PDA

View Full Version : GD Marine Services RANT!!!!

Muddy Toes
12-05-2013, 10:27 PM
O.k so now I've got everyone's attention this is just a quick little thread to let everyone know about my few dealings I've had with Garry from GD Marine Services.
In the past year or so I've had issues with my hydraulic steering and trailer lights that I've posted about here on Ausfish. In the threads I started about these issues someone has always told me to contact Garry (Spaniard King) to see if he could help. Both times I've done this and he's fixed both of these problems at my house.
Now here is where I started to get a bit pissed off at him......

1.I arranged for someone to be at my house all day in case he rocked up late like some other guys out there.
But,,,,he rocked up on time and buggered that plan up!!!
2. I had set aside some time to get home and clean up the boat and all his rubbish after he had been.
But,,,,my boat was spotless and so was my yard so then I was left with nothing to do!!!
3.I prepared myself to be disappointed to find something not quite done right or not how I wanted.
Nup,,,,,everything was perfect thus leaving me with preempted anger I never got to use!!!
4. Had a heap of money set aside to pay him.........this is the frustrating one!!
Sent me the invoice and it appears he's forgotten about a heap of items and labor charges as the bill is very much on the small side!!! What the hell am I meant to do with my money now?!?!?!?!?

You see folks this hasn't just happened once...........these are ongoing issues I have with Garry. So I've heard on the grapevine that he's going away this week for a bit of a fishing assault so I'm thinking the best way I can get back at this guy and put an end to his fishing time is to let everyone know what this guy's work is like and hopefully some of you guys will use him in the future to the point where he has no time for fishing because he's always working!!! Karma Garry, Karma!!! Muck me around like you have been and I'll do the same!!!;D

Dicktracey
13-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I'm feeling your pain Muddy I rang Gary the other day & asked him if He could book service my Suzuki.
I had a whole line of you slack prick lines ready and he stole my Thunder by saying yes !
I with you Totally over him ;)
Dick

Spaniard_King
13-05-2013, 06:04 AM
yep, sorry about all that!!

So just to reiterate a point of Muddies. I am off fishing till the end of the week and there aint no phone reception were I am goin.

So hopefully I have a few pics to show to add to your pain :) see yas

And no I did not miss;)

burleygu
13-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Garry Will be giving my motor a good going over once I finish my fibreglassing. So don't get to use to them 4 strokes mate. I have a dirty 2 banger that will need some love and attention.

Actually I wonder If he can fiberglass hmmm.

Its only a small patch that needs doing :S.

Wont use anybody else since experiencing the same dramas as Anthony

2IC
13-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Anthony I feel your pain mate ,Garry did a major service on my motor not so long ago , the prick rang me up on the day of the service to say that he is 40min away then turned up 10min early ,chanced all the oils etc. & not one drop on my concrete. then after he had finished he polished the motor wtf made the Honda all shiny & don't get me started on his son either , then the prink had the gall to call me last Friday to see if I wanted to go fishing this week, so if anybody out there needs anything done on there boats give this bloke a call you wont be disappointed ,as he has way to much time on his hands to be able to take 4days off to go fishing

deckie
13-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking of moving to Qld just so he can do any work required on the boat.
If he was a chick i'd wanna marry him...and i dont even know him :thumbsup:

ozscott
13-05-2013, 11:21 AM
It used to take several services to make it worthwhile for Gary to come to Brisvegas...is that still the case Gary. I would be happy to use your services mate, but Im between Brisbane and Ipswich, so dont know if that suits you. I have just had a service so Im good for a year (it being a Yammy...:) ).

Cheers

Giffo65
13-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Thats good to hear,Muddy ,you could of taken out that preempted anger you had and kicked he dog i suppose.I will be using him for my newly aquired Honda 130 and he is only about 1.5k from home yeha.Do we have a thread on this forum for giving any business a good rap for services provided ?.

Garry

Hope you get some fish !

burleygu
13-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Put it this way scott I live at morayfield near caboolture 30 minutes north of Brisbane. I also had a Yamaha which I purchased new from Brisbane Yamaha 5 minutes down the road. It turned out cheaper for myself having Garry do it. Even with him travelling up here. Just give him a bell and put your name down when he has another job around your area hell let ya know and get it done!

wags on the water
13-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Now if only Garry would bite the bullet and start servicing Opti's, I wouldn't be mad at him either........

burleygu
13-05-2013, 01:44 PM
well he better start doing mercury/mariners Cause in due coarse Ill be wanting him to do my 150 mariner and my 40 mercury!

outwide1
13-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Been using Gary for a while now and wouldn't have anyone else touch my outboard.
Even though i have never met the bloke personally i would give him the thumbs up.
Highly reccomended.
Cheers Mick

netmaker
13-05-2013, 02:44 PM
haven't seen garry since my 20 hour service. i will need to book my 100 hour soon and see if i can't get me some more of muddies frustration. that prawning really clocks the hours up. 6 hours a day of motoring and going nowhere...

MEG-A-BITE
13-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Yep,Muddy I have had the same problems with Garry,the mans service is impeccable.And he is always willing to help,I will not use anyone else to service my Honda.
Thanks Garry for all your help with the Prop as well...

Scott Ashe
13-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I will be giving Garry a call in 6 to 8 weeks to service my 30 Yam 4 stroke, since he did a fantastic job last year. I would book it in now, its just that I'm going to holidays to Darwin in a month and I'm saving some cash for that.

bigjimg
13-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Now if only Garry would bite the bullet and start servicing Opti's, I wouldn't be mad at him either........

Ah hang on a minute ,,,Yep he does. Jim

wags on the water
14-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Ah hang on a minute ,,,Yep he does. Jim

Well Garry, looks like you need to fess up......Maybe the 200 is too big of an Opti to work on.....

dnej
14-05-2013, 08:46 AM
And what gets me is the spare( old ) parts he gives you back in a sealed zip lock bag.

What the heck am I supposed to do with those.??????????????????? ( LOL)
I guess he is alright though, cause he lets you watch.
David

fisho64
14-05-2013, 11:32 AM
bit of a bromance goin on here....

darkside
14-05-2013, 01:52 PM
It is honestly refreshing to read a positive post relating to good service. Often we are quick to criticize but very rarely give credit where its due. Muddy Toes, great post and Spaniard King , great work. !!!

mowerman
14-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah.

He also drinks VB.

Shudder.

Rod

my v16c
14-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Yes...but would he service a Verado??? ;)

Cheers!
My V16C ;D

Muddy Toes
14-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah.

He also drinks VB.

Shudder.

Rod

So the Corona I got him last time was obviously a waste then.................

wags on the water
14-05-2013, 08:53 PM
So the Corona I got him last time was obviously a waste then.................
Probably use them as visitors beers....

Spaniard_King
16-05-2013, 09:19 PM

ok managed a couple of days out off Gladstone, got some good fish and the weather was great until 3am this morning when the rain started but that's life.

Did 400klm in the boat, the new 250 was superb!

Good to put some fish in the freezer.

Now Back to work:-[[