PDA

View Full Version : 1770 tips, not marks, needed

Floating Rib
08-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi Guys, heading to 1770 for a week next month, have been once before and stayed on Lady Musgrave, fellow Ausfisher Outwide kindly gave me a few marks wide of Musgrave but this trip will be returning to 1770 each day and wont be going that wide. Any help to point me in a direction/distance from the bar to start looking for some bottom fishing ground would be appreciated.
Cheers
Mick

mudcrab3
08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
hey mate what size boat are u heading out in ?

Lucky_Phill
08-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Local areas like Banana Gutters, Inner and Outer Wides.

If you have GPS software on your PC, I can flick ya some starter marks.

But the areas should be listed on your mapping.

Banana Gutters around the 23k's east and wides about 30 K's NNE. as well as some gfood areas 20k's NNE

cheers

Horse
08-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Drop in and have a chat with Tony at Agnes Water Bait and Tackle. He will give yiou starter marks and the heads up on whats biting. I used one of his Reef flys to catch the 15kg Green Jobfish in my avitar

bannana
10-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Follow your sounder!!!!!!!! Not marks!!!!

You don't need to go any further than 20k's to catch quality fish up there.

We usually head out to the reef for an overnighter (excuse to have a few beers and stay a bit longer up there) but when we camp up there at easter close afternoon trips are the go. The banana gutters that Phil's referring to were on fire this year and at times produce some quality fish including a mate of mines PB of a 16kg red. That same day two years ago he dropped another that the boys say was bigger so don't disregard inclose.