PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex 500 freedom sport

Makita
25-06-2013, 08:53 PM
My brother is looking at buying the boat in the attached link , are there any owners of this model out there tell me how they ride etc ? He's looking at using it for fishing and diving off . Cheers

http://m.boatsales.com.au/boats/details/?R=14884525&msrc=fav

thylacene
25-06-2013, 09:45 PM
We had a 540 freedom sport, was a gear family and lake boat. A bit hard on you outside in the wrong sea or chop, good fishing platform, kids/partner always keen to kick back on the lounge up front, enough space to fish four people with real rice comfort. We regularly took it 20 odd k's offshore after double checking weather forecasts. Had a few wet trips home. Controls are not conducive to standing while travelling, they are speedboat style lowset, meaning you have to hunch. Bimini on ours was too low, but extended that so we could stand, but no front clears meant getting wet sometimes.

But in the estuaries and near shore they are a practical platform. If he's intending to go more than 8-10 k's out, for my money I'd buy soemthing a bit more back friendly, but then I am getting old. We paid 26k for a 2006 540 with a 115 efi 4. Stroke mercury, sold it two and a half years later for 26k and left the GPS and EPIRB with it. Had 60 hours when we bought it in 2008 and 240 when we sold it. No problems recommending them as a boat, but not really an offshore proposition.

Thy

Makita
26-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Cheers thy will pass it on

lucee81
26-06-2013, 10:36 AM
If he's after a bow rider I would sell him mine for $20,000.
Just had the whole boat rewired last weekend, has all the bells and whistles.

chocolatemoose
26-06-2013, 10:52 AM
i looked at freedom sports for a while before looking at plate versions. and ended up with the polycraft. i wouldnt look back now after going plastic. rides and handles and sits amazing. better than glass :)

Makita
26-06-2013, 11:51 AM
He's got a max budget of 20g , wants 4 stroke , dual batteries & chart plotter . How much can u pick of polys for ?

Lucee81 if your serious about selling send me some details & pics and I'll pass it on to him , my email is blackferncarpentry@gmail.com

Cheers

chocolatemoose
26-06-2013, 01:20 PM
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=14981941&Silo=Stock&Vertical=Boat&Ridx=6&eapi=2

lucee81
26-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Will defiantly send you pics tonight.
Have twin hds5 combos and twin batteries.

lucee81
26-06-2013, 02:52 PM
He's got a max budget of 20g , wants 4 stroke , dual batteries & chart plotter . How much can u pick of polys for ?

Lucee81 if your serious about selling send me some details & pics and I'll pass it on to him , my email is blackferncarpentry@gmail.com

Cheers

Email with photos and details sent

BigE
26-06-2013, 07:51 PM
recently got myself into a 530 quinny sprit (cab) great boat doesn't ride like a glass boat but does bang like lots of people say. tin boat has lots of advantages in some situations. I went from a haines signature toa quinny and I am more than happy, but i understand that it is a tinny and drive how it is designed to be driven. nornally run scarby to colandra for short runs and fish DI from noosa or moolabar for longer runs. think of all the atributes you are looking for and see if it ticks the boxes.

BigE