PDA

View Full Version : new regs maroochy river....

astro66
27-05-2013, 06:41 AM
anyone see this... http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/About-us/MSQ-headlines/Headlines-maroochy-river-discussion-paper.aspx

they didnt go far enough....the river is full of boats with no lights at night/dangers not marked.....were are the signs/education (two guys killed last year going flat out )

should be 15/20 knots from maroochy bridge to the mouth before some one is killed by the idiots on jetskis...>:(

gruntahunta
27-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I think the 6 knots in Petrie Creek is ridiculous. It is quite wide, doesn't get much boat traffic and I used to use it a lot. Will take forever to get to prawn spot now...suppose I.ll just have to tow a lure behind me at 10 kph.....not forgetting to lift it over the reef crossing the creek a fair way in....it has already got one of my laser pros hooked to it.

The rest hasn't really changed, 40 knots is fine in the wider river, lets u skip over the shallows easily through the short cut. 40 knots is around 70 kph.

Astro, it's the blokes who sit near the cod hole bridge with no lights that are the problem, not the blokes goin fast. Lets not nanny state the blokes who know what they are doin, and do it right, just to protect the idiots who are breaking the common spence regulations...like having lights at night so you can be seen....I don't even care if their lights are not legal, just have something that's shows me you are there.

The old fella in the cream boat whe casts nets every day has the right idea,...when he is stationary fishing under the bridge, he puts up a huge Aussie flag so he can be seen.....bloody hell he gets a lot of mullet...he is a nice bloke as well, doesn't speak English real well but..lol

astro66
27-05-2013, 09:58 AM
yeah captain joe goes ok....
went out last night...a guy with a 4.5m tinny 40hp comes past us at full stick....one pissy allround light on no nav lights...at 1230/1 am ...they are fekn dangerous...
people sit along that stretch almost every night with no lights...i gave a couple of young guys a serve last time i went out sitting in the shadow of the bridge no lights at all they were lucky i always slow down to 6knots around the bridge for that reason...there used to be 6 knot signs either side of the bridge now they are gone ???