PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Stejcraft Monaco Cruiser.

Skiman
16-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I've not had any experience with a Stejcraft before, but am looking at a 2004 6.4m Monaco Cruiser.
Looks neat and very well optioned, just not sure how it would handle rough water, they have very wide nearly reversed chines by the look of it, in saying this I suppose it would be stable at rest.
Can anyone comment on how these boats handle please.

Hossfish
16-06-2013, 09:28 AM
G'day Skiman.

Let me start by saying i am no expert on hull design or performance however I have the Stejcraft 640c offshore model and i am very pleased with it. If i understand it correctly the cabin/superstructure is a different design but the hull is basicly the same.

We have had it in a 2 meter swell (hightailed it home) and it didn't appear to have any broaching problems. In fact i felt quite safe in it that day.

Have had it out the front of Moreton island a couple of times with differnt conditions and again no problems.

A couple of times coming home the Tangalooma we have experienced some reasonable chop but the boat handled it with no porblems.

Where abouts do you hail from. If its not to far away i would be happy for you to have a look at mine and we may be able to organise a test drive.

Safe boating to all

Cheers Greg

I

Skiman
16-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the reply mate, I'm in R'ton, so might not be able to go for a run with you, thanks for the offer though.