PDA

View Full Version : Polyurethane wobble rollers?

Camhawk88
24-06-2013, 07:36 AM
I have to replace my wobble rollers which have all of the rubber chewed off and is almost down to the plastic.
I came across these solid yellow polyurethane wobble rollers and thought they looked the goods but thought Id check here first to see if anyone has experience with them and what they think.
The boat is fibreglass sitting on 32 wobble rollers only.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8-x-100mm-4-SOLID-POLYURETHANE-BOAT-TRAILER-NON-MARKING-YELLOW-WOBBLE-ROLLERS-/170820482845?pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c5b1b71d

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

tunaticer
24-06-2013, 05:28 PM
I would want to feel if they are rigid or semi rigid before buying them for a glass boat. Need to be semi rigid.

johncar
24-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I had some solid yellow keel rollers on my last boat that looked very similar and they were good but they seemed a bit softer than the typical red poly ones. It might be wise to buy a couple first and try them and make a judgement from there. I have also wondered what they were like.

Casey Ison
24-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Yeah Giday mate I actually purchased these rollers and didn't even get around to using them. they are quiet rigid would be happy to show you if you would like to inspect some before ordering a lot? Im selling mine also for cheaper then the ebay site still in boxes if your after a bargain.

Cheers.

Camhawk88
24-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the replies. The effort of getting the boat off to fit them means the whole lot will go on at once. Not to mention they are all stuffed and I cant wait a year or 2 to see if a couple of them wear well or not.

I think the big plus is they are solid PU- not just a pU sock over a plastic centre so one the sock goes the hull is on the plasic as it is now.

Think I will give them a go. Casey how many have you got and what do you want for them? PM me if you like.

Cheers,

grumpysmurf
24-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I got 28 rollers from someone else on eBay. Standard blue ones. Doing the job too well as now the boat slides off before i know it.

Paid about $8 each delivered across the country. They were 5" diameter which I think is harder to get and rolls better. Can find the seller if you need.

See http://fishwrecked.com/forum/about-replace-my-trailers-wobble-rollers for my thread

Camhawk88
26-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Thanks Grumpy, some good info in that thread.

Cheers,