PDA

View Full Version : want to purchase a 16-17ft side console help???

frontflip90
20-05-2013, 08:37 PM
so my dad is thinking for selling up all his boats atm we have 4 as I just bought 6.4m trailcraft and now he wants a nice creek boat with a welded in wedge plate for the electric motor and he wants a side console around 16-17ft but they are pretty hard to find the bigger side consoles, any help?

Rip it up
20-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Formosa searod 5.2m is a nice platform. A mate uses one as a crabbing fishing platform.

frontflip90
21-05-2013, 06:22 PM
cheers will have a look he owns a Formosa centre console atm and he loves it should of noted down that he only want to spend around the 25 mark

Noelm
22-05-2013, 09:58 AM
That sort of money I think you will be looking at the Telwater range (Stacer, Quintrex and Savage) you might be able to squeeze one in for that money, be pretty bare and have a 2 stroke on it and a cheap trailer though I would think.

bluefin59
22-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Why not have a look at a bluefin predator for that money ,I've had mine 9yrs and still love it they have quite a few with side consoles in the range ...Matt

oldie
22-05-2013, 11:46 AM
490 Renegade Quintex side console with alloy trailer and 75HP 2 stroke for sale at my local dealer down here at tweed heads for $24,735 and it had the Electric motor bracket, was in there this morning bloody snapped my anchor rope on Monday lucky it was my old reef pick!! new 10mm anchor rope and reef pick and chain ouch!

ozynorts
22-05-2013, 12:12 PM
so my dad is thinking for selling up all his boats atm we have 4 as I just bought 6.4m trailcraft and now he wants a nice creek boat with a welded in wedge plate for the electric motor and he wants a side console around 16-17ft but they are pretty hard to find the bigger side consoles, any help?

cheers will have a look he owns a Formosa centre console atm and he loves it should of noted down that he only want to spend around the 25 mark

Just trying to get this straight mate. is he going to sell all his boats including the Formosa CC? If so can he take the motor from the cc and put it onto a new Formosa side console? Will the side console be a better boat than his cc? Not sure what size the cc is so just throwing up options.

frontflip90
22-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Cheers for all the opinion, yeah looking at a bare hull pretty much because that will save a lot of money and its all easy to fit yourself, think the old boi just wants to sell his boats with his motors and start fresh, just hunting around for brands