PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary Cove boat show

Still_Dreamin
23-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Is it worth while malking the effort? Not in the market for a new boat as mine is 12 months old. Not interested in drooling over boats I cant afford, that is just depressing. Would be interested in fish finders, rods, reels and tackle. So should i bother or save my time and money

timddo
23-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Look at it this way, i'm taking my boy there to walk through what would be my potential next purchases.

60 foot boat hmmmmm.

ozynorts
23-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Do the prices come down much for the shows? I am looking for a chart plotter atm and was hoping that there would be show specials on the Garmin 551.

Chimo
23-05-2013, 04:56 PM
15% see below :P

Chimo
23-05-2013, 04:57 PM
15% off all stock at Whitworths while its on.
FYI (Woolloogaba Breakfast Creek Southport and Mooloolaba)

ozynorts
23-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Is that online also? Bit far to go for a quick look....:)

ozynorts
23-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Just had a look at whitworths online and they have them for the same price as trymax has had them for a while now. $579. Does anyone know if that is the show price for whitworths or not?

Still_Dreamin
23-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I have the garmin 551s. Great plotter but not rapt with it as a fish finder. Probably says more about my skills than the device but I am looking at getting a dedicated fish finder(dragon fly or furuno) and using the garmin device as plotter only.

Chimo
23-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Ozynorts FYI92852

Giffo65
23-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Ozy

There is a Lowrance plotter Elite 5 in the classifieds on here for $400 new in the box. I spotted it today whilst looking for other stuff.

ozynorts
23-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I have the garmin 551s. Great plotter but not rapt with it as a fish finder. Probably says more about my skills than the device but I am looking at getting a dedicated fish finder(dragon fly or furuno) and using the garmin device as plotter only.
Hey Still Dreamin, I have a Furuno 627 as a sounder so it would only be used as a plotter, thanks for the feedback.

Ozy

There is a Lowrance plotter Elite 5 in the classifieds on here for $400 new in the box. I spotted it today whilst looking for other stuff.
Thanks giffo, will have a squiz.

TimiBoy
23-05-2013, 08:37 PM
I shan't say what I'm looking at this weekend, because there is a tosser out there who thinks I'm in a pissing contest. Needless to say I am near purchasing something with twin diesels and a few beds, with a lovely airconditioning system. And that person can go suck someone else's lemon, 'cause mine is way too sweet for him.

TheRealAndy
23-05-2013, 11:11 PM
I shan't say what I'm looking at this weekend, because there is a tosser out there who thinks I'm in a pissing contest. Needless to say I am near purchasing something with twin diesels and a few beds, with a lovely airconditioning system. And that person can go suck someone else's lemon, 'cause mine is way too sweet for him.

Too late, you already said it. You are now in a pissing contest!!!

I scored some free tix, so going to try make it Sunday. I am not in the market for anything right now. I bought another rag boat just before christmas, and sold the polycraft. Need to sell the old rag boat before I can afford to buy a new stinkboat though. Still worth a look.

If you are after a bargain, dont waste your time. Given the current market you will get the same deal or better outside of any trade show.

Now I am not sure what pissing comp you are in Timiboy, but I am keen to get in on it!!! Wife wants something like you are describing!!

TimiBoy
24-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Oh some ######## a while back decided I was a "Gunna" and said so. He might be one who dreams then rabbits on about it - I guess he judged me by his standards. I plan and then execute.

I've been looking at trailer boats for a while, but they're just too small and I'm over getting squeezed - lol, and I bought the Colorado to tow a boat... So we'll be getting into something that camps 5 star, and sits out the back on the water.

I won't buy a new boat though. Sure, you get all the new bits, warranty and so on, but geez you pay. I know Riviera are trading a 2009 45 Open flybridge with the engine upgrade in 4 months or so, it'll be around $680K when new is near $1,200K. It's one of my faves, but I think I'll likely get an IPS hot rod. I like the space it provides, and the nightmares it'll give my Insurance man :). I'm in no rush, just need to have it by my 50th (Oct 2014). The right boat will turn up when it does.

Luke G
24-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Will the 8000 garmins be there?

TimiBoy
24-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Will the 8000 garmins be there?

That's a lot of Garmins to look at...

paullee
25-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Can anyone actually reply to the original question posted in this thread? Is it worth a look for fisho's in trailer boats or is it more for tossers that buy their seafood rather than catch it?

Giffo65
25-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Therealandy

See you there on Sunday, I am taking the cook to look at boat's without the kids. Oh to dream ! look for a 6 foot blond and a bloke drooling over fishing boats and associated stuff !

Lancair
26-05-2013, 12:56 PM
A lot of Garmins to look at, but no 751sx only a new gpsmap 70s

Mike Delisser
26-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Can anyone actually reply to the original question posted in this thread? Is it worth a look for fisho's in trailer boats or is it more for tossers that buy their seafood rather than catch it?

IMO....Compared to the Tinni n Tackle, and the Brizzy boat Show I'd say no it's not worth it for the ave trailer boat fisherman if that's all he's interested in. That's if the show is the same as previous years of course.
Cheers

Giffo65
26-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Went to the show and had a good look (perv)when the missus was not looking !.Most of the stuff is for the well heeled and not the average fisho. We did buy a good food vac sealer, Italian made with 5 year warranty, just need some fish to put in it now !.I did want to buy some Dyneema to replace the seatbelt webbing on the winch ,but they did not have Eftpos,WTF who carries much cash nowdays !

Gon Fishun
26-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Went to the show and had a good look (perv)when the missus was not looking !.Most of the stuff is for the well heeled and not the average fisho. We did buy a good food vac sealer, Italian made with 5 year warranty, just need some fish to put in it now !.I did want to buy some Dyneema to replace the seatbelt webbing on the winch ,but they did not have Eftpos,WTF who carries much cash nowdays !

Johncar from on here has the Dyneema made up ready to go. Send him a PM.

Giffo65
26-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks Gon fishun,will do.

Illusionmirage
26-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Was interesting to see how some people live. Me and my wife are on a good wicket but some of those boats. Seriously how do you get that sort of money?

I was super disappointed that there was only 1 bass boat and a small 17ft at that. Even the Grady's and whalers started at 28ft for cabin boats.

Was nice seeing the new kevlacat. But for the price well a 28 freeman can almost be imported from the US.

Some nice boats for sure tho, just don't see the point if you can't fish from them. Maybe one day I will be a multi squillionaire.

sleepygreg
26-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Timiboy....if you are going to do any serious gamefishing from your new rig.....DON'T get the IPS drives. PM me and I will give you the full story.

TheRealAndy
27-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Was interesting to see how some people live. Me and my wife are on a good wicket but some of those boats. Seriously how do you get that sort of money?

Some nice boats for sure tho, just don't see the point if you can't fish from them. Maybe one day I will be a multi squillionaire.

Have to agree with you on that, except the fishing part; for me its fishing or sailing!! Seen some very nice sailing catamarans, and some nice power cats too!!! All out of my price range though (short of taking some SERIOUS finance!!)

I only managed to see a small part of it. Dont try going there on crutches after a knee operation, far to dangerous (and painful)!!