PDA

View Full Version : Diawa service

pojo
16-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Rang Diawa to order a shuttle gear for a Proteus 300 reel cost $1.50 then informed postage was $5.50 ,when I said that a stamp was only 60c they said the postage was a standard charge . I think that this is a total RIPOFF not happy with their service

Rodman
16-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the real world
Shimano is the same

Ken

Mike Delisser
16-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Rang Diawa to order a shuttle gear for a Proteus 300 reel cost $1.50 then informed postage was $5.50 ,when I said that a stamp was only 60c they said the postage was a standard charge . I think that this is a total RIPOFF not happy with their service

If Daiwa stuck it in an envelope with a 60c stamp on it the letter would be machine sorted through belts and rollers (esp if sent between capital cities). Any small hard object can easily be ripped from the letter. At $5.50 it "should be" in a small padded bag or tuff bag and these processed in a different (kinder) manner.
Cheers

Sevric
17-05-2013, 06:13 AM
In todays world I think we should all be grateful that manufactures carry parts. I know it seems like a ripoff but at least you can repair the reel.

Peter4
17-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Maybe they're pissed at you because you can't spell their company name...::);)

Rodman
17-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Mate Daiwa send their parts in a Jiffy bag via Aussie post and Shimano send their parts in a overnight air bag and they charge the same as Daiwa

Ken

sleepygreg
26-05-2013, 10:33 PM
and both get there at the same time......the problem is??????

If you break the cost down to either Daiwa or Shimano....or any other OEM for that matter. For them to send you a $1.50 part....and charge you $1.50 plus postage @ $5.50......it has probably cost them $25 in real terms (time spent by people processing the order, packing it, sending it....and so on). I suppose you think someone should go to your place and fit it for you at no charge. FFS if thats all you have to complain about you must have a good life!!!

Rodman
27-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Mate they may get there at the same time but with Aussie post they go missing where airbag they at least get to you. I have not received a few things from Daiwa and Jack Erskine via Aussie post I recon there is a fisho working there (aussiepost)and helps him or her self to reel parts.

Ken