PDA

View Full Version : Buying my 1st boat!!!

Jonny1
26-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi guy's, I'm looking for an brand new all rounder boat, I reckon I would mainly be fishing in the bay and up creeks but would like the option off going to inner shore reefs when weather/swells permitting. Like the idea of a centre console, price bracket around $25K, I've a couple of boats in mind, Bluefin Wrangler 480, Formosa 455 CC and Quintrex 460 Renegade. Anyone got any other idea's or herd of good/bad reports on some of these models?

Cheers, Jonny

Shark Poker
26-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Buying your first boat.......
DON'T DO IT!!
( Just joking, really.)
I suggest that you have a good look at the Formosa. Make your enquiry with a dealer, and a quick look at one being finished in the factory might be organised as well.
Pauly

Mossy247
26-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Also consider upgrading the HP in some of those models as then can come in standard packages a little under HP. Good luck and hope you find a nice boat.

Mrs Ronnie H
26-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi
We have a Formosa 520 and I love it. We looked at the 480 but thought it was abit small for what we wanted, although still a great boat. Are you looking at CC as my brother has the 550. Excellent ride as far as i am concerned. If you are looking at the 480 then consider the wall height is lower than the 520 and up.

All in all good value for money IMO. For your first boat it could be an option. Sure Duncan at Formosa would be willing to answer any questions and show you around the factory.

My advice is though, to sit down and think of everything you would like and then start from there. Where do you want to fish, what extras do you want, lots to think about. What size/brand motor, rod holders, bait board, kill tank, batteries etc etc.

Visit some boat yards and do your homework.

Mrs h

Tangles
26-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Like Mossy said, just make sure you get the right HP on the back,

Jonny1
26-06-2013, 10:49 PM
they all come with 60hp 4 strokes as standard, as for brand of motor i'd be happy with either merc, Yamaha or Suzuki, I guess I would have to do my research on them too, I want to be able to chase jacks in the summer, troll for mac's and tuna in the bay, would like to be able to go on trips up to Hervey bay and be able to go offshore when the sea's/weather is right. Extra's would be a welded plate for an I-pilot, live bait tank, gps/fishfinder combo. I'm warming towards the Bluefin and the Quintrex because they seem to come with a lot of stuff standard and also the Bluefin has an option for a 4mm plate, I guess as you guy's have all mentioned is to go look around and see what the packages I can get, thanks for the responses

fisho8
26-06-2013, 11:02 PM
http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12862652&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=0&eapi=2

Have a look at these I have been on one great boat with plenty of storage and fishing space you could get one with a 50hp or 60hp with electronics the one I went on had a 60hp Merc 4 stroke on the back and went like a cut snake. Great Boat for Bay and creeks. Welcome to the world of boating mate hope you find what you are looking for.

Cheers Mick.

BGG
27-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Have a look at a Polycraft especially the side consolefor more room. They will out perform the tinnies and you can't damage them as easily.

gunna
27-06-2013, 10:47 AM
These come with just about all you want as standard.

http://www.clarkboats.com.au/Dominator-Series.php#detailsi

oldie
27-06-2013, 11:38 AM
seen a few 460 Renegade packages online around that price just figure out exactly what you want and start ringing around for prices