PDA

View Full Version : Stefan boats

seashawgal
25-05-2013, 11:24 AM
What do people think of those new imported fibreglass cuddy cabin boats imported by stefan on the Gold Coast?

solemandownunder
25-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Dunno...hav'nt seen them.....any pics/links ?

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Triple
25-05-2013, 12:14 PM
http://www.stefanboatingworld.com/

The razar cats look like they would be fun with the 60 on em.

Do a google search on smartliner boats and you will see a few reviews.

Their weight and max hp rating makes me wonder.

Shark Poker
25-05-2013, 12:57 PM
1.Their engines cover 2.5 to 40hp, which is the lower end and most competitive part of the market. It is going to be hard to make a difference in that market.
2.The razor cat looks like an outboard version of a jet ski. While an outboard has advantages over a jet (quieter, and with actual F-N-R gears) the razor cat is likely to be too light to handle waves. It is only half the weight of a sea doo. While entry level yamaha/sea doo jet skis are pretty cheap, it will be hard to beat that market.
3. The half cabs in my opinion are ugly. And 'different' so good luck with those.
4. The tinnies are obviously an organised manufactured product, but we have plenty of suppliers already.
5 But Stefan has a long term success of marketing and promotion and all his products ARE GOING TO SELL.
6. But I learned a while back that the more you try to equal the specifications, the closer the prices become. No way around that! So this new range will sell, and have a market share, that is all.
7. Oh and if you would like an opinion on quality, safety, strength... what percentage of buyers care these days? It is a disposable society.
Pauly

johncar
25-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I guess if you are happy to take a risk and buy an imported boat and design and the price looks attractive for 20' cuddy with 90 merc opti BMT for around $35K.
I don't have money to throw away so resale would be a concern to me compared to local popular builds that hold there value reasonably well.
This video I stumbled on, although not in English shows a bit around the boat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=WRL2J7_jAWA&NR=1
Couldn't see myself in one but there is probably a market share for them and if they prove to be half decent over time then everyone will want one ;) I wonder if you a get a free Pink Stefan shirt with every boat??

seashawgal
25-05-2013, 08:30 PM
The karnic sundeck 2052 $55,099 incl trailer & 150hp 2 stroke mercury is very comfy

Muddy Toes
25-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Just a query Seashawgal.....are you affiliated with these boats?

timddo
25-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Saw these boats today, well made. Warranty should be good

fisho64
26-05-2013, 02:01 AM
the only ad Ive seen for them was a comical photoshopped one saying how great they are. It looked so ludicrous I thought it may have been for April Fools Day

lucee81
26-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Reseller maybe. Or Stefan himself googling his name and comes up with this thread.

WalrusLike
26-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Seashawgal has been on this site for a good while... she has a number of posts and appears to be a outdoors lass who loves boating and fishing.

Lets always assume good faith on the part of posters and not become like so much of the rest of the Internet.

These boats will suit some and I wish him well with his venture. Who knows... He may advocate for better ramp facilities.... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lucee81
26-05-2013, 07:38 AM
That bloody muddy toes always trying to cause trouble.

Muddy Toes
26-05-2013, 07:52 AM
And may I now be excused for wanting to ask her more questions about these boats as an interested potential buyer?

WalrusLike
26-05-2013, 08:03 AM
What was I thinking.... You two are nothing like the rest if the Internet.

:)

You both are unique and valuable Ausfish treasures. :)

(I do enjoy your contributions and long may they continue....)

On topic now... I wonder about the max HP ratings on the glass ones... but maybe lighter means economy and doesn't need big horses.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Blackened
26-05-2013, 08:55 AM
G'day

Looks like the razr cat is based on the thundercat style of hull, All i can say is, better get his quality control right on these as there's little room for error as far as construction and materials go in a boat like this.

Dave

upstart
26-05-2013, 09:27 AM
They're pretty flat in the rear end. That normally translates to easier planing with less hp. Think the old swift craft.

seashawgal
26-05-2013, 09:56 PM

No I'm not

ThePinkPanther
27-05-2013, 02:12 PM
I was looking at the vid on the Smartliner 17 and it looked like the forward view would be kind of restricted. The driver is sitting a long way back but appears to be looking through the forward windscreen? Is so, he wouldn't see much I would imagine or is he looking over it?

solemandownunder
27-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I was looking at the vid on the Smartliner 17 and it looked like the forward view would be kind of restricted. The driver is sitting a long way back but appears to be looking through the forward windscreen? Is so, he wouldn't see much I would imagine or is he looking over it?

After watching a couple of the promo vids, I thought much the same thing....it would seem like the line of sight is obscured by the forward lines of the "half-cab".
Maybe, it was just shorter peeps at the helms of the boats in the promos ? Maybe the seats are adjustable ?

In any case. I DO like the lines of the new range & the handling in both calm & rough/er types of seas. They seem to handle quite well over wakes & swell and seem to steer pretty accurately & easily on the turns with the hull leaning into the turns quite nicely.

From what I can see, these boats would be quite pleasurable to use for a day due to the amount of aft room....don't know about overnighters as the forward cabin area seems very short.

Not a boat for myself, but I can see some good things comming their way.

This thread was the first I had been notified about these boats so I was naturally curious and BTW, I have NO affilliation with these vessels or their owner/importer :P, just commenting on what I see in the promos.

Cheers, Ray