PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Marine Electrical - any issues +poor service

MarkIC
14-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Hi all, I purchased a hand held vhf radio from Sydney Marine Electrical over 3weeks ago and still haven't received it and have had nothing but excuses and promises but still no radio.
Is this a Navico - lowrance supply problem or have others had issues with these guys

http://sydneymarineelectrical.com.au/

Promises have ranged from goods not sent form Navico, received it and will send 1st thing tomorrow, is in the over night mail etc etc etc

I've asked for a full refund and will peruse with NAB Visa insurance if the refund isn't forthcoming in the next business day.

Just wanted to warn other potential buyers about this site and total lack of customer support etc.

Regards Mark

LittleSkipper
15-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Mark! Just another piece of advice when purchasing online? so whether you take it under your wing is entirely up to you? Try and avoid using your credit card online and use PayPal, your covered if you get ripped off and your visa details are never received by online traders.

MarkIC
15-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Mark! Just another piece of advice when purchasing online? so whether you take it under your wing is entirely up to you? Try and avoid using your credit card online and use PayPal, your covered if you get ripped off and your visa details are never received by online traders.

Thanks Little skipper
I have a PayPal account too and use it for everything on ebay, I spoke to these guys at Sydney marine electrical first too and they seemed upfront, made the purchase and then nothing but excuses and promises that seem close to outright lies.

MarkIC
25-06-2013, 11:23 PM
After legal threats and submitting a claim against my VISA card a refund was finally issued, I wouldn't touch these guys with a barge pole