PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Tomorrow June 21st 2013...advice, opinions ?

Hook in Bob
20-06-2013, 07:56 PM
G'day all,

I'm going fishing tomorrow June 21st 2013 near 5.30am -6am onwards, and was going to try three spots. 1) Paradise point ....2) Seaway.... or 3) Near charis's. I will be fishing from bank and using chunks of mullet, fillets of mullet, whole dead garfish, chunks of garfish, and possibly live garfish. My questions are...Using those baits and going to those spots, which spots would you recommend for getting big fish with good white firm meat ?, for i like to fillet and skin/bone them. Also what fish would likely to take such baits, and what has been going around lately?. Any suggestions/other spots etc... would be appreciated. I will get back on here tomorrow sometime, and let you know how i go.

cobiaman
20-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Where the seaway rocks end and it turns into sand is always a good spot.

nathank
20-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I would target something specific given the time of the year.. seaway for jew, the other spots for flathead or bream or whitting.. its getting cold so a lot of the summer species are tapering off. Trevally etc.
If you haven't fished the seaway before.. its tough due to the current and can be very frustrating re-rigging snagged lines.. the good news is its high tide in the seaway at 550am... actually couldn't be a better tide in relation to the sunrise :)
If you have some live garfish or even deadfresh ones they will work fine. Try near the pipe as the tide is near stopped 530am to 630am.. snelled 2 hook rig with small sinker but be carefull it doest get too close to the bottom or you wont get it back.. Good luck mate.
Its about 14/15 meters deep.. here is a link to let you know what it looks like :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OFqQ4XbAng

Hook in Bob
20-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Cobiaman, is that where you come to say the T intersection and follow it to the left then go all the way down to where you park on loose sand etc... ?, i think there is a spot to turn car around, is that where you meant?.

cobiaman
20-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Yea mate around there, i think the road is mostly sealed now

Hook in Bob
20-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Cheers Nathank, i appreciate it. I like catching trev's but i don't find them great eating for to many bones and mucking around filleting them. I have never caught a jewie, are the good fight?, and what's the meat like for eating?. Also are they on at the moment?, lastly "sozz" what else BIG could be caught there with the bait i'll be using?. Many years ago, i use to fish around the bend where the white marker is in the water, can get some good flathead there, but i'm wanting to target some big fish. Cheers again mate.

cobiaman
20-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Livies off the end of the sandpumping jetty can hook big kingies, good luck stopping and landing them though...

Hook in Bob
20-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys for the two lot of advice, i'll see how i go, cheers.[/URL][URL="http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?115585-nathank"] (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?115585-nathank)

Just_chips
21-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Take a rain coat