PDA

View Full Version : Mackay Creeks

sleepygreg
20-06-2013, 12:13 AM
HI Guys
I have been in Mackay for the last three days doing some work at the Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal. I didnt bring any fishing gear with me as I anticipated there would be NO time for those sort of shenanigans (kinda right on that note).....but i did a quick recon on the way back to the Motel this arvo to a little spot called Louisa Creek (which is right next to the Terminal). This looks like some fishy type of water.....do any of you Mackay locals have any info on whether it is worth giving it a bit of a flick with some lures for an hour or two late in the arvo (after knock off) next time I am up this way????? Or maybe any other suggestions on where to go to fill in an hour or two in the last bit of light between knock off and feed bag time.

Cheers
Greg

Funchy
20-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Gday Greg,

I was in the same boat as you, finding myself with a couple of hrs after work up there. I ended up getting on to a local and we went down to the Pioneer River for a couple of hrs. Ended up getting 4 flatty's (including my PB 81cms). It is close to town (Between the island and the next bridge down as you look to your left heading for the port crossing the bridge off Sydney st)

Jump on google maps and have a look for a dirt road that goes under the Bruce Hwy.

Hope this helps a bit :thumbsup:

craigk1
20-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi
go to tackle world on Shakespeare street they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction

cheers
craig

grinner2
20-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I can feel a sicky comin on !!!!!!

sleepygreg
20-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Thanks Funchy. I usually stay at the Windmill Motel, so I drive over the bridge every day and look at the water to see if there is any one fishing (if thats the one you mean).....have seen a couple of tracks leading off to the right as you turn towards the harbour.....had to use one of them once when there was a major accident and the only way back was along some dirt road that seemed to skirt the river flood plain. As usual....busy schedule didnt leave much time for exploring...just wishful thinking.

sleepygreg
20-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks Craig. Will call in and see them next time I am up that way.

Greg