will certainly slow them down and they cant be removed (cut off) without making some sort of noise.

SummerTrance
30-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Yep the boat in the OP had a hitch lock and a chain and padlock

Axl
30-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Yep the boat in the OP had a hitch lock and a chain and padlock

I've just read this post from start to finish again and there is no mention of a lock anywhere.....

Bros
30-06-2013, 10:27 AM
The people who took the pic were elderly neighbours who thought that was the best thing to do. Hopefully with the pics circulating around quickly they might some hope of getting it back.

I've seen on some forums of people complaining about their elderly neighbours stickbeaking. Well as far as that goes they are the best people to have if you can put up with peeping from behind curtains as they won't miss much. Our society in cities have now evolved to be living behind high fences and not even knowing who their neighbour is so someone taking a boat, caravan, camper etc won't arouse suspicion. It pays to keep on good terms with your neighbours especially the elderly stickbeak types but you have to put up with their eccentric ways, who knows you could end up being like them when you get old.
The thieves in the photo took the boat with the least possible risk in broad daylight and would have used a cordless bolt cutter that would make no noise and arouse suspicion.

glassout
30-06-2013, 08:06 PM
the police dont want to help...i have these young guys 18/19 jumping my fence and stuff dissapearing...
i have caught them in the act and have rang the police only to be told its such a minor crime if i touch them at all no i cant even hold them till the cops get there....i will be charged with assult i mean wtf is that....if they get caught a guy with a mask will be dealing justice...dont know who he is

What if a dog grabs them and holds them till the cops get there?

Dave_H
30-06-2013, 09:01 PM
What if a dog grabs them and holds them till the cops get there?

When we lived in Mt Isa for a while my 35kg Blue Cattle Dog did just that when some local kid thought our downstairs front window was an excellent place to enter our house while we were asleep upstairs. All the local copper did was put a requirement on the animal that it be assessed for its temperament by the local vet to see if it should be deemed a dangerous dog. The vet laughed out loud when I explained it to him and asked if I thought we should give the dog antibiotics owing to exactly what area of the 14 year old kid he had hold of instead....

All you have to do is ensure that the copper is aware that you didn't actually set the dog on the intruder (that the dog only did what it did off its own bat). You are legally entitled to detain an intruder that has entered your property unlawfully or for unlawful actions (ie; in the process of either tampering or removing something from your property) as long as they have not since left your premises as long as you immediately inform the police you are holding the perpetrator. Whomever informed a previous poster that it was assault to do so is wrong - unless of course you use excessive force to do so. Any magistrate will throw it out and there are plenty of precedents of this happening if it ever goes that far.

Crunchy
30-06-2013, 10:07 PM
New laws state that your only option when dealing with an intruder is to make them a cuppa tea and council them on their unhappy childhood, any other action will result in a prosecution....yours!

wags on the water
01-07-2013, 12:30 AM
I've just read this post from start to finish again and there is no mention of a lock anywhere.....

Axl, we've had the owners of the boat contact us via FB and provide us with extra information. The boat and trailer were locked up.

Further to this, Guys, found out today the plates on the ute were duplicated, so it's bad news for the owners of the boat as the papertrail has now gone cold. The car registered to the original plates is somewhat different to the one pictured and the vehicle and driver were both accounted for at the time this boat was stolen. So let's let the QPS continue with their investigation and leave the accusations out of it please.

TREVELLY
01-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Further to this, Guys, found out today the plates on the ute were duplicated, so it's bad news for the owners of the boat as the papertrail has now gone cold.

What a bummer on the plates - did not know that was the done thing these days - wow.

I still reckon if these were high resolution pics why have there not been nice close up shots of the faces to allow identification from the population - they can be identified from face plates!

wags on the water
01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
What a bummer on the plates - did not know that was the done thing these days - wow.

I still reckon if these were high resolution pics why have there not been nice close up shots of the faces to allow identification from the population - they can be identified from face plates!

We are now dabbling into a world which I know nothing about - maybe one for the tv shows - CSI Raby Bay or CSI Cleveland....how about CSI Ausfish?

It's unfortunate that this thievery has occurred, but suggesting ways to catch crims on here is pointless unless the QPS troll these sites looking for new ideas.

WalrusLike
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
...... but suggesting ways to catch crims on here is pointless unless the QPS troll these sites looking for new ideas.

Probably true... but you never know. I am sure a lot if coppers are boaties. If they are on here a thread like this might interest them. Who knows what may come of the discussion.

I don't use Facebook.... but doesn't it have face recognition? If you post their faces does it ask someone to tag em?

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Bros
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Further to this, Guys, found out today the plates on the ute were duplicated, so it's bad news for the owners of the boat as the papertrail has now gone cold. The car registered to the original plates is somewhat different to the one pictured and the vehicle and driver were both accounted for at the time this boat was stolen. So let's let the QPS continue with their investigation and leave the accusations out of it please.

Highly likely they have done this before and the boat is to fulfil an order somewhere.

wayno60
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
im going with a gps tracker in my boat. as soon as it moves from my address it sends a signal to the mob and I can track where the boat go's. to frikin easy...

Angryant
01-07-2013, 06:22 PM
im going with a gps tracker in my boat. as soon as it moves from my address it sends a signal to the mob and I can track where the boat go's. to frikin easy...

That's exactly what I have done - GPS and a movement alarm.

fishing111
01-07-2013, 07:00 PM
deleted.........................

Horse
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM
These low life scum need to be dealt with. Perhaps we can come up with a system where these perpetrators can make a positive contribution to our artificial reef infrastructure via a pair of cement boots

Muddy Toes
01-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm seriously willing to use my boat as bait to catch someone. Might be a tad big putting it in the ' too hard ' basket for a lot of opportunistic theirs but it could be fun. Where's a good place we can put it to bait someone?

cobiaman
01-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Lucas's house could be a good start?

wayno60
01-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Deleted.......

Giffo65
01-07-2013, 07:58 PM
So what you thinking Horse,when they are caught,we have a Austfish Meet and Beat !lol

wayno60
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
cracked me up...

MEGA'bite
02-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Don't be surprised if these a*&holes scan this site, most of us give details of our boats on here, and the area we live in, just be wary.

Adrian

bigjudge
02-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Fellas with today technology, should be able to zome in on the di..head standing at the back of the ute for positive ID.If the said morons are caught count me in on the meet and beat,meet and bruise,meet and break,but just remember never get angry get even,Im sure they own something they treasure.I just hope you get the boat back...
CHEERS AND BEERS.

ozscott
02-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Do anything about them but if you get past the Chinglish instructions are these the go?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Vehicle-Tracker-Tracking-Device-for-GSM-GPRS-GPS-/221096768434?pt=AU_Electronics_GPS&hash=item337a64f3b2

Cheers

PS. I would wire it independently of the main battery switch. If I was knocking off a boat I would pull the battery leads off first, but if I couldn't easily get to them (as in my case) I would turn off the battery isolation switch - hence the need to wire it separately. If you wanted to get really cunning you hide/disguise the aerials and use a small rechargeable battery and solar panel and it just keeps chugging away...

four_button_arnie
03-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Giffo don't go telling Muddy it's a 'Meet and Beat' he might get the wrong idea.....;)

Josh

Muddy Toes
03-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Meat and beat?

dave572123
03-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Jimboomba times today. Hope it's not th boat 94358

oldie
03-07-2013, 08:30 PM
honestly reading that makes me think maybe they did see or hear of this thread and had no way out only to burn it, as bad as it sounds I hope this is the case as i feel this is a break through and they may be thinking twice about their choice of profession now that Australia wide has been notified thru social media and also these sites

Mr__Bean
05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Any further info?

There are many of us interested.

Darren

Bruce William Davis
18-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Guys,
Last night the Edgewater Villas marina was done over. I think it was 8 boats in total that were broken in to. My 30 ft Bayliner fly bridge was one of them. They broke a window and got in. Stole all my favorite fishing gear. Wet jackets.LED torches. Tackle. Clothing and other jackets. About $7000 all up. Absolute low life's. They weren't interested in electronics. They didn't touch GPS sounders or radios etc

wayno60
19-07-2013, 05:18 PM
BWD, so they woiuld have come in by boat???? No security or cams around the marina??

wayno60
19-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Scotty,

I would wire it independently of the main battery switch. If I was knocking off a boat I would pull the battery leads off first, but if I couldn't easily get to them (as in my case) I would turn off the battery isolation switch - hence the need to wire it separately. If you wanted to get really cunning you hide/disguise the aerials and use a small rechargeable battery and solar panel and it just keeps chugging away...

I know your only trying to help but why tell the dumb Ass's how to knock off our boats? The amount that go Bye bye i dont think they need any help.

ozscott
19-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I thought about that before I posted. I would hope that the benefits outweigh the possibility of a would be thief reading this thread. Can't keep everyone happy all of the time. If the device is well hidden it should make life difficult for them.

Cheers

Bruce William Davis
20-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Turns out the police got a good fingerprint off my boat and immediately matched it to a 15yr old from up Ipswich way. It looks like they might catch them. But as we all know at 15 he will probably get away with stuff all

AnthonyL
23-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Any further info?

There are many of us interested.

Darren

The plates were copied.

Bruce William Davis
23-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Although they have a matching fingerprint apparently nothing has happened yet. They say they need more evidence.

MrNanks
23-07-2013, 09:29 PM
The average good person would be happy to lock the pricks up for a while but the frigging civil libertarians and do gooders will find a reason why the little prick cant be locked up. A massive problem being created for society. I called in a suspected break and enter this afternoon. I hope they caught them red handed.
I still think a M and B is a good idea. Cheers and good luck

MTAQ/BTAQ
24-07-2013, 08:08 AM
I had a jet ski on a trailer stolen from the back of my car at Scarborough about 12 months ago - I was 50 meters away talking to a friend on the jetty - we spotted the thief, about 3 of us gave chase in our cars, one guy towing a boat was in the chase as well - we caught up with the thief but he jammed on the brakes and dropped the ski on the road which blocked our path and the opposing traffic meant he got away.

However, we have all this on video from an I phone - we have his car, we have his number plate, we have him on video - we handed this to the boys in blue - I have heard nothing since - I am just happy to get the ski back, it now has a trailer lock on it everywhere it goes.

Justin Rossiter
24-07-2013, 08:29 AM
I suppose that is one good thing about living in Tassie, if you knock off a boat you better make sure it is suitable to cross Bass Strait....

RayLamp
24-07-2013, 12:36 PM
I had a jet ski on a trailer stolen from the back of my car at Scarborough about 12 months ago - I was 50 meters away talking to a friend on the jetty - we spotted the thief, about 3 of us gave chase in our cars, one guy towing a boat was in the chase as well - we caught up with the thief but he jammed on the brakes and dropped the ski on the road which blocked our path and the opposing traffic meant he got away.

However, we have all this on video from an I phone - we have his car, we have his number plate, we have him on video - we handed this to the boys in blue - I have heard nothing since - I am just happy to get the ski back, it now has a trailer lock on it everywhere it goes.

When you have several witnesses and video footage, and the police don't do a thing about it - you wonder why the police are even in existence???

Triple
16-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Any updates?

coopersman
16-03-2014, 10:17 AM
:-[ not good hope u find it