PDA

View Full Version : best ramp to launch 5.5m fibrglass boat

Still_Dreamin
06-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Taking my brother and his son out fishing on Saturday morning. He is at Capalaba and I am looking to fish southern bay mainly peel. I have to pick him up as he without car as he is a FIFO. I have launched my mates alloy at Raby bay but there is no pontoon and the sand beside the jetty looks rough. I usually launch from cabbage tree and run over to mud so any help would be appreciated

Benben86
06-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Victoria point, near the vmr, would probably be the go. But if the weather is half decent it'll be packed. Other than that redland bay... Also packed if the weathers ok.

Still_Dreamin
06-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Even at 5am?

Darren Mc
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM
If you get there at 5am you should be able to get a park at Redland Bay. I wouldn't leave it much later than 6.30am. Redland bay is my pick of those two, it has a bit of shelter from wind and a nice new pontoon and so far I've never had a problem there with my vehicle or trailer. Just don't reverse in any further than the white painted line on the rock wall on the coast guard side at low tide cause that's the end of the ramp. Not sure about Victoria Point.
Hope the showers stay away for ya...

Axl
07-06-2013, 03:30 AM
If you are going to pic your brother up at Capalaba why not come back to the ramps at the Manly marina, there are two there one at Trafalgar st and one at Davenport dr near the RQYS. The one near the RQYS has a pontoon so it would probably suit you better, plenty of parking and the ramp itself has a nice gentle slope to it.

solemandownunder
07-06-2013, 02:12 PM
FIFO...::)....I must be dumb, so what does that mean :-?

Cheers, Ray.

propdinger
07-06-2013, 02:36 PM
i read it as FIFO= fly in fly out, working away in other words