PDA

View Full Version : Jetski fishing!!!!

bannana
10-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I've just recently purchased a kawasaki 300 jetski with rear basket for rods, tackle, esky etc. I'm looking to get a GPS/Sounder combo fitted in the next week or two down at Trymax so i can start hitting a few areas close offshore (the group or up along Moreton) or in the bay.

Any tips related to what combo unit or set up advice would be much appreciated as well as any advice in general relating to jetski fishing.

I'm interested in trolling for tailor, spaniards and perhaps a small black latter in the year.

Keith

Seahorse
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Hi keith.
I fish off my ski in the bay. Havnt ventured outside yet. I put the humminbird 788 cxihd combo. Fitted real well. U can get the special braket for the transducer and for head unit. I ran my trans wire over the back. Didnt want to drill holes in hull.

Mate aso has ski so always go out together. Usually leave from clontarf but going to try outside seaway next couple weeks. What partof town u in.

Cheers
Greg

bannana
11-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Greg,

I'm down malny but happy to travel anywhere to go for a fish. What parts of the bay do you guys fish and what taget species?

The seaway sounds unreal - how far out do you plan on heading?

Keith

Seahorse
11-06-2013, 08:05 PM
We were planning to head out 24 fat or 36 fath. We usually chase whiting in he ous or sandhills or snapper at Harrys or around mud.
Mate wants to try Mermaid reefs. Another bloke i know want ustl join him up at DI.

Dont know whete we ate heading on saturday

Cheers
Greg