PDA

View Full Version : Heading down to Coffs?

bigmac87
05-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Gday guys. I'm heading down to Coffs this weekend and was going to take my boat if this weather fines up >:(. Was just wondering what I should try fishing for? I would be happy to go outside or have a play in the rivers. An help would be appreciated.

Cheers Macka

hooknpull
05-06-2013, 09:36 AM
The dave irwine comp is on mate, should be boats everywhere chasing snapper. Ill be up there!

nathank92
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
i went down to coffs about 6 - 8 months ago just for a day trip with friends , walking along the rock wall i guess u could call it that protects the marina there were hundreds of mullet feeding at the bottom of the wall decent size too . didnt take my fishing gear tho

bigmac87
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM
The dave irwine comp is on mate, should be boats everywhere chasing snapper. Ill be up there!

oh well should be easy to find were the fish are then haha.

Chanlo
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Boat ramp can be dodgy just YouTube last years comp to see some cars swimming at the ramp.
Sat you'd be crazy to try to go outside but sun and Monday might be ok.
Mouth of the rivers should starting to fire up this time of the year.
The rock walls around the marina are always a good bet

nigelr
06-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Safest bet at the moment IMHO bream in the estuaries and on the beaches and walls. Prolly some luderick too, if that's your thing.
Will be a busy w/e at the ramp weather permitting, the Dave Irvine is a very popular comp.

bigmac87
11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info guys, it was a fun trip. Saturday was the worst with rain and wind not letting us get out at all. We didn't pull up any records either unfortunately. The biggest snapper/squire we caught was 33cm haha but that's fishing. Still it was a fun trip and I would do it again.