PDA

View Full Version : My Run In with Fisheries

bennykenny
14-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Took the boat out last week down the gold coast, to do a bit of whiting fishing, got myself a feed which i was happy about, as i had my car on the ramp about to retrive my boat the fisheries turned up at the ramp, only a small local ramp on the Coomera, and i was the only boat there.
they Jumped out of their car and introduced themselves, said they were doing checks and they would wait while i got my boat out of the water,so putting my boat back on the trailer was a little hard with a strong cross current and i was struggling a bit, when low and behold the fisheries officer jumped in and gave me a hand winching the boat onto the trailer.
got it out of the water and had a good chat to them, they checked my boat over and were on their way.
A nice young Lady and a Guy,couldnt have left a better impression. From some of the stories ive heard about some officers, i think i lucked out. First time i have been checked in the 9 years ive lived in QLD.

solemandownunder
14-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Hey Bennykenny.....tell me it's not you I just bought the 5hp Soozie from with the spun prop ???? :P

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

bennykenny
14-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey Ray, Hope its Going well for you.
Still waiting for those 9ft cast nets to come in, hopefully they wont be long.
Cheers Brendon.

solemandownunder
14-05-2013, 05:49 PM
;D G'day M8.....could NOT have been anyone other than your good self :P

Dont stress over the nets M8, dont think I will be chasing prawns anytime soon, am trying to get out this Sunday (markets are cancelled), but will be concentrating on fishing the southern bay....I Hope.

Wanna tag along ?

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Mike Delisser
14-05-2013, 05:54 PM
When you used the words "Run In" I was expecting something else. Good to hear though.
I recon I would would normally get checked about twice a year, maybe because I fish freshwater 90% of the time and a often it's a comp where they know many will be attending. Most of the time they just want to see a current SIP. Come to think of it though I haven't been checked since this time last year, I wonder if their numbers or hours have been wound back.
Cheers

bennykenny
15-05-2013, 06:26 AM
;D G'day M8.....could NOT have been anyone other than your good self :P

Dont stress over the nets M8, dont think I will be chasing prawns anytime soon, am trying to get out this Sunday (markets are cancelled), but will be concentrating on fishing the southern bay....I Hope.

Wanna tag along ?

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.
would love to Ray, but im working all weekend myself. hope you get onto a few.

solemandownunder
15-05-2013, 02:35 PM
No probs M8.....hope I meet a few nice Waterpolice/Fisheries meself ;D